Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Idiotic performance from him. The praise in here seems desperate and out of frustration.

Seemed behind their tempo even as a sub and therefore forced to do these shitty tackles. Lost the ball which led to 3-0.

Created enemies enough to get a few tackles back when he'll get older - terrible way to go about.. you gonna get injured with tackles like this, as you create too many enemies. Wont get far with this mentality. Long way if he is to make it here.
You’ll make an enemy of me if you’re not careful lad. Watch out.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Of all the times to play him, why throw him on at Anfield :lol:

Pickle85

Idiotic performance from him. The praise in here seems desperate and out of frustration.

Seemed behind their tempo even as a sub and therefore forced to do these shitty tackles. Lost the ball which led to 3-0.

Created enemies enough to get a few tackles back when he'll get older - terrible way to go about.. you gonna get injured with tackles like this, as you create too many enemies. Wont get far with this mentality. Long way if he is to make it here.
There are bigger fish to fry tonight than a youngster making his first game against the scousers. As for the 'creating enemies' narrative, i can't think of many footballers that've been injured by other players to the detriment of their careers by making too many enemies. Players simply don't usually give a shit once they get off the pitch once they've cooled down.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It’s one thing to earn a yellow and be lucky to escape a red with some important or hard tackles that have a real impact and shift the momentum in the game. We needed that all match, but that isn’t what Hannibal offered.

It’s another thing to be lucky to stay on the pitch in a 10 minute cameo with general clumsiness and sloppy play. The lad looked a liability.
What a load of bollox. He could have done better for their last goal but that was a pig of a pass under a lot of pressure.

Otherwise he was ok. Tidy enough on the ball and put himself about a bit. Booking was fair. Foul on Mane wasn’t a yellow card in a million years. Calling him a liability is a ludicrous assessment of his performance. You’re just being contrarian for the sake of it.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Im sorry Am I obliged to mention all other ten crappy players if I want to make a post about Hannibal?

He was thrown to the wolves, and did his best under the circumstances. To me it was an immature performance, and the tackles he made was tackles he made because he arrived too late, as he was not fit for the tempo. That's not a sign of a decent performance to me.

Glad he got game time though
I completely agree with you. i realize the circumstances for him were very difficult but this shouldn’t spare him the criticism. His actions on the pitch were objectively detrimental to the team.

I hope he gets more minutes in the next game and shows that he’s ready for this level. Because today he didn’t, for one reason or another.

As @Berbasbullet said above - you learn a lot in these kind of games and I hope he’s taken something out of it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You can question him being fiery and maybe coming close to getting a red card. But apart from that he did more than fine and if it wasn't for a shitty pass from Maguire to him, then we wouldn't have conceded the 4th.

There's way to many pussies in our team and this kid coming on displayed a intensity and drive that is absent from far too many.

Yagami

Good post resistant
So we could expose the rest of these frauds on the world stage. Ralf knew what he was doing.
Not really a fan of throwing a player on for those reasons. We did the same with McTominay.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I hope this cameo will give Ragnick the will to play him and maybe other young players too. There is nothing to lose tbh
IMO, that's the sort of cameo Elanga had and he started getting more minutes, so I would be surprised if he doesn't get more minutes.

arthurka

Only one who even looked like he gave a shit. Harry did him no favours with that fecking pass. Hope he gets more time.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town

He had just come on as a substitute, so of course he was not up to Liverpool's tempo, and his first touch of the ball let him down, it happens, but I remember a young player starting to make his way in the United first team who came on, at Anfield, when United were 3-0 down, his first touch was with a Liverpool players shin, and subsequently, put himself about a bit. The result was 3-3, and the player was Norman Whiteside, the Liverpool players were so focused on him, that they left the other United players alone, I think Strachan got a couple that day, so creating a presence in the game can have a positive reaction from your own team, and your opponent takes their eye of the ball

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
What a load of bollox. He could have done better for their last goal but that was a pig of a pass under a lot of pressure.

