Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sp_107

We are linked to

Bissouma / Touchameni / Ndidi / Rice== Pure DM role = Number-6
Goretzka/Neves/Saul/Carmavinga/Ilaix Moriba ==Num-8 role (If we leave Goretzka out of equation as he wont leave Munich other targetts are attainable)

No doubt the names mentioned above are really great but I think our priority in this window should be a proper a DM as we already have plenty who can play in No-8 role (Pogba/Fred/DVB)

In a year time Hannibal could become our proper Number-8 too (ACM) along with Bruno (Number-10) + one of Bissouma or Touchameni in a 3-man midfield

so I would go for one of Bissouma / Touchameni / Ndidi in this window by selling Jesse/Perrera and any other fringe players

But if you look at available number-8's list you cant stop getting greedy and expect us to go for any of Carmavinga/Ilaix Moriba who are attainable.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
Has he been promoted to the first team? From the videos Utd have been posting of their training session its seem he is always there in the session.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Has he been promoted to the first team? From the videos Utd have been posting of their training session its seem he is always there in the session.
He's been training with them a long time now, he just never gets a game. Maddening that him and Amad aren't going out on loan.

Mickson

Yes. Elanga and Shoretire too. Been there for a while now. It seems like he won't play with the U23 much this season, so the question is if he will play much at all.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
But not playing for under 23 also.
He was suspended for first game and Amad wasnt available i think. Elanga was injured.

I expect all 3 to make an appearance in our next game if they are still here.

Edit : Just saw he isnt in team for today's game as well. Must be going on loan then

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He was suspended for first game and Amad wasnt available i think. Elanga was injured.

I expect all 3 to make an appearance in our next game if they are still here.

Edit : Just saw he isnt in team for today's game as well. Must be going on loan then
He trained with the first team today.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
We should stop trying out so hard for the FA cup every once in a while- whilst most of the time not giving too much about Carabao Cup in a season aswell.

We don't know if players like Hannibal, Amad or even VDB or potentially Lindelof can break in to the first 11 contention - we should use some of this competitions to test our players to decide their next step up here.

SAF used to this if I remember right.

We should stop trying out so hard for the FA cup every once in a while- whilst most of the time not giving too much about Carabao Cup in a season aswell.

We don't know if players like Hannibal, Amad or even VDB or potentially Lindelof can break in to the first 11 contention - we should use some of this competitions to test our players to decide their next step up here.

SAF used to this if I remember right.
Ole needs a trophy though

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We should send him to foreign country if we are sending on loan. I am sick of seeing him getting kicked around without any protection. It will be worse in Championship.

DevTheRed

Would love to see him get some cameos in the midfield 2, next to someone like McTominay to do more of the defensive work. Looks a cert to make it here given the chance.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Honestly, I can't recall seeing a youth player of ours being kicked and manhandled so frequently without any protection from the refs.

Anyway, he's brilliant. Him, Galbraith, IHA and Iqbal make for a nice collection of technical, press resistant midfielders.

In Rainbows

Honestly, I can't recall seeing a youth player of ours being kicked and manhandled so frequently without any protection from the refs.

Anyway, he's brilliant. Him, Galbraith, IHA and Iqbal make for a nice collection of technical, press resistant midfielders.
I wouldn't call Galbraith press resistant. He's just a solid midfielder.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I wouldn't call Galbraith press resistant. He's just a solid midfielder.
I have to disagree, mate. Galbraith is one of the most press resistant young central midfielders I've seen at youth level. Even before he joined United, I saw him in a youth tournament containing N.Ireland, Ireland, Wales and Scotland and, even playing on a small surface, you couldn't get the ball off him. The only player who played as well that tournament was Chelseas - then Rangers - Billy Gilmour.

Even now, playing against men, opposition players still can't get the ball off of him. I don't know if you've seen his thread but I posted comments from Doncaster fans who are delighted with how good he is; praising his ability under pressure a lot.

Mickson

I have to disagree, mate. Galbraith is one of the most press resistant young central midfielders I've seen at youth level. Even before he joined United, I saw him in a youth tournament containing N.Ireland, Ireland, Wales and Scotland and, even playing on a small surface, you couldn't get the ball off him. The only player who played as well that tournament was Chelseas - then Rangers - Billy Gilmour.

Even now, playing against men, opposition players still can't get the ball off of him. I don't know if you've seen his thread but I posted comments from Doncaster fans who are delighted with how good he is; praising his ability under pressure a lot.
Tbf he has lost the ball plenty for our U23. But as you said, he looked good for Doncaster but then again I only saw highlights...

