5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

He has done well so far and that is really the only thing we can say at the moment.
The young man has a good skill set and games on the left will probably be the way to go but we will have to be selective on which ones; we don't want him matched up against Walker, Cancello,TAA or James early in his career.
I get the Modric comparisons and a little bit of Grealish as well and I look forward to seeing his career develop with us.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Anyone else have the feeling this lad could be more suited to a deeper role?

Maybe not for his cameos atm, but long term.

Trequarista10

Anyone else have the feeling this lad could be more suited to a deeper role?

Maybe not for his cameos atm, but long term.
I hope so. Most promising number 10s don't make it, it would greatly improve his chances if he can become a reliable number 8. I don't think he'll ever be a DM as such but I think he has the skill set to be solid defensively and contribute in possession from deeper, i.e in a midfield 2 alongside a DM.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Another poster said he expects out of the current sort of generation of academy players, Hannibal will make it. There was one other person he said should make it as well, but i cannot remember who it was.

Remember the geese

Another poster said he expects out of the current sort of generation of academy players, Hannibal will make it. There was one other person he said should make it as well, but i cannot remember who it was.
I think he will make it too. Him and Hansen-Aarøen are very similar types of players. We've got some great midfield talents at the moment, with Shoretire in the mix as well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He has that fire and determination, the swagger and confidence needed to make it to the top.

He will need a little bit of luck and to find a position that doesn't block his path, but he has all the tools needed.

RuudTom83

I’m a big fan, he was unfortunate with injuries last season just when the younger lads were getting minutes in Europe.

I hope Ole is brave and gives him some game time.

RuudTom83

Too good...the likes of Lingard & Pereira need moving on asap so we can see more of Hannibal in the first team squad.

laughtersassassin

Too good...the likes of Lingard & Pereira need moving on asap so we can see more of Hannibal in the first team squad.
Mata too. Very frustrating when he is given minute diver Amad for example.

Obviously Mata won't be leaving but he should not be getting minutes over them at this stage. He offers less.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Nothing new — he really needs to become a first team regular this season.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He's the one I want to see the most making cameos this season. Stylistically he could grow into a Bruno stand in.

Think we're keeping both him and Shoretire. They're young and the least developed physically.

Swedish_Plumber

If anything, he should be kept from the under 23s solely due to how many times he’s hacked down there. He looks a level above whenever I’ve seen him so would love to see him in the squad. A loan probably makes most sense for game time though.

Teja

If anything, he should be kept from the under 23s solely due to how many times he’s hacked down there. He looks a level above whenever I’ve seen him so would love to see him in the squad. A loan probably makes most sense for game time though.
Yup he might actually have a bad injury there. It's insane how much they kick him in the U-23s.

Paul778

I think it's level between the two, I think we've got two absolute gems on our hands with them two.

We really need to do more to clear Mejbri pathway into the first team.
What more can we do? We let citeh have a clear run at Grealish?

Actually, obviously i know the answer. Sell Perierra and Lingard

In Rainbows

He's the one I want to see the most making cameos this season. Stylistically he could grow into a Bruno stand in.

Think we're keeping both him and Shoretire. They're young and the least developed physically.
I'd rather not turn him into a Bruno type player. I want him to run the show from deeper like Modric, but also join in attack when necessary. Those types are harder to find.

Blood Mage

I'm not sure he's as close to the first team as Amad or Elanga, he needs a loan I think.

yamo123x

Having watched him since we first purchased him, I FEEL he is ready for the first team. He has ability and unbelievable work ethic, can be petulant at times but with more senior players around him i feel he could do very well.

For me he brings more to the table than James, Pereira, Mata. Still question marks on Lingard too.

I hope Hannibal and Elanga are the ones who stay with first team squad this year. Amad too. We need to give these promising youngsters experience

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'd rather not turn him into a Bruno type player. I want him to run the show from deeper like Modric, but also join in attack when necessary. Those types are harder to find.
Yes, I wrote earlier in the thread that I could see him play in a deeper position later on his career. It's just much easier to get game time as the 10 for the cameos at this stage (also plays there for u23). I can't remember the last time I saw a deep lying playmaker being promoted for a top team.