Otherwise he was ok. Tidy enough on the ball and put himself about a bit. Booking was fair. Foul on Mane wasn’t a yellow card in a million years. Calling him a liability is a ludicrous assessment of his performance. You’re just being contrarian for the sake of it.
What’s the non-contrarian position? Hannibal had a good, solid game and we can’t wait to see more? C’mon! If any more senior player came on tonight and did what he did, they’d be roasted.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It wasn’t even a bad foul ffs

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
What’s the non-contrarian position? Hannibal had a good, solid game and we can’t wait to see more? C’mon! If any more senior player came on tonight and did what he did, they’d be roasted.
The non-contrarian position is what I said above. He came on far too late to influence the game and did ok. Plus he showed some much needed aggression after 88 minutes of the whole United team playing like a bunch of pussies. Choosing to criticise him or call him a “liability” is a terrible take.

siw2007

Finally got some game time, though tonight was probably not a game I would have introduced him too. If the game went on any longer he could have got himself sent off so will have to tone down that fire of his a little. However, as an avid United supporter, I can’t help but acknowledge that he showed the aggression and commitment that this team has lacked all season and obviously got to enjoy him going in hard on Henderson too.

Hope to see more of him this season, maybe in a slightly less intense game where he could perhaps keep his head a little more.

Ace of Spades

He does need to control himself a bit, has got some temperament issues. But today I really would not even have cared if he did get a red. Just seemed as pissed as the fans felt.

Also the goal was not his fault, shit pass from Maguire who has been doing that the whole game, the whole season in fact.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Wum.

BuzzKillington

Him throwing himself about a bit also dragged the rest of them into a fight as the pool players retaliated. That in itself was worthwhile. It was all far to placid and we were accepting our humiliation with resigned defeat up until that point. A few nasty challenges can raise a teams effort levels. I wish we’d brought him on sooner.

Reactions: 711

Marwood

Too many not getting that sometimes a display of aggression, a foul, is what's needed. It gets fans and hopefully your teammates blood going.

Especially when you're struggling.

And believe me, this kid will get sent off but he'll also get plenty of opposition players sent off.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The non-contrarian position is what I said above. He came on far too late to influence the game and did ok. Plus he showed some much needed aggression after 88 minutes of the whole United team playing like a bunch of pussies. Choosing to criticise him or call him a “liability” is a terrible take.
The aggression we needed was for someone to give Allison something to think about whilst playing high risk football at back, not petulance with zero upside in our own half. If you are going to get a yellow and push for a red, use that currency wisely.

El__Jingo

lovely cameo, someone who actually came on and crunched someone. shows he actually cares.

Acquire Me

Top performance. Loved it. That’s what we needed. Actually cracked a smile when he floored Hendo.
I felt the same. I loved the way he actually wanted it. A lot of the players just don’t show any emotions and the don’t really care. This guy cares. I hope he gets more minutes.

Skills

Snitch
Those tackles people are losing their mind over, looked like he got flustered after giving the goal away and was trying to make up for it.

Jaykespeare88

Didn't Sven bemoan our fascination with curbing Rooneys aggression and play style!? "Amongst his best atttibute" I think he said. If you want a change in our fortunes we need players higher up putting themselves about!

The_Midfielder

I'll be honest, I didn't bother watching the last 20 min or whatever it was. Nothing on Earth worse than happy scousers.

If he's kicked a few of theirs though, he's shown more than the rest of the wankers.
He does need to control himself a bit, has got some temperament issues. But today I really would not even have cared if he did get a red. Just seemed as pissed as the fans felt.

Also the goal was not his fault, shit pass from Maguire who has been doing that the whole game, the whole season in fact.
We should have played like that from the first minute .. give them hard games ..
Not give them a minute to choose their pass .. just batter them

troylocker

What an idiotic post? It was poor pass from Maguire that costed us that goal.
He wouldn’t have lasted 5 more minutes on the pitch.
Showed heart, but needs a cooler head…

The goal was just as much on Harry as on him, yes. Horrible pass and horribly solved.

Born2Lose

Such a contrast to watch this guy come on and show some energy.

Starting this guy in the next game is such an open goal for Rangnick but no doubt he won't.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
The aggression we needed was for someone to give Allison something to think about whilst playing high risk football at back, not petulance with zero upside in our own half. If you are going to get a yellow and push for a red, use that currency wisely.
What are you on about? His booking was for a foul on the edge of their box.

Nothing he did before or after that would have got him a first yellow card from any ref in the league. Never mind a second.

Acquire Me

Such a contrast to watch this guy come on and show some energy.

Starting this guy in the next game is such an open goal for Rangnick but no doubt he won't.
He should. We need energy and heart. Even some madness. I hate to see assholes walking around with no energy and shit mentality. Get the kids in. It is more entertaining and they care about the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.