Hannibal Mejbri | Birmingham Loan Watch

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
A bit disappointed he has ended up on loan in the championship. I thought he was good enough to have breakthrough season here. Maybe I overrated him. I just hope he gets to play every week.

Tarrou

perfect level for him now in my opinion, doubt he end up playing much if we loaned him to a prem club

if he can get 30 games under his belt it would be brilliant

captaincantona

Eustace was McClarens assistant manager at QPR and played under him for a bit too so the must be a decent relationship there and if it works we might see more players heading that way.

aside from that, Not sure what type of football they will play but I’m not sure the Championship is a place for Hannibal to develop. Don’t think that league automatically improves every player…some, like Hannibal imo, don’t need toughening up…he needs better players around him consistently to make the most of his positioning and passing:..receiving the ball in between the lines and getting turned.

think it will just turn out to be a dogfight for him in most championship games.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Intrigued by this, I’m probably over rating him but I think he can be one of the best players in that league if he finds himself a regular position. Anybody know what kind of formation Birmingham usually play with and where they’d expect him to fit in?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
A bit disappointed he has ended up on loan in the championship. I thought he was good enough to have breakthrough season here. Maybe I overrated him. I just hope he gets to play every week.
I rate him quite highly, but I think he needs to get accustomed to men's football. The couple of times he's come on for United, he's put himself about a bit, which is not a bad thing, but he needs to learn to be a little more subtle.
The talent is there, let's hope when he returns next summer he's a more rounded footballer, and vying for more first team action.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Eustace was McClarens assistant manager at QPR and played under him for a bit too so the must be a decent relationship there and if it works we might see more players heading that way.

aside from that, Not sure what type of football they will play but I’m not sure the Championship is a place for Hannibal to develop. Don’t think that league automatically improves every player…some, like Hannibal imo, don’t need toughening up…he needs better players around him consistently to make the most of his positioning and passing:..receiving the ball in between the lines and getting turned.

think it will just turn out to be a dogfight for him in most championship games.
I hate the immediate reaction that every young player should go get a loan in the Championship tbh. Especially technical players.

Crickus

Hopefully has a good season like Garner did last year

captaincantona

I hate the immediate reaction that every young player should go get a loan in the Championship tbh. Especially technical players.
Yeah my point exactly. Feel his fiery side was what we have seen most of in his first team cameos. Watched him extensively in the youths since he joined and the kid has loads in his locker beyond that. Not sure the Championship will give him a chance to develop that side of his game more.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
His temperament is a huge issue and obstacle for him, more so than his talent, so he's got to get that sorted and out of his system, which you'd think the Championship will be eager to iron out.

Otherwise he's going to be targeted non-stop to either get sent off or have his game unsettled.

phelans shorts

Think he needs that more than most. He needs to learn to control himself when he’s getting kicked, we know he’s good on the ball, that won’t hold him back.

Sending him somewhere he can do fancy flicks and take all the time in the world won’t help him improve on his biggest flaw.

Trequarista10

Go on lad.

Has a very high ceiling in terms of potential in my opinion, but also has a lot of work to do in the meantime to fulfill that potential.

Hoping he can control his temperament, influence games and rack up a decent tally of goals and assists.

foolsgold

Why? The championship is a great league with very high skill levels. The general standard is probably higher than places like the Dutch Eredivise or the Portugesse Primeria League

Money has made the premier league is such a high standard that the ability for young players to go straight from youth to professional top flight football is impossible for all but the rarest of generational talents.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Never seen a worse transfer reveal

Cringe doesn't begin to cut it

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I reckon he gets sent off at least once in his first 10 games. I do have high hopes for him though, hopefully he can curtail some of his aggression into other forms

captaincantona

Think he needs that more than most. He needs to learn to control himself when he’s getting kicked, we know he’s good on the ball, that won’t hold him back.

Sending him somewhere he can do fancy flicks and take all the time in the world won’t help him improve on his biggest flaw.
I don’t see his temper as being a huge issue. Nothing a few sending offs in some senior games won’t fix. His temper is actually not as bad as his tendency to wind up the opposition and get dragged into niggly tussles for no reason. Actually reminds me of Suarez in terms of attitude. Has pluses and minuses.

I’m concerned that all we will see is similar to what we see in the Tunisia games . Lack of quality around him and so he doesn’t develop his movement, link play, his touch in tight areas and his vision…all of the things he has shown to date in the youths. I just think he would develop better as a starter in Belgium or Holland or France…if he had of stayed with Monaco he would be in their first team by now…I have no doubt.

Banana Republic

At this point at the start of his senior career, Hannibal needs a decent amount of game time and he won't get it in our first team PL matches.
So this move can only be beneficial, if he's used properly by BC.
I had a feeling pre-season that he might be loaned or even sold.
However, it's always possible a loan is used to boost his sale value

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm not really a fan of this move but ten Hag doesn't seem to trust him as of right now. Hopefully he returns back next season with a much-needed experience — he'll probably get a red card or two but I can't see him not becoming one of the best players of 22/23 Championship season.

Dread Devil

I haven’t got a clue how Birmingham play, but reading the connection to McClaren seems a little encouraging….

Mejbri is an exciting player and getting 30-40 games under his belt will do him the world of good…. compared to 3 or 4 mins at the end of a league game or a half in a league cup game playing with other players he hasn’t played with or who aren’t bothered will be much more beneficial for his development..

I imagine Ten Hag and McClaren will be watching him closely but I don’t think Ten Hag sees this year as a time to develop youth but more as a stabilizing year for the club, the players and their confidence.

Hopefully Mejbri fulfills and excels his potential and comes back a player ready for action….

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Odds on him receiving at least two red cards this season? Extremely short fuse combined with the "welcome to the Championship son" leg-breaking tackles from wannabe tough guys will be an intriguing combination.

SATA

I thought we should be sending Amad on loan there too. Both Hannibal and him will have a good time together playing in that league week in week out

Santos J

Apparently we want 5m for a permanent deal but the cheapskates don't want to fork that out. He was brilliant for them before the injury.
There's no chance they could pay anywhere near £5m, more likely to be £500k.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's on the bench for the game against Norwich, which kicks off at 7:45pm tonight.

captaincantona

He's subbed on with about half an hour to play.

Looks like Norwich equalised 3 minutes after he came on…hope he wasn’t at fault…difficult to find your way back from a bad start to a loan.