Hannibal Mejbri Tunisia flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It might be the case that Erik ten Hag doesn't rate him and will allow him to leave. But I do think he's got the potential to stake a claim in the team from what I've seen, and could develop into a attacking midfielder who has the physicality/athleticism to be strong in the defensive transition as well as being good on the ball.

I think if he's given a run in the team with more technical players around him and a better team structure, the potential to see his ball carrying and passing ability will become more pronounced. I think he should be given a chance in the first team and he could surprise a few people.

The clip below is from Brighton's DoF (David Weir) who says that when they bought Moises Caicedo, they were struggling to find a club that would take him on loan. They eventually arranged a loan to a club in Belgium who were fighting relegation and the experience for Caicedo wasn't great and neither did he stand-out but the minutes he played in the games he was on loan, were fundamental towards his development. Can you imagine the reaction if one of our players was sent on loan to Belgium and didn't standout in a team that was struggling? Caicedo would've been written off and deemed not good enough. But because Brighton were patient with him and gave him games soon after his loan stint ended, he developed into a excellent young midfielder.

But but why didn’t we sign him straight for the first team?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It might be the case that Erik ten Hag doesn't rate him and will allow him to leave. But I do think he's got the potential to stake a claim in the team from what I've seen, and could develop into a attacking midfielder who has the physicality/athleticism to be strong in the defensive transition as well as being good on the ball.

I think if he's given a run in the team with more technical players around him and a better team structure, the potential to see his ball carrying and passing ability will become more pronounced. I think he should be given a chance in the first team and he could surprise a few people.

The clip below is from Brighton's DoF (David Weir) who says that when they bought Moises Caicedo, they were struggling to find a club that would take him on loan. They eventually arranged a loan to a club in Belgium who were fighting relegation and the experience for Caicedo wasn't great and neither did he stand-out but the minutes he played in the games he was on loan, were fundamental towards his development. Can you imagine the reaction if one of our players was sent on loan to Belgium and didn't standout in a team that was struggling? Caicedo would've been written off and deemed not good enough. But because Brighton were patient with him and gave him games soon after his loan stint ended, he developed into a excellent young midfielder.

It would be great if he followed the same trajectory as Caicedo but, let’s be honest, that’s not very likely.

For every one example of a young player who turns out PL quality despite underwhelming loans there would be dozens of counter-examples who never amount to much.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
It would be great if he followed the same trajectory as Caicedo but, let’s be honest, that’s not very likely.

For every one example of a young player who turns out PL quality despite underwhelming loans there would be dozens of counter-examples who never amount to much.
That's because loans very rarely take into account different learning styles, some will respond to going down into the lower leagues and thriving, others need to stay around/be around the high performance environment in order to thrive. It is a high risk strategy but one that usually produces high reward and at worst, it means you have a young sellable asset on your hands if it doesn't work out.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's because loans very rarely take into account different learning styles, some will respond to going down into the lower leagues and thriving, others need to stay around/be around the high performance environment in order to thrive. It is a high risk strategy but one that usually produces high reward and at worst, it means you have a young sellable asset on your hands if it doesn't work out.
I’m not dissing the whole concept of loans and I do understand that talented players can have loans that don’t work out for all sorts of reasons. But at the moment the idea that Mejbri has any chance of playing for Manchester United next season (or ever) has to be based more on hope than expectation. Completely different scenario to Diallo. Even Garner looked much more likely at this point in his career.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I agree.

But the lad has come off a good loan move playing in a team that didn't even attempt to play football. He adapted well when the likes of Garner floundered on their first loan move.

I'm not even sure if he will want to stick around with the news coming out that he may look to move away permanently. But if he does stick around then he does potentially have attributes like ball carrying and playing on the half turn which none of the other first team central midfielders have.

And on top of that he's quick, tenacious for a central midfield player with a high work rate naturally. And that may or may not be enough, but I'd like to see players with Hannibal's skillset be given a chance rather than what we've seen in the past with the likes of Mctominay or even paying £50m for the privilege of seeing Fred partner him.

ThanksBoss26

I agree.

But the lad has come off a good loan move playing in a team that didn't even attempt to play football. He adapted well when the likes of Garner floundered on their first loan move.

I'm not even sure if he will want to stick around with the news coming out that he may look to move away permanently. But if he does stick around then he does potentially have attributes like ball carrying and playing on the half turn which none of the other first team central midfielders have.

And on top of that he's quick, tenacious for a central midfield player with a high work rate naturally. And that may or may not be enough, but I'd like to see players with Hannibal's skillset be given a chance rather than what we've seen in the past with the likes of Mctominay or even paying £50m for the privilege of seeing Fred partner him.
I read that myself. If it is Dortmund who were linked recently you could see that may be of interest to him. Whether it be there or elsewhere wouldn't shock me if he moved permanently this summer now he's got a taste of first team football.

Status
Not open for further replies.