Yagami

Good post resistant
Tbf he has lost the ball plenty for our U23. But as you said, he looked good for Doncaster but then again I only saw highlights...
I don't recall him losing the ball that much myself, but, yeah, he's by no means perfect. The four midfielders I named above all lose the ball now and again, but, in my opinion, they're still exceptional under pressure.

Like, you look at the most recent game of Galbraith's:

& these grown men can't get the ball. Even when they're right on his behind, Galbraith has the ability to keep the ball. He's right up there with Mejbri, Iqbal and IHA in that regard.

In Rainbows

Maybe I just have a higher standard in that I like to compare an organized press the likes of Scholes, Xavi, and Modric can get away from. I don't see him as having that ability/potential as much as I like him. That is the context I like to use because of how bad we've been in that department when facing those types of sides. As great as Carrick was in 2013, I didn't think he was press resistant either.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Maybe I just have a higher standard in that I like to compare an organized press the likes of Scholes, Xavi, and Modric can get away from. I don't see him as having that ability/potential as much as I like him. That is the context I like to use because of how bad we've been in that department when facing those types of sides. As great as Carrick was in 2013, I didn't think he was press resistant either.
Fair enough! I actually think Galbraith would be an asset in escaping organised team pressing, too, but I doubt we'll see him showcase that in the first team. Despite being a big fan of his talent, he isn't someone I see being given a chance in the first team, so I'm just hoping he has a good career regardless. He'll probably play in some big games for N.Ireland at least!

I agree with your Carrick point, though. I loved Carrick but that was definitely his biggest weakness. If he had no passing options, and had a man on him, he'd buckle under the pressure more often than not. Still, he was so good at everything else that it wasn't that big of a problem.

luke511

So that's Lingard (and Mata) taking up the no.10 spot on the bench for the season. He needs loaning out.

Litch

Love watching this lad. Needs a bit more of a man's body to play in the PL.....

luke511

Love watching this lad. Needs a bit more of a man's body to play in the PL.....
He's bulked out a bit in fairness, also if the likes of Mata, James and Jorginho can handle it..

NotQuiteManc

Technically sound, which is pretty obvious, but judging from the 2 red cards, I think it is his mental aspect that needs to toughen up more than the physical. I agree he needs more protection from the ridiculous tackles and treatments during the U-23 games, but he needs to learn to keep it cool. Otherwise, he would be an easy target for the likes of teams like Wolves and Burnley.

luke511

He’s way better than Lingard already, isn’t he?
For me Mejbri is already better. One example being Mejbri is comfortable pinging a 40 yarder, I don't think I've ever seen Lingard even try one. He jibbed out of attempting an obvious one vs Southampton where he clearly saw the open man, he gave it to Pogba instead because he didn't fancy trying and by then a defender covered the man and we lost possession.

Litch

He's bulked out a bit in fairness, also if the likes of Mata, James and Jorginho can handle it..
Been involved in young people sports and it's interesting that it's not just about size, its having a adult mentality in how you use it. It's one of the biggest hurdles of team sport, the transition to the adult game.

luke511

Been involved in young people sports and it's interesting that it's not just about size, its having a adult mentality in how you use it. It's one of the biggest hurdles of team sport, the transition to the adult game.
Fair point, I think being surrounded by experienced players on the pitch will educate him in that regard, getting chucked into the deep end is the best way to learn sometimes.

dabeast

Looks like the CL squad has been announced. i hope Hannibal is eligible for the B-squad this year? He wasn’t last year and missed out on an EL appearance.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I don't recall him losing the ball that much myself, but, yeah, he's by no means perfect. The four midfielders I named above all lose the ball now and again, but, in my opinion, they're still exceptional under pressure.

Like, you look at the most recent game of Galbraith's:

& these grown men can't get the ball. Even when they're right on his behind, Galbraith has the ability to keep the ball. He's right up there with Mejbri, Iqbal and IHA in that regard.
This is the type of player our first team lacks, I’m not saying Galbraith is the answer time will tell, he isn’t ready yet….but for me this is the type of player we badly lack.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I always try to be careful not having strong opinions on when we should play to youngsters. I really trust the staff. They have seen more from the players, know them better personally and have so much data on them. Not to forget that they actually make a living off football.

But in the case of Hannibal I’m actually a bit worried. Feels like we could be wasting his time a bit if we dont give him minutes. Same age as Elliot at Liverpool or Bellingham at Dortmund.

IhabX7

Looks like the CL squad has been announced. i hope Hannibal is eligible for the B-squad this year? He wasn’t last year and missed out on an EL appearance.
No Amad either?

Status
Not open for further replies.