5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamsk7

He’s eligible for B list. The requirements are born after Jan 1st 2000 (he’s 2003) and eligible to play for us for two years.

interestingly next year Amad will also be in the B list due to time with the squad.

MayfieldsFinest

How good is this guy? I've only seen snippets and I have been impressed. Any chance he gets some proper game time this year?

Mickson

How good is this guy? I've only seen snippets and I have been impressed. Any chance he gets some proper game time this year?
Nope.

He is very good though and I'm sure he would make his mark even in the first team. He would be playing a lot for a team like Dortmund or Monaco if he was still there.

Dante

Average bang
I hate being negative about United players. Even more so about United kids. But I don't see it with Mejbri. I don't think he'll ever be good enough to reach PL level.

This is the only time I'm ever going to post about this. But I'll do it just this once so I can point back to it in the future to prove I was right (though hopefully he can prove me wrong).

Bondi77

I think the kid looks like he has it all; balance, good pace, eye for a pass, good dribbling and can score a goal but it all comes down to if he can do it when the intensity is turned up when it comes to Premier League football.
If he can cope with the next level then we have a top talent at the club.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Nope.

He is very good though and I'm sure he would make his mark even in the first team. He would be playing a lot for a team like Dortmund or Monaco if he was still there.
Looks like Liverpool are gonna hand a debut to 16 year old Kaide Gordon tonight according to reports. And Klopp's assistant Ljinders is quoted as saying something along the lines of, 'it's more important to give the talented kids a chance than win the competition'.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I hate being negative about United players. Even more so about United kids. But I don't see it with Mejbri. I don't think he'll ever be good enough to reach PL level.

This is the only time I'm ever going to post about this. But I'll do it just this once so I can point back to it in the future to prove I was right (though hopefully he can prove me wrong).
I know where you are coming from. I have it the same way sometimes. But I very rarely say that I dont think a player will make it because the odds are so heavily in favour of that bet that it feels pointless. I mean, so few make it, I hardly feel betting against a youngster would give me «bragging rights» if it turned out correct.

Quite a few appear to think so (obviously not you), and love to shoot down young talents to be able to brag latter that they were right. In my opinion, not very impressive. Tell me who will make it instead, that will impress me.

Dante

Average bang
I know where you are coming from. I have it the same way sometimes. But I very rarely say that I dont think a player will make it because the odds are so heavily in favour of that bet that it feels pointless. I mean, so few make it, I hardly feel betting against a youngster would give me «bragging rights» if it turned out correct.

Quite a few appear to think so (obviously not you), and love to shoot down young talents to be able to brag latter that they were right. In my opinion, not very impressive. Tell me who will make it instead, that will impress me.
This is the first time I've ever posted anything negative about a youth player in 11 years on the Caf. It's not something I do glibly.

The main reason is because I'm seeing future lineups and squads with him as a viable rotation option. I'm trying to be detached when I say so, and coming at it as much as possible from a squad point-of-view rather than a player point-of-view (because I hate myself for downplaying the kid on an individual level).

I rarely ever predict a player is going to make it because it depends on so many things we can't see. Greenwood and Tuanzebe were the last two I ever made that claim about.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

What is there not to like? The only thing he can be criticised for is having a bit of a temper - but that's mainly stemmed from being kicked all over the place.

Technically and athletically he cannot be questioned. The only thing he might struggle with is forcing himself into the team long term, but I imagine we will be giving him some loans soon.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Looks like Liverpool are gonna hand a debut to 16 year old Kaide Gordon tonight according to reports. And Klopp's assistant Ljinders is quoted as saying something along the lines of, 'it's more important to give the talented kids a chance than win the competition'.
Yet I bet if they progress the big guns will start playing again.
don’t forget Liverpool lack depth. Very strange transfer window from them

