Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Hannibal was visibly starting to tire. Spent most of his time tracking runners who pinched the ball off the latest of the multitude of Tunisian ball-hogs.

Put in a shift today. Would have loved to see more of the creative side of his game but even prime Zidane would have a difficult time playing with such tunnel-visioned team mates.
It would be difficult for Mejbri to show his qualities the way Tunisia play, it was nice to see him put a shift in though, definitely ready for some first team action for United.

Bondi77

It will be good if he gets plenty of action in the African Cup where there will be some decent teams instead of this shower of shite!

NYAS

It will be good if he gets plenty of action in the African Cup where there will be some decent teams instead of this shower of shite!
:lol: You mean this shower of shite that happened to win the last African Cup?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
:lol: You mean this shower of shite that happened to win the last African Cup?
The quality in this cup was poor, no getting around it. More mens football is good for him but let's not pretend this was good in terms of quality compared to UCL, PL etc...

NYAS

The quality in this cup was poor, no getting around it. More mens football is good for him but let's not pretend this was good in terms of quality compared to UCL, PL etc...
Who pretended it was as good as the UCL?:houllier:

Is the African Cup as good as the UCL/PL?

It was a boringly obvious point delivered in an extremely ignorant way that made him look like an idiot.

Glorio

Just seemed like they had it in for him today. They refused to pass to him unless there was absolutely no other option, and when they did pass, it was usually a poor one that got intercepted - made no sense

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just seemed like they had it in for him today. They refused to pass to him unless there was absolutely no other option, and when they did pass, it was usually a poor one that got intercepted - made no sense
Wonder if they have turned against him being their most famous player and being a young boy?

The introduction their FA gave him etc, they probably think "who is this guy to come in and be a star?" that's how it feels to me.

Eventually they'll all worship him.

Ekeke

Wonder if they have turned against him being their most famous player and being a young boy?

The introduction their FA gave him etc, they probably think "who is this guy to come in and be a star?" that's how it feels to me.

I suspect its more a case of belief in their own ability, that they are as good as he is and you dont need to pass to him just because he's free. This is the shop window for a lot of these players

Adam-Utd

I suspect its more a case of belief in their own ability, that they are as good as he is and you dont need to pass to him just because he's free. This is the shop window for a lot of these players
that too I guess. I didn’t see the final but with what people have said that would fit. probably a combination of both maybe.

let’s hope their coach can get them a bit more drilled for the AFCON

In Rainbows

It was a good experience for him to play under that crowd and setting. That's part of the development process too.

MrBest

Great experience for him, 18 years old, 9 caps for his country. Yeah Tunisia play individual football, but just being on the pitch, in a competitive environment is amazing for his development. Looking forward to see what RR does with him. Maybe a Jan loan out or more minutes for us. For me, he is already a better player than Mctominay.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Great experience for him, 18 years old, 9 caps for his country. Yeah Tunisia play individual football, but just being on the pitch, in a competitive environment is amazing for his development. Looking forward to see what RR does with him. Maybe a Jan loan out or more minutes for us. For me, he is already a better player than Mctominay.
Come on! Let's not diss McT. He's a full international for Scotland and had had enough minutes in a United uniform for most of us to make some sort of judgement.

I like Hannibal. But we are only seeing glimpses of his potential and in reality, we have seen enough academy players pass through the gates of Carrington and fail despite showing tremendous amounts of potential at 18.

Let's be proper supporters of Manchester United -- and not slag off everyone who may not be world-class but who do put a shift in at least. There is way too much of that going on in the forum.

Foxbatt

It's as you think. He is the most famous because he plays for Manchester United. If African and Arab and some Asian teams play as a team instead of 11 individual players they could go places. But time and again you will see all the countries, they have the same style. Trying to show off by trying to dribble.
Players like Salah now have the status that if they do it to him, the fans and the country will turn against them. Hannibal hasn't made it yet so they get away with it.

Bwuk

Id put money you’ve watched Hannibal less than 5 times if your using McTominay as any sort of comparison.

the_cliff

It's as you think. He is the most famous because he plays for Manchester United. If African and Arab and some Asian teams play as a team instead of 11 individual players they could go places. But time and again you will see all the countries, they have the same style. Trying to show off by trying to dribble.
Players like Salah now have the status that if they do it to him, the fans and the country will turn against them. Hannibal hasn't made it yet so they get away with it.
I disagree with this. Mjebri is still young and will get there, Tunisia in general have always played that way and are known for being a defensive team, the most defensive team in North Africa. They have always relied on being solid defensively and relying on individual brilliance/set pieces in attack to win games especially against the other North African nations who have superior players. I have been watching African football since 2006 (specifically North African) and your general statement couldn't be more false.

