Hannibal Mejbri | Birmingham Loan Watch

Alemar

Did he play well, created chances? They lost but maybe he was playing well nonetheless

captaincantona

They were winning 1-0…he came on and they lose 2-1. Will be interested to see the highlights but I think we can go out on a limb and say he didn’t have the ideal start.

jesperjaap

Yeah my point exactly. Feel his fiery side was what we have seen most of in his first team cameos. Watched him extensively in the youths since he joined and the kid has loads in his locker beyond that. Not sure the Championship will give him a chance to develop that side of his game more.
Dont get these comments, he has literally played about 10mins in two games for us. Firats game touched the ball about twice and showed good technique, second game came on in an embarrassing performance and showed a lot of passion, wrongly yes, probably would have seen red with longer but christ the way the team were playing it was still good to see someone one showing passion.

Ive not watched him extensively but the technique seems to warrant the excitement, agree a lot more to come from him. Personally, he has gone to a side looks like relegation candidates, not sure its a great loan and dont agree players should go down to the championship on loan to these kind of clubs.....I still think even with Casemeiro and Eriksen....with the other midfield options and likelyhood no other signings are going to be made, still think there coulo dhav ebeen opportunities for him, guess Ten Hag didnt....but weve been here before with Garner who was really hyped and loaned out a lot and now probably has no future...I think Hannibal has far more potential and ability, hope he does well on loan but I still feel he offered a breakthrough this season, potentially a big one too here

TheRedHearted

Dont get these comments, he has literally played about 10mins in two games for us. Firats game touched the ball about twice and showed good technique, second game came on in an embarrassing performance and showed a lot of passion, wrongly yes, probably would have seen red with longer but christ the way the team were playing it was still good to see someone one showing passion.

Ive not watched him extensively but the technique seems to warrant the excitement, agree a lot more to come from him. Personally, he has gone to a side looks like relegation candidates, not sure its a great loan and dont agree players should go down to the championship on loan to these kind of clubs.....I still think even with Casemeiro and Eriksen....with the other midfield options and likelyhood no other signings are going to be made, still think there coulo dhav ebeen opportunities for him, guess Ten Hag didnt....but weve been here before with Garner who was really hyped and loaned out a lot and now probably has no future...I think Hannibal has far more potential and ability, hope he does well on loan but I still feel he offered a breakthrough this season, potentially a big one too here
Yeah the highlights of his “amazing game” was some simple touches and passes (a lot backwards if I remember correctly. Weird reaction

captaincantona

I know right. No idea of what happened in the game but yeah Hannibal is to be blamed.
Read the bleeding post…no one said he played bad or should be blamed or otherwise…if a team is winning and then you come on and the team loses…it’s obviously not been an ideal debut has it?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Read the bleeding post…no one said he played bad or should be blamed or otherwise…if a team is winning and then you come on and the team loses…it’s obviously not been an ideal debut has it?
Tbf he could have played like prime Messi but if the defence mess up and let in 2 goals, that doesn't stop him having a good game.

It's just a bit reactionary.

Irrational.

It’s nothing to do with Hannibal but our luck with loans is so shockingly shit it wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t give him a start for a while. We seem to loan to knee jerk clubs. I think the only loan deal that’s semi worked out is Henderson.

I’ve been disappointed by shitty clubs that hog promising players and don’t play them many times: from Rossi-Newcastle to Januzaj-BvB :mad:

avgp_1

If we go by results to judge his performances this season then it'll be a hard one. There is a reason Birmingham are one of the favorites to go down, their team is not good enough ( too young and inexperienced). A loss to Norwich isnt terrible

captaincantona

Tbf he could have played like prime Messi but if the defence mess up and let in 2 goals, that doesn't stop him having a good game.

It's just a bit reactionary.
No it isn’t…if he came on and they suddenly came back and won 2-1 I would have said “sounds like the ideal start for him” and equally it could have had fuk all to do with him…but who cares…it’s a speculative non judgemental or analytical or critical comment…

It’s a passive comment - on a football forum…that people are misinterpreting completely and for what reason, god knows.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
According to what I've read on the Birmingham fans forum, Hannibal was one of the positives in the defeat to Norwich. And the Birmingham fans are wanting the manager to change formation to a back 4 for the next game.