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yet I bet if they progress the big guns will start playing again.
don’t forget Liverpool lack depth. Very strange transfer window from them
I think he would field a stronger team if they got to the latter stages of the competion. But he does like to blood the youth if he feels they're deserving of a opportunity from what i've read. Last season against Arsenal in the Carabao Cup he started two teenagers in his back 4 and they went out on pens after the game finished goalless. He even gave a debut to a 16 year old fullback in a FA Cup game.

luke511

He's not in the U21 team vs Bradford so hopefully he'll be featuring tomorrow.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's not in the U21 team vs Bradford so hopefully he'll be featuring tomorrow.
I don't see him featuring tomorrow but I hope I'm wrong. Liverpool have given full debuts to both young English 16 year old Kaide Gordon and 18 year Irishman Conor Bradley for tonight's game against Norwich.

Last edited:

jesperjaap

Been impressed with some of the youngsters Liverpool have been bringing through recently. Obviously TAA and I think Gomez was looking very promising until the injuries. Then of course similar now with Harvey Elliot and I have probably been most impressed ability wise whenever I have seen him with Curtis JOnes who could progress in to a very good player.

We are rightly excited about some of the players we have bought through the youth and youngsters we have but we are certainly hadly alone in that regard. Regardless of club football it really is good to see so many genuinely talented English players coming through the last 2/3years with lots of others on the cusp as well, really does look bright for England in many positions

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Been impressed with some of the youngsters Liverpool have been bringing through recently. Obviously TAA and I think Gomez was looking very promising until the injuries. Then of course similar now with Harvey Elliot and I have probably been most impressed ability wise whenever I have seen him with Curtis JOnes who could progress in to a very good player.

We are rightly excited about some of the players we have bought through the youth and youngsters we have but we are certainly hadly alone in that regard. Regardless of club football it really is good to see so many genuinely talented English players coming through the last 2/3years with lots of others on the cusp as well, really does look bright for England in many positions
I agree mate. Liverpool also have a good batch coming through and Klopp has been giving them opportunities since they were 16/17 years old. Curtis Jones was starting games for Liverpool in the FA Cup at 17 against prem opposition. Harvey Elliott was introduced as a 16 year old which brought him to the attention of Championships club and he has since become a part of the Liverpool first team at 18. And tonight Kaide Gordon and Conor Bradley are starting for the first team at 16 and 18 years old which will help their development as players.

Klopp tbf to him does look at the long term and will manage a squad where if he has to look for internal solutions without spending huge money he will and it's why he's been so successful over the years.

M16Red

Liverpool "Kids" aren't that good that I've seen anyway. Elliot was from Fulham and Gomez (24) was from Charlton and 18 when he joined. TAA is a great player though.

It doesn't really matter, Chelsea have been doing it for years and they're is loads of talent in the unders, Sarah is like 19 I think he is going to be a cracking player, they have a few at arsenal at the moment.

Our squad is stacked, some will get through.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

His coach from France that is.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

IF we are talking about academy players then Gomez, Harvey Elliot are not their academy players.

Agree with your point, we are not alone in giving youngsters a chance. Liverpool have done very well too, whether it's promoting from academy or signing young players and playing them in first team.

Bestietom

Mejbri will turn out to be a very good player, whether it is for us depends on how much game time he gets here and if he grabs his chance and continues to improve.
If not I can see him playing for another top team if he moves on. He has everything, and it is up to himself now.

Litch

Very good player, will be interesting where his pathway is to the first team. You can kind of see why Bellingham didn't come to us, as not sure he'd have had much opportunities either.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Seeing as we aren’t in the EL this year Ole should be brave and play some of the young lads in this. That’s the problem with having a capacity squad of senior internationals looking for games and a cautious manager. The likes of Elanga should be starting tonight 100%. If he can’t even get a start in the league cup then he should just be out on loan.

Bondi77

I don't see him featuring tomorrow but I hope I'm wrong. Liverpool have given full debuts to both young English 16 year old Kaide Gordon and 18 year Irishman Conor Bradley for tonight's game against Norwich.
I reckon he will get the last half hour if we are winning.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Should be one of the youngsters starting tonight, if Solskjaer actually gives any young players a chance.

