5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

I think he will make it too. Him and Hansen-Aarøen are very similar types of players. We've got some great midfield talents at the moment, with Shoretire in the mix as well.
from each generation very few actually make the grade. we had Rashford/McTom and Greenwood/Williams in the last 5 years although Williams may not make the grade. 2 of them are nearly 24/25 and the others 19 and 20. basically one or two might break into the team once in a while from a particular 'class' but even then we don't know if McTom will be a long term feature (probably will). point is its rare for academy players to become staples or our 1st team.
After Amad he is our next best prospect
Amad hasn't impressed me that much so I might think Hannibal could become better.
Honestly don't know why he isn't getting more minutes. Hannibal and Shoretire are good enough to displace James, Pereira, Mata etc. We can sell senior players without hesitation, knowing there is adequate cover.
deadwood united. We are the worst at hording average players.
The problem is those players seem to have little problem with not playing football and prefer the prestige of being a Manchester United player over being a regular elsewhere. Hence 28 year old Lingard declaring he wants to ‘fight Bruno for his place’ basically rather than join West Ham. If he were open to the move he’d be gone already. We have players that prefer to play 5 games a season here than ask for a move.
Bingo. I always wondered why we collect dead wood and certain man haven't been regular first teamers for 7 years and still wanna hang around. I have accepted Lingard and maybe Pereira will retire here.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Bingo. I always wondered why we collect dead wood and certain man haven't been regular first teamers for 7 years and still wanna hang around. I have accepted Lingard and maybe Pereira will retire here.
Then you look at someone like Tammy Abraham who has had one season overlooked and wants out at Chelsea. Shaqiri at Liverpool too.

Bwuk

Worried we’ll end up wasting him. Another season in the 23s does nothing for him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Then you look at someone like Tammy Abraham who has had one season overlooked and wants out at Chelsea. Shaqiri at Liverpool too.
Aye and then you look at Andreas who gives multiple interviews saying he wants to play regularly and move on and even specifically name drops 5-6 clubs he’s open to joining. But of course that doesn’t fit the agenda to abuse him with.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Expect him to go on loan, Ole said there'd be loans for the younger players later in the window due to needing them for preseason. Only Tuanzabe and Pellistri have gone so far. Can't see all of Elanga, Amad, Mejbri and Shoretire still being here by the end of the loan window.

Tarrou

I think he's the most complete player we've had come through the ranks in a long long time

reminds me a little bit of Gullit in that regard

Ekeke

It'll be interesting to see where he plays. One of the things often called out is how often he is fouled. In that regard he may develop into a player like Grealish who the opposition are fouling a lot at senior level when he runs the ball. Obviously Grealish has found great productivity in the final third and that will be the question with Hannibal if he plays any advanced or attacking role, be it it as a CAM or from the left which is where we've seen him before.

If he plays deeper as a proper CM or DM in the 4-2-3-1 then the end product wont be as important to his development. However we havent seen much of him being used this way. He's almost always been used as an attacker

Bestietom

I would sooner see him get game time here, even if it's cameo appearances until Ole trusts him to play each week.
I really expect him to be a top player for us, and staying in and around the first team would be best for him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Aye and then you look at Andreas who gives multiple interviews saying he wants to play regularly and move on and even specifically name drops 5-6 clubs he’s open to joining. But of course that doesn’t fit the agenda to abuse him with.
But we'll ignore the likes of Bakayoko...

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I think he could be a more dynamic Carrick type as well, and don't see a future for him at United as a number 10. Bruno is relatively young, brilliant, and hates to be substituted, much less sitting out entire matches. So where will any potential new number 10s get minutes? And they would have to come in and produce at near impossible levels to beat Brunos impact in goals and assists.

Unless Bruno's form falls off a table of course.

The only thing that would worry me about playing deeper is that he likes to dwell sometimes and he occasionally gets ripped trying to take an unnecessary turn, and its usually right in the middle of the pitch about 30 yards out from our goal.
Bruno looked knackered at times. Ole needs to protect him and take him off when the game is decided or give him an occasional rest. He was overplayed last season because his stand in VDB is a completely different type of 10 we didn't play around well. Same for AWB and Williams looking shaky.

Im just talking about this upcoming season. Make some cameos, play some cups. He hasn't outgrown the u23's.

U23 football is a waste of his time.
For an 18 year old that is being targeted for his lack of physicality and mentality? You want to send him abroad or to the championship?

Alemar

For an 18 year old that is being targeted for his lack of physicality and mentality?
Pedri is also 18, and look at him. Key player at Barcelona and Spain already.

There is no problem in playing a 18 year old in a senior squad

Marwood

Can't wait to see him in the first XI but I understand Ole's position as well.

After Sancho and Varane signing there are no excuses, has to be a title challenge this year. So it's not the ideal time to start bringing in youngsters. Pep and Tuchel won't be doing so that's for sure.

At the same time I understand those who say what's to lose by giving him Mata's minutes.

Bestietom

I agree. If your good enough your old enough. He will be top player for us if he gets his chance here. imo.

Devil81

I think he's the most complete player we've had come through the ranks in a long long time

reminds me a little bit of Gullit in that regard
I like that comparison, size and movement are very similar actually.

Let's hope he's similar standard haha!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It doesn’t, hence why I didn’t.