Eriku

If that’s really what you meant then you did a shit job of phrasing it. You say it tentatively as if it needs confirming, which is completely redundant if you’re only talking about a loss not being an ideal start.

Not buying it. I think you meant to imply that he’d likely had a poor debut, individually.

captaincantona

If that’s really what you meant then you did a shit job of phrasing it. You say it tentatively as if it needs confirming, which is completely redundant if you’re only talking about a loss not being an ideal start.

Not buying it. I think you meant to imply that he’d likely had a poor debut, individually.
Then you have too much time on your hands…”not buying it”? Get a grip…I made a comment about him not having an ideal debut when they lost 2-1 straight after he came on! Couldn’t get a more reasonable viewpoint. Go find something else to be wound up about.

Eriku

Then you have too much time on your hands…”not buying it”? Get a grip…I made a comment about him not having an ideal debut when they lost 2-1 straight after he came on! Couldn’t get a more reasonable viewpoint. Go find something else to be wound up about.
You seem way more wound up, mate. I’m free to have an opinion on your lame attempt at walking back a stupid comment, and it certainly didn’t take much time.

Next time have a think before posting reactionary nonsense based on feck all :)

El-Manos

It’s nothing to do with Hannibal but our luck with loans is so shockingly shit it wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t give him a start for a while. We seem to loan to knee jerk clubs. I think the only loan deal that’s semi worked out is Henderson.

I’ve been disappointed by shitty clubs that hog promising players and don’t play them many times: from Rossi-Newcastle to Januzaj-BvB :mad:
Garner

Idxomer

On the bench against Preston, Fernandez isn't playing either.

Chong is starting.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Hannibal came on with 5 minutes to go when Birmingham were holding on to a lead, and he applied pressured well, took the ball into the corner flag and should've had a assist. So it was a eventful last 5 to 10 minutes for him in a game Birmingham won.

Fernandez was subbed on at the 60 minute mark for Preston.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Hannibal came on with 5 minutes to go when Birmingham were holding on to a lead, and he applied pressured well, took the ball into the corner flag and should've had a assist. So it was a eventful last 5 to 10 minutes for him in a game Birmingham won.

Thanks man. Appreciate it. Hope they will use him for much longer. He needs that

ThanksBoss26

Hopefully both break into their sides soon.

Glorio

Hopefully both break into their sides soon.
This. Hannibal's had 2 cameos now, hopefully he starts pushing for starts. If it's not clear already, I think that boy is quality.

Sunderland plays Monday I believe. Hopefully we'll see Amad in action

avgp_1

This is looking like a trend with Preston. Hope this is not something like the Griezmann clause with Atleti.. in terms of playing time obligations

pascell

This is looking like a trend with Preston. Hope this is not something like the Griezmann clause with Atleti.. in terms of playing time obligations
It's because they also signed Brady who's the more experienced player, until he has a poor game then he'll stay in the side I'd imagine. There's also a lot of games to play in the league for Preston too, I'm sure he'll get plenty of games though as he's done well when he's played.

Demaw

Going to enjoy hearing how these guys go in their loans. Thanks boys!!!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Birmingham have been winning games so it's understandable they'd want to carry on with a unchanged team.

Hannibal came on with 22 minutes left to play and was lively. He was fouled after he went on a nice dribble which resulted in yellow for the Coventry player. And then near the end of the game, Hannibal made a good recovery tackle on the Coventry player which resulted in the Coventry player lashing out in retaliation towards Hannibal, which in-turn resulted in red for the Coventry player.

It was a decent cameo and Hannibal showed both quality on the ball and tenaciousness, which will hopefully see him starting games before long.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Birmingham have been winning games so it's understandable they'd want to carry on with a unchanged team.

Hannibal came on with 22 minutes left to play and was lively. He was fouled after he went on a nice dribble which resulted in yellow for the Coventry player. And then near the end of the game, Hannibal made a good recovery tackle on the Coventry player which resulted in the Coventry player lashing out in retaliation towards Hannibal, which in-turn resulted in red for the Coventry player.

It was a decent cameo and Hannibal showed both quality on the ball and tenaciousness, which will hopefully see him starting games before long.
didn’t react either? that’s good. People say he’s too hot headed but shows he can keep it together

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We can't do even loan moves right. We always manage to send a player to club where he is substitute