Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Don’t think he’s going to want to come from an international tournament and go back to playing youth ball. He’s an ambitious kid, I remember when he signed he’s already envisioned how many years it’d take him to break into the first team.

on another note, it’s kind of sacrilegious a big club like this hasn’t had a bonafide african star yet, hopefully Mejbri’s the one
Evra chose France but he's just as African as Mejbri. And then of course you've the Ouane, the only, Fellaini! Manucho, Djembas, Fortune, Gary Bailey, Diouf, Bailly...loads of African legends!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don’t think he’s going to want to come from an international tournament and go back to playing youth ball. He’s an ambitious kid, I remember when he signed he’s already envisioned how many years it’d take him to break into the first team.

on another note, it’s kind of sacrilegious a big club like this hasn’t had a bonafide african star yet, hopefully Mejbri’s the one
I thought of this a few days ago. He will think he's ready and rightly so.

Jaykespeare88

Seems to have filled out somewhat, like that he understands his role is to be a creator, the turn for the pre assist was great, some players would have continued in field, also the Bruno-esqe back heels show he has good awareness.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think their height helps them and they play like the ball is glued to their feet. Do you think Hannibal wouldn't be easily bullied off the ball when against a pl defender
This is something the likes of Merson and the other dinosaurs would say.

Jacob

This is something the likes of Merson and the other dinosaurs would say.
Agree, if you're good on the ball, players won't get near you (or you draw a foul).

Just look at Scholes, he had a protective shield of 5 meter radius at all times due to his positional awareness and vision.

Glorio

I think their height helps them and they play like the ball is glued to their feet. Do you think Hannibal wouldn't be easily bullied off the ball when against a pl defender
Less so that the likes of Bruno, Mata I'd suspect but I could be wrong. I know watching him in training vids and pics, he doesn't look as slight as some of the other talented youngsters we have

Ekeke

Then he needs to get used to it. He invites a lot of fouls ala Grealish, he could end up being the opposite of someone easily "bullied off the ball" and instead someone who wins freekicks in dangerous areas all the time because players keep fouling him

Also he's stronger than Fred

Foxbatt

Agree, if you're good on the ball, players won't get near you (or you draw a foul).

Just look at Scholes, he had a protective shield of 5 meter radius at all times due to his positional awareness and vision.
Other small players too. Zola was no giant. Only 5.6.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He's very physical actually (and he's obviously going to grow further and gain a lot of muscle in the upcoming year), I'm not really sure where this bullying off the ball comes from. People can't seem to be able to take the ball off him without committing a foul — it's not like, say, Amad, who clearly struggles because of his current size.

SoCross

Possebon was a good player in the making until some player injured him. He never got over it.
Myth. He was out for less than a couple of weeks if I recall right.

Unless you mean he really good shaken up by that challenge psychologically.

Smores

He's very physical actually (and he's obviously going to grow further and gain a lot of muscle in the upcoming year), I'm not really sure where this bullying off the ball comes from. People can't seem to be able to take the ball off him without committing a foul — it's not like, say, Amad, who clearly struggles because of his current size.
It's just repeated for every youngster. I'd bet good money that same remark is stated for all of our last 20 academy products.

That and stating a player needs a loan because they're not world class in their first appearance, god forbid if players take a few games to settle.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Possebon was a good player in the making until some player injured him. He never got over it.
Yeap. He was like a boy thrown into a man's game. Personally I didn't think the tackle was all that bad. But it certainly changed him after.

Mickson

People also like to say he would've made it if he didn't get tackled. To me, he was highly mediocre and nothing like Hannibal.

jesperjaap

Personally dont agree with this "too slight needs to bulk up" stuff I leep reading. Obviously players need strength but generally seeing youth products step up, that is only a part of the problem they have stepping up. They are coming up against more experienced players, faster players, better players.
We saw it a few times in Europe with Amad who I thought did ok. He got muscled off the ball a few times of course, but also a few times you could see him tryign to glide or turn past players that he has been doing comfortably in the youth set up....but he was gettign tackles as the plaeyrs were reading his movement, anticipating far better.
Bar obviously Greenwood, none of the youngsters looked quite reaady in Europe for me......but the one I wan tto get chances is Hannibal to see how ready he is. Lets not forget the likes of Amad and Elanga are in areas we already have lots of options. Hannibal however could play in a few areas we are weak in or players are out of form in due to his versatillity, whether he is ready or not is another ting, but I would like to see him get some opportunities

Glorio

Wasn't his leg broken??

Or perhaps it ended up not being so ... Remember there were definitely fears and the tackle was sickening

SoCross

People also like to say he would've made it if he didn't get tackled. To me, he was highly mediocre and nothing like Hannibal.
He was quite good in the few games he played though.

Wasn't his leg broken??

Or perhaps it ended up not being so ... Remember there were definitely fears and the tackle was sickening
Nah, was a cut instead of a break. But the tackle itself was horrendous so yes, perhaps a psychological impact. But physically, he didn’t take too long to recover.

MileStolar

It's just repeated for every youngster. I'd bet good money that same remark is stated for all of our last 20 academy products.

That and stating a player needs a loan because they're not world class in their first appearance, god forbid if players take a few games to settle.
The comments were crazy after Young Boys game. As if players have 60 minutes to show their worth or are deemed not good enough.

It goes both ways too, Blackett, McNair, Williams, Wilson and such were deemed to be mainstays for years to come after a couple of games.

Litch

Youth development has changed. In the past, was investing in the future, now the future could be next season. If you are not ready after training with the first team, you probably will never be. Whilst there have been some high profiles mistakes, not many young players have proven the system wrong when you think of the many that get released each year. They make a career for themselves but often much lower down the pyramid.

Utd need to win now and he might be competing with a player Utd have paid 50m in the summer.....

city-puma

Will he come back in a week? I would like to see him given an opportunity as one of the No10s to find out if he can give Bruno a competition. We gave away our possession so easily and cheaply yesterday. No matter how many times McFred recover the ball, we just give it away right away. It’s not sustainable.

Tallis

Really need to kickstart the development of this guy. Loan to top 5-6 championship club perhaps ?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Will he come back in a week? I would like to see him given an opportunity as one of the No10s to find out if he can give Bruno a competition. We gave away our possession so easily and cheaply yesterday. No matter how many times McFred recover the ball, we just give it away right away. It’s not sustainable.
Plays the semi finals on the 15th against Egypt and then he's either in the third place playoff or the final on the 18th. Would assume that he'd be available for selection against Newcastle on the 27th.

Idxomer

Plays the semi finals on the 15th against Egypt and then he's either in the third place playoff or the final on the 18th. Would assume that he'd be available for selection against Newcastle on the 27th.
He will be going to AFCON soon after the Arab cup.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He will be going to AFCON soon after the Arab cup.
Yes, for sure. But there's a window there of maybe the Newcastle match, Burnley and Wolves. I'd expect him to at least make the bench for one of those matches, but hopefully he'll get game time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I had such high hopes for this guy. feck Pogatetz.
I don't think I've ever actually seen a tackle bad enough to break both legs at the same time.

This guy should have been banned for life on the spot. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.