5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

phelans shorts

Haha I see this argument all the time. He played BECAUSE Ralf didn't want him. It's not like the U23 is an elite team where all the best players go and Ralf sits there "damn, I wish I could use this Wellens kid, he is world-class, but yeah, he must play in the U23 so sadly I can't use him".
What argument did I make?

I answered a question with a statement of fact

MalaysianRed7

Assuming that that wasn’t an accident and they didn’t realise there was a game the next day, it still begs the question why.
For one, while Pogba is out, Varane and Ronaldo returned, giving one less space on the bench. Meanwhile, Lingard and Mata are much more experienced than Mejbri, thus if the game is tight, he’ll have absolutely no chance of coming on anyway. Might as well just give him playing time for the u-23s.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
For one, while Pogba is out, Varane and Ronaldo returned, giving one less space on the bench. Meanwhile, Lingard and Mata are much more experienced than Mejbri, thus if the game is tight, he’ll have absolutely no chance of coming on anyway. Might as well just give him playing time for the u-23s.
Not sure I quite agree when you’ve named 3 defenders, and 3 attacking midfielders/wingers alongside Henderson on the bench. Difficult to see what happens if either Matic or McTominay get injured.

Smores

I've been wanting him in the team more for ages but it's amusing to see suddenly after a small debut so many in the matchday thread outraged by his non-selection.

The leap people go from 'not ready' to 'must play" really is just a senior debut most of the time.

Yagami

Good post resistant
With Iqbal missing the Arsenal game, I suspect we didn't want to lose both Mejbri and Garnacho, too, so it came down to one or t'other to play against Arsenal whilst the other travelled with the senior squad. That's just my guess.

Mickson

No, it isn't a fact, that's not the reason he wasn't involved today. The reason is probably that he's deemed not good enough and that's the reason why he played with the U23, not the other way around.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I hope we develop him as an 8, and not an attacker. We need a technical player like him in midfield, but with workrate too.
Me too, he looks good on the left but I like him so much more in midfield.

He shouldn't have played last night. There was no reason not to utilise him today.

AltiUn

He played the U23 game as he wasn't going to be utilised in the senior game. The first team takes precedent over the U23s so if he was intended to be used then he wouldn't have played. The poster is questioning why he played for the U23s last night instead of being in the match day squad for today. It's not rocket science.

Bestietom

We may have to introduce several of these young players to the first team squad next season. A 120 million budget won't bring in all the players we need.
Hope we have plenty of good defenders coming through also, as everyone just seem to mention midfielders. We need a complete back 4 of defenders.

united for life

I’s start him in the last 3 games. What is the risk? He won’t perform well? Who is at the moment? We might as well give the kids some game time abs experience; at least they have something to prove

lenny_1248

Hopefully, he starts the last game of the season against Crystal Palace. Need to wrap up EL before that.
So, let's win next two games and play the kids in the last...

Red Rash

Should start tonight.
Probably out of the young players on the bench against Chelsea, he is probably the most ready considering his performances for the under 23s and international experience. Definitely would like to see him get at least 20 minutes tonight

Holocene

The atmosphere around the team is toxic at the moment. Bringing him in with a fan base openly hating the team on the pitch is a dreadful idea.

Maybe bring him on if we have a lead and the mood isn’t as bad as on Thursday, definitely not a start.
He will get an easy ride, as he should. Majority of the fan base will not be critical of him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The atmosphere around the team is toxic at the moment. Bringing him in with a fan base openly hating the team on the pitch is a dreadful idea.

Maybe bring him on if we have a lead and the mood isn’t as bad as on Thursday, definitely not a start.
Players have the circumstances that they have. Some players debut into shit teams, some debut into strong teams. Some debut in happier times, some in sadder times. A player can’t just be left in the fridge until hypothetical better days. He’s a 20-ofd year old international who is ready to play. If he wants to be a footballer, he just needs to play and get on with it.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
So he didn't feature last night against Liverpool U23s?

A bit disappointed to hear Garnacho and Alvaro Fernandez played 70 minutes in that match but it is what it is.

phelans shorts

He will get an easy ride, as he should. Majority of the fan base will not be critical of him.
He’ll still most likely be effected by it. If he starts slow (such as giving the ball away first touch to concede a goal again) then the mood will soon turn on him. He’d be given a lot more rope in a positive environment.

Leave these players out or give them away games
Players have the circumstances that they have. Some players debut into shit teams, some debut into strong teams. Some debut in happier times, some in sadder times. A player can’t just be left in the fridge until hypothetical better days. He’s a 20-ofd year old international who is ready to play. If he wants to be a footballer, he just needs to play and get on with it.
I’d have him involved early next season, when the mood will have switched to optimism under a new competent manager. There’s nothing at all to gain by throwing him in tonight.

Lyng

I am not so sure. I think the fans on the stadium will be supportive but man some of the comments towards Elanga have been extremely toxic.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
According to ESPN he was reprimanded by Rangnick for his performance Vs Liverpool and sent back to the u23s. Did wonder if it was related as to why he's not featured since.

As a side note, he was on the bench Vs Chelsea but overlooked in favour of Garnacho. I was watching his reaction when Garnacho got the nod over him and he stood up from his seat, ripped his bib off and threw it across the dugout into the steps :lol: A bit childish and petulant, but hopefully he learns. He was left off the bench Vs Brentford, which may or may not be related. But all the coaches saw him do it. Normally the unused subs just keep their bibs on.

AltiUn

According to ESPN he was reprimanded by Rangnick for his performance Vs Liverpool and sent back to the u23s. Did wonder if it was related as to why he's not featured since.

As a side note, he was on the bench Vs Chelsea but overlooked in favour of Garnacho. I was watching his reaction when Garnacho got the nod over him and he stood up from his seat, ripped his bib off and threw it across the dugout into the steps :lol: A bit childish and petulant, but hopefully he learns. He was left off the bench Vs Brentford, which may or may not be related. But all the coaches saw him do it. Normally the unused subs just keep their bibs on.
I wouldn't trust ESPN on this, they've been all over the fecking place recently.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That would make no sense whatsoever.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

Childish yes, but like what we saw in his cameo it comes across as passionate and with some fight in my eyes. We see more petulance from the established players from our team.

His aggression in the match is a ridiculous reason to be dropped if true. What about players regularly in the team who put F all effort, and not getting dropped?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Low IQ display. That's okay, there was nothing else on display today.
“Ralf Rangnick was not impressed with Hannibal Mejbri’s cameo in the 4-0 defeat to Liverpool. Hannibal was reprimanded by Rangnick for a reckless and erratic performance and punished him with a return to the under-23 team.”

Ralf agrees!

AltiUn

“Ralf Rangnick was not impressed with Hannibal Mejbri’s cameo in the 4-0 defeat to Liverpool. Hannibal was reprimanded by Rangnick for a reckless and erratic performance and punished him with a return to the under-23 team.”

Ralf agrees!
Is that a quote from Rangnick’s press conference?

jackal&hyde

They are full of it. Don't believe a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.