Highfather_24

Should be one of the youngsters starting tonight, if Solskjaer actually gives any young players a chance.
That's the problem with having a 28man squad. You have players like Mata, Lingard, Sancho, VdB and Martial who also deserve gametime.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That's the problem with having a 28man squad. You have players like Mata, Lingard, Sancho, VdB and Martial who also deserve gametime.
I think it's poor squad management really. Those players shouldn't be around absorbing minutes we should be giving to younger players. Apart from Sancho, who's playing every week anyway, the other 4 are pretty disposable and should've been moved on (in some cases) years ago.

macheda14

I think it's poor squad management really. Those players shouldn't be around absorbing minutes we should be giving to younger players. Apart from Sancho, who's playing every week anyway, the other 4 are pretty disposable and should've been moved on (in some cases) years ago.
I don’t think it’s for a lack of trying.
But if you actually look at who we now have in the squad that perhaps we shouldn’t they all seem to make some sort of sense.

Mata: supposedly incredibly important figure in the dressing room and someone United want to move into a board room / ambassador position.
Lingard: we tried to move on, he excelled at West Ham and proved that he is very much worth 25 million. He has since had two very good cameos and one terrible one. I honestly think he’ll have an important part to play this season tactically to provide balance later on in games. Young Boys aside, it seems he’s rediscovered his attacking form. So he allows us to bring someone on to press from the front who also provides a moderately decent attacking outlet. The club obviously want to protect a 25 million pound asset here and will most likely have him sign a new deal with the hope of moving him on in the summer.
VDB: We have to give him another season.
Martial: We should move him on, but now who’s going to pay what he will be worth if he rediscovers his form elsewhere? This is most definitely his last season with us though.
Jones: Now we all know that he’s had incredible injury problems and actually the club have just stuck by him over the last two years.
Bailly: With Axel on loan an important 4th CB.
Matic: We have no other player like him in the squad regardless of whether he can perform at this level consistently.

RUCK4444

Really keen to see more of this kid against PL level opposition.

Not sure it's the right time to start him but would be good to get an appearance of some sort.

city-puma

I did not feel his path to the first team easy during last season, because it seemed that we would always play a rigid double-pivot. After the Sunday's game against West Ham, I have completely changed my mind. Hannibal has the bright path here. We have changed how we play as a team. The so-called double-pivot in that game is really not the rigid protection shell in front of the back line. Hannibal can slip into a left-side midfield role easily due to his mobility and skillset.

mav_9me

I did not feel his path to the first team easy during last season, because it seemed that we would always play a rigid double-pivot. After the Sunday's game against West Ham, I have completely changed my mind. Hannibal has the bright path here. We have changed how we play as a team. The so-called double-pivot in that game is really not the rigid protection shell in front of the back line. Hannibal can slip into a left-side midfield role easily due to his mobility and skillset.
Hannibal can definitely play the role Pogba is playing right now as a LM. Long term I hope to see him in the middle, but hard to see action for a top club in the middle.

Adamsk7

I’d love to see him start tonight. I have incredibly high hopes for him and Amad - I’m sure some will laugh but I believe those two are Greenwood level talents.

city-puma

Hannibal can definitely play the role Pogba is playing right now as a LM. Long term I hope to see him in the middle, but hard to see action for a top club in the middle.
right. our current play style (at least against west ham on Sunday) is very expanded. Pogba, Bruno, McFred, Varane, Maquire are forming a core with some kind of on-demand, flexible movement and space occupying. in many phases, Varane becomes the coordinator connecting upfield players and the last man standing behind, Maquire. Hannibal added to that mix will add mobility and provide another option for fast counter play (note he also has long pass in his playmaking skill). of course, we will miss Pogba's capability to hold ball. So, it is more about gaining something new, different with tradeoff.

RPT_Reddevil

Is he injured? Not even on the bench. Would have loved him to get some game time today.

Status
Not open for further replies.