Hannibal Mejbri image 46

Hannibal Mejbri Tunisia flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

He’s always looked like a Jack Grealish sort of player. So will end playing the same position he does.
I agree he has a lot of the same attributes and he seems to draw a lot of fouls. But I think he might have a physical advantage over Grealish with more aggression.

I know it’s probably not realistic but I like him at no8. The way he carries the ball at pace through the midfield is good. Needs to learn to harness his aggression and still so much to learn but very exciting talent.

Water Melon

It could be a wise decision from him. Needs to get regular game time to develop and see what he can get at United. The club on their side get to see how he develops. I guess he will extend next season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It could be a wise decision from him. Needs to get regular game time to develop and see what he can get at United. The club on their side get to see how he develops. I guess he will extend next season.
Hopefully it doesn't backfire on us though. I'd rather give him minutes than nothing players like VDB. Then again, it's probably not in his interest to play that little.

amolbhatia50k

He has a deal till 2025, so we're pretty good then on this one. We can bring him back next year and give him chances (should he do well).

city-puma

He needs playing and finds a position and role first. Championship is brutal and is a great playground to learn and develop. Hope it a successful experience for him.

amolbhatia50k

I agree he has a lot of the same attributes and he seems to draw a lot of fouls. But I think he might have a physical advantage over Grealish with more aggression.

I know it’s probably not realistic but I like him at no8. The way he carries the ball at pace through the midfield is good. Needs to learn to harness his aggression and still so much to learn but very exciting talent.
I hope he works hard to develop himself as a CM / 8 too. He doesn't have the pace for a wide forward but has all the technical excellence you need from a midfielder. He should try to emulate David Silva or Modric (different players I know) depending on how good he can be defensively.

klayton88

Im happy it's only a loan deal. I'm convinced he is a big part of our future.

Alemar

Do we have any Birmingham fans or locals here? What are the thoughts on his loan, where will he play?

Glorio

What a coup for Birmingham - suspect it had a lot to do with the city.

Really brilliant player who I hope gets plenty of game time in midfield

CM10

Birmingham only interested in signing players with big hair

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What a coup for Birmingham - suspect it had a lot to do with the city.

Really brilliant player who I hope gets plenty of game time in midfield
I think it's because of John Eustace the manager of Birmingham that he's gone there. Eustace is a young up and coming manager with very forward thinking ideas when it comes to strategy and tactics. He was previously at Kidderminster and successfully implemented a possession play-style at the club and Kidderminster were hence known as Barcelona of the national league due to their style of play.

At Birmingham the start hasn't been good and they've lost their last 3 games. He's trying to get them to play out from the back and there seems to be teething problems.

Last edited:

avgp_1

Will be a challenge for him, playing in a side that'll be in a relegation fight most probably. Hope he can adapt to the league, fair players have done well recently.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's interesting that he's been handed the #6 shirt. And that could mean he's utilised in a deeper role in the build up phase before advancing with the transition. So it'll be interesting to follow his development at Birmingham.

Glorio

Birmingham have got themselves a new temporary fan in me just like Rangers did last season :lol:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's interesting that he's been handed the #6 shirt. And that could mean he's utilised in a deeper role in the build up phase before advancing with the transition. So it'll be interesting to follow his development at Birmingham.

Surely can’t read much into a shirt number? Although good to see him get one of the main ones, I guess. Be brilliant if he establishes himself as a regular starter.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Surely can’t read much into a shirt number? Although good to see him get one of the main ones, I guess. Be brilliant if he establishes himself as a regular starter.
I personally would find it a weird to see a number #6 not involved in the deeper build up phase. It's a role he was being developed in at Monaco before we bought him and started utilising him as a #10.

I'm hoping he's utilised as a deeper lying playmaker who is given the freedom to roam next to a positionally disciplined midfielder, who would provide a defensive structure in the event of a counter.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I personally would find it a weird to see a number #6 not involved in the deeper build up phase. It's a role he was being developed in at Monaco before we bought him and started utilising him as a #10.

I'm hoping he's utilised as a deeper lying playmaker who is given the freedom to roam next to a positionally disciplined midfielder, who would provide a defensive structure in the event of a counter.
100% with you there.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

I know what you mean about #6 as a role. I just think shirt numbers are all over the place these days. I mean, look at our #6!

Highfather_24

Yeah it was annoying to see ETH persisting with playing him as a false 9 or on the wing. He is a midfielder, that much is clear.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I know what you mean about #6 as a role. I just think shirt numbers are all over the place these days. I mean, look at our #6!
I mean #6 for a CB isn't uncommon, some of the most iconic defenders like Pallister, Stam, Terry for England or even Rio (briefly) wore it

jeepers

If the shirt number means anything, I hope he gets plenty of games, does well in a deeper role and shows his qualities at Birmingham.

Highfather_24

Seems like Birmingham play a 3-5-2, and I think he will slot in as one of the #8s in that midfield. Thankfully he wont be played as a winger/striker.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah it was annoying to see ETH persisting with playing him as a false 9 or on the wing. He is a midfielder, that much is clear.
That was purely to get him on the pitch for pre season, not that he actually thinks that's where he should play

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I feel as though this might be a redundant question, but I'll ask anyway: what is Birmingham's midfield like? Are there players there that Mejbri will be able to interact with or has he been sent on a Roy Of The Rovers/ Robbo mission there?

He needs people to play off who have the competence to give and receive the ball, and actually move into space to be available again - will he get anything of the sort there?

Obviously his temperament being sorted out is paramount, but how much does a loan there benefit him in terms of playing cohesive football? If that's not on the table, is he just expected to do everything by himself to be determined a success?

You'd think he'll be able to dictate their game at that level, but I do wonder how feasible that is if he's in the middle of a technically poor midfield.

Even with taking on board what @Adnan said, how come we didn't find him a complementary side? As I'm assuming Birmingham do not play slick football at the best if times.

phelans shorts

I feel as though this might be a redundant question, but I'll ask anyway: what is Birmingham's midfield like? Are there players there that Mejbri will be able to interact with or has he been sent on a Roy Of The Rovers/ Robbo mission there?

He needs people to play off who have the competence to give and receive the ball, and actually move into space to be available again - will he get anything of the sort there?

Obviously his temperament being sorted out is paramount, but how much does a loan there benefit him in terms of playing cohesive football? If that's not on the table, is he just expected to do everything by himself to be determined a success?

You'd think he'll be able to dictate their game at that level, but I do wonder how feasible that is if he's in the middle of a technically poor midfield.

Even with taking on board what @Adnan said, how come we didn't find him a complementary side? As I'm assuming Birmingham do not play slick football at the best if times.
They’ve been trying since the new manager came in, but it hasn’t clicked yet. Which is probably as close as you get to our situation at the moment as you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.