The Red Thinker

Pedri plays in Spain. This is the premier league. You'll get bullied if you don't have the physique to deal with it. He is still filling out. Expecting him to be brilliant in the Prem at 18 is a lot. Not many 18 year olds are thriving in the Premier League. If you'd seen Grealish from 5 years ago, never in a million years would you have thought he'd be immovable on the ball.

Alemar

Pedri plays in Spain. This is the premier league. You'll get bullied if you don't have the physique to deal with it.
But when the alternative is to nullify yourself via playing average players like Pereira, Mata or Lingard, I’d rather opt for someone with huge talent who will further develop and take this risk.

Mickson

But when the alternative is to nullify yourself via playing average players like Pereira, Mata or Lingard, I’d rather opt for someone with huge talent who will further develop and take this risk.
Agree but Ole will never do it, although people think he is giving youth a chance by giving Shoretire 12 minutes in a dead rubber game. He would never make such a drastic decision to play Hannibal before experienced senior members in a game that matters. That is what giving youth a chance really means.

mav_9me

Pedri plays in Spain. This is the premier league. You'll get bullied if you don't have the physique to deal with it. He is still filling out. Expecting him to be brilliant in the Prem at 18 is a lot. Not many 18 year olds are thriving in the Premier League. If you'd seen Grealish from 5 years ago, never in a million years would you have thought he'd be immovable on the ball.
Fabregas did.

He reminds me of Fabregas.

Anyway we have to trust the management.

Marwood

Fabregas did.

He reminds me of Fabregas.

Anyway we have to trust the management.
I don't think he looks after the ball like Fabregas did at that age which is crucial for getting those mins. I really like Hannibal but be prepared for him losing possession quite a bit.

Ole gets stick but who else in the top 4 gives players this young a starting role? Very few examples.

Marwood

Agree but Ole will never do it, although people think he is giving youth a chance by giving Shoretire 12 minutes in a dead rubber game. He would never make such a drastic decision to play Hannibal before experienced senior members in a game that matters. That is what giving youth a chance really means.
He gave Williams a chance ahead of Shaw? Greenwood starts ahead of Mata.

Though I disagree with your definition of giving youth a chance anyway.

Ole's job is permanently on the line remember. It's easy to say play 18 year olds when it's of no consequence.

Ekeke

Ole has his favourites, like the managers before him. But we've seen with Greenwood and Williams that he will also pick a young player and give them a run. With Greenwood we've seen the rewards of that, he went from someone who looked raw and not ready to being a great goal threat and now he's an all round good young player as well as able to get a goal.

So really it just depends. Ole hasn't picked and stuck with many young players like with Greenwood, but if he happens to pick Hannibal in the same way it could happen that he plays a lot. I doubt it'll be more than 1 or 2 of our young players at a time though.

Gurtej

If he is good enough, he is old enough….

It’s that simple…. I can’t remember last time we sent a guy out on loan who comes up being a regular for us….Scholes, Becks, Giggs, Nevilles, Rashford etc…. Didn’t need loans …..

The moment we send someone out on loan, chances of them becoming regular 1st team football is next to nil..

E-mal

It’s that simple…. I can’t remember last time we sent a guy out on loan who comes up being a regular for us….Scholes, Becks, Giggs, Nevilles, Rashford etc…. Didn’t need loans …..

The moment we send someone out on loan, chances of them becoming regular 1st team football is next to nil..
I think Beckham went out on loan, am I wrong?

Red_toad

I like that comparison, size and movement are very similar actually.

Let's hope he's similar standard haha!
Apart from Gullit being built like a tank and towering over Hannibal you mean? Nothing alike other than skin colour, long hair and that they both play football. Gullit was a physical beast of a player, Hannibal certainly doesn't have anywhere near the same attributes.

Hughes35

We get this with basically every young player:

1. People say they are ready and can't be any worse than player X
2. Pressure builds on the manager for not starting them
3. We start them and they are clearly not ready
4. People blame the management for ruining a top talent

The reality is usually in the middle. If / when they are good enough they WILL break in to the first team squad, just like Greenwood has.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Perhaps not a regular yet, but Henderson has been on a good few loans before coming back for the season just gone

Mickson

We get this with basically every young player:

1. People say they are ready and can't be any worse than player X
2. Pressure builds on the manager for not starting them
3. We start them and they are clearly not ready
4. People blame the management for ruining a top talent

The reality is usually in the middle. If / when they are good enough they WILL break in to the first team squad, just like Greenwood has.
Hannibal is a top-tier talent, just as mister Pogba who left on a free transfer after not getting a chance in the team.

Hughes35

Hannibal is a top-tier talent, just as mister Pogba who left on a free transfer after not getting a chance in the team.
I don't doubt it. There is a difference between being talented and being ready though. He will get chances, just needs to take them.

You can't compare to the Pogba situation, different players, different manager and different coaches.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don't think he looks after the ball like Fabregas did at that age which is crucial for getting those mins. I really like Hannibal but be prepared for him losing possession quite a bit.

Ole gets stick but who else in the top 4 gives players this young a starting role? Very few examples.
Well said. Once again. Needs minutes and pressure to improve. He won’t get that on our bench.

Posh Red

Beckham did go on loan though

Marwood

Only Giggs and Rashford were in the first XI at Hannibals age though.

Becks and Scholes were 20.

Easy to forget how young these guys are because of the exposure they've already had.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.