This season I kinda see Pogba as Bruno's backup if he gets injured, unless we're gonna play around VDB's strength with more creativity around him.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I'm in for Hanniba to get game time here, but we are in a positions were we can't risk our season to try out kids, he needs a loan deal out ASAP, Lingard and other fringe players are proving to be unsalable because we pay stupid money to players other clubs won't pay same wages to.

mav_9me

Yes, I wrote earlier in the thread that I could see him play in a deeper position later on his career. It's just much easier to get game time as the 10 for the cameos at this stage (also plays there for u23). I can't remember the last time I saw a deep lying playmaker being promoted for a top team.

This season I kinda see Pogba as Bruno's backup if he gets injured, unless we're gonna play around VDB's strength with more creativity around him.
Busquets started playing for Barca main team when he was 20 y/o

Jacob

Honestly don't know why he isn't getting more minutes. Hannibal and Shoretire are good enough to displace James, Pereira, Mata etc. We can sell senior players without hesitation, knowing there is adequate cover.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'm in for Hanniba to get game time here, but we are in a positions were we can't risk our season to try out kids, he needs a loan deal out ASAP, Lingard and other fringe players are proving to be unsalable because we pay stupid money to players other clubs won't pay same wages to.
Lingard and James wages aren't unreasonable for other clubs to take over. They're here because they and/or Ole want to be here.
Not sure why he needs a loan, if he's being targeted for his lack of physicality and temper in the u23's, he could do with another season there, he's still only 18.

Busquets started playing for Barca main team when he was 20 y/o
Busquets was already playing in the pivot for Barca B though. Hannibal is almost always an AM in the u23s, debuting him CM wouldn't make sense.

zenith

Can't wait to see him in the first team. Reckon he'll be an absolute ace no. 8
He's got everything needed to succeed in that position.

The Red Thinker

I really hope he finds a place in the rotation. Boy is uber talented. Amad as well. These two cannot be allowed to dream of greener pastures. They're superstars in the making.

Semir_Tuce777

Supports
Velež Mostar
After Amad he is our next best prospect
I think honesty Hannibal is the biggest potential by far. I watch him 2 years and believe me mate it is insane how this kid is thinking, there are no limits for him.
Im a bit too much hyped sorry. Cant wait to see them both.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The problem is those players seem to have little problem with not playing football and prefer the prestige of being a Manchester United player over being a regular elsewhere. Hence 28 year old Lingard declaring he wants to ‘fight Bruno for his place’ basically rather than join West Ham. If he were open to the move he’d be gone already. We have players that prefer to play 5 games a season here than ask for a move.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The problem is those players seem to have little problem with not playing football and prefer the prestige of being a Manchester United player over being a regular elsewhere. Hence 28 year old Lingard declaring he wants to ‘fight Bruno for his place’ basically rather than join West Ham. If he were open to the move he’d be gone already. We have players that prefer to play 5 games a season here than ask for a move.
That's a good point actually, but that's where the club should be more ruthless.

Fergie would have moved the likes or Pereira, and Lingard out the way and had Mejbri picking up minutes ready to take over.

I know Ole has said he wants these options around in case of fatigue / covid issues, but we have a special talent in Mejbri.

laughtersassassin

I think honesty Hannibal is the biggest potential by far. I watch him 2 years and believe me mate it is insane how this kid is thinking, there are no limits for him.
Im a bit too much hyped sorry. Cant wait to see them both.
Agree but Amad has outshone him in his limited under 23 time.

I do have Hannibal miles ahead of Shoretire though

Kag

That's a good point actually, but that's where the club should be more ruthless.

Fergie would have moved the likes or Pereira, and Lingard out the way and had Mejbri picking up minutes ready to take over.

I know Ole has said he wants these options around in case of fatigue / covid issues, but we have a special talent in Mejbri.
In the 90s, ay. A 70 year old Fergie was still parading the midfield with geriatrics and we paid a price for that in the long term. More younger players have broken through in the past few years than they did under latter era Ferguson (some by design and some not so). If this lad is good enough then Ole will give him his opportunities. Greenwood is your prime example of this.

Sea-Cow

I think he could be a more dynamic Carrick type as well, and don't see a future for him at United as a number 10. Bruno is relatively young, brilliant, and hates to be substituted, much less sitting out entire matches. So where will any potential new number 10s get minutes? And they would have to come in and produce at near impossible levels to beat Brunos impact in goals and assists.

Unless Bruno's form falls off a table of course.

The only thing that would worry me about playing deeper is that he likes to dwell sometimes and he occasionally gets ripped trying to take an unnecessary turn, and its usually right in the middle of the pitch about 30 yards out from our goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.