Algeria, Morocco and Egypt all play as a team despite having 'star' players such as Ziyech, Mahrez and Salah. The key difference between them and Tunisia is Tunisia don't have the personnel the others have, Mjebri is 18, is in his first tournament and doesn't have the trust of his teammates yet. Also, although Hannibal does have the potential to become a Mahrez/Salah level star he's not there yet and that will come with time.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Does he have to quarantine on returning? If not and with all the covid cases we've currently got, you'd think he'd have a shot at making the bench for Newcastle, that is if the game goes ahead.

MrBest

Come on! Let's not diss McT. He's a full international for Scotland and had had enough minutes in a United uniform for most of us to make some sort of judgement.

I like Hannibal. But we are only seeing glimpses of his potential and in reality, we have seen enough academy players pass through the gates of Carrington and fail despite showing tremendous amounts of potential at 18.

Let's be proper supporters of Manchester United -- and not slag off everyone who may not be world-class but who do put a shift in at least. There is way too much of that going on in the forum.
I agree, but my intent was not to slag him off. My previous comments have always mentioned Scott
Id put money you’ve watched Hannibal less than 5 times if your using McTominay as any sort of comparison.
Hand over the money then.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
He’s back training with us. Interesting to see if he gets any game time before he has to leave for AFCON.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He’s back training with us. Interesting to see if he gets any game time before he has to leave for AFCON.
I think we'll sneak him some first team minutes, he's been very unlucky with the timing of his injuries to not have more under his belt.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Needs to nail down a position early, too many players "Can play multiple positions", state your position and excel in those traits, he should be a 6 with his abilities or an 8, not a 10 or out wide in the men's game for me

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Needs to nail down a position early, too many players "Can play multiple positions", state your position and excel in those traits, he should be a 6 with his abilities or an 8, not a 10 or out wide in the men's game for me
Not sure. I hope he follows a similar development path to Modric, who if I remember correctly joined Spurs as an attacking midfielder who used to play off the left before becoming a centre midfielder. The important thing in the short term is to bed him in with the pace and physicality of top level football.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am desperate to see him play because he has in spades qualities we lack in midfield.

city-puma

8 or 10 probably is the best route for him at the moment to get the chance, even though I hope he can eventually become a deep-lying playmaker.

AneRu

Not sure. I hope he follows a similar development path to Modric, who if I remember correctly joined Spurs as an attacking midfielder who used to play off the left before becoming a centre midfielder. The important thing in the short term is to bed him in with the pace and physicality of top level football.
I think it can be done, Hannibal on left Sancho on the right and Bruno as a 2nd striker. It will also help with our forward press because Bruno is a better presser than Rashford, Cristiano and Greenwood. The challenge though is in keeping out Rashford and Greenwood, he will need to be immense to justify the trouble that comes with such a decision.

Adam-Utd

I like that he said 'us'. I think Rangnick likes him a lot, it's a shame he will probably barely get any chances to actually play him though unless towards the end of the season.

Robertd0803

I love how Ralf only watched as far as Hannibals substitution like the rest of us and had no interest in the outcome afterwards :lol:

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Fletch looks like he's still in playing shape.
Only a year older than Ronaldo, and seems like a guy that take care of himself. Hope Rangnick can be a good mentor for him as a technical director too.

jesperjaap

Seems to have been unfortunate so far with the timing of his injuries and international appearances....which will continue in January. The way Ragnick comments it seems he obviously likes him and also unlikely he will bed him in until after the next international tournament in January bar a depleted squad from Covid.

Seems a shame, I personally have only seen highlight videos of him bar his few minutes for us so cant confess to giving any opinion of merit. All i can say, we do have some talented youngsters coming through but the likes of Shoetire, Elanga and even Amad for me, dont look quite ready to make the step up in terms of development to the first team regularly such as players like Elliot and Curtis JOnes at Liverpool (that is not comparing ability, just development).....but I would like to see Mjebri getting opportunites as just watchign his speed of thought, vision, technique and awareness within the clips and his cameo and the fact he can play in positions we are short of quality or depth as back up, I have a feeling he could be the one player that could be.....though of course we will never know until/unless he plays as there were similar feelings with Angel Gomes of course for many

Status
Not open for further replies.