Hannibal Mejbri | Birmingham Loan Watch

Adnan

Talent Spotter
No United loanee should be handed a starting role. They must earn the right to be included in the first 11. So far the loan move for Hannibal has been productive and I've watched all his appearances thus far and he's done a decent job of giving the manager a selection head ache. But he has to keep this up and I'm sure he'll get chances to start games before long.

It's a long season in the Championship and many games to navigate.

Judas

Open to offers
We can't do even loan moves right. We always manage to send a player to club where he is substitute
Have you watched him? He's being handled really well so far, played well too. I fully expect he'll end up being a starter eventually for them with how things have gone so far. The Championship season is so long too.

Lost bear

Birmingham have been winning games so it's understandable they'd want to carry on with a unchanged team.

Hannibal came on with 22 minutes left to play and was lively. He was fouled after he went on a nice dribble which resulted in yellow for the Coventry player. And then near the end of the game, Hannibal made a good recovery tackle on the Coventry player which resulted in the Coventry player lashing out in retaliation towards Hannibal, which in-turn resulted in red for the Coventry player.

It was a decent cameo and Hannibal showed both quality on the ball and tenaciousness, which will hopefully see him starting games before long.
That's good news. I rate Hannibal, personally.

izec

26 minutes at the start of the Championship season is still better than lumbing around in the United reserves.

Demaw

He is going to be good, just a bit more time and experience.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Done well after starting today - his set piece led to 2nd goal

Chong looking surprisingly good too!

Glorio

Brilliant news! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Was looking at the Birmingham result and found out he started. Considering they have been winless for 3 games, and the first game he starts, they maul Bristol, I hope it means he'll become a regular soon enough.

Won 4 fouls and conceded 4 too! :lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Brilliant news! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Was looking at the Birmingham result and found out he started. Considering they have been winless for 3 games, and the first game he starts, they maul Bristol, I hope it means he'll become a regular soon enough.

Won 4 fouls and conceded 4 too! :lol:
Man of the match on his full debut according to some of the Birmingham fans.

Bondi77

Just read a report on the game and he received a good review but he was about fifth or sixth in the player rankings and the American player Trusty was the stand out for the Blues. It is good that he has now started a game and put in a good effort so hopefully he can push on with the Blues and get a starting spot for the World Cup.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Just read a report on the game and he received a good review but he was about fifth or sixth in the player rankings and the American player Trusty was the stand out for the Blues. It is good that he has now started a game and put in a good effort so hopefully he can push on with the Blues and get a starting spot for the World Cup.
Trusty is a CB and scored a couple of goals, so just for scoring a couple he was going to catch the imagination.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Those ratings are from one person who works for the Birmingham mail, and like I said in my previous post, it's perfectly reasonable and fair to give MOTM to the CB who scored a couple of goals. But there was Birmingham fans who attended the game and felt Hannibal was the best player on the pitch at 11:10 of the video below.

The comments section also seems pretty excited about Hannibal's performance. I didn't watch the game myself but he's made his full debut and made a positive impression at the very least it seems, and that can only be a good thing.

Bondi77

Those ratings are from one person who works for the Birmingham mail, and like I said in my previous post, it's perfectly reasonable and fair to give MOTM to the CB who scored a couple of goals. But there was Birmingham fans who attended the game and felt Hannibal was the best player on the pitch at 11:10 of the video below.

The comments section also seems pretty excited about Hannibal's performance. I didn't watch the game myself but he's made his full debut and made a positive impression at the very least it seems, and that can only be a good thing.

I agree that it is good he has started a game and played well by all accounts so that bodes well for the season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I started watching the Birmingham game once the United game had finished. And Hannibal played 85 minutes and was possibly MOTM. His use of the ball was good and his stamina levels are really high and he's like a pressing machine in midfield for Birmingham City. There was glimpses of his footwork at times and his delivery from crosses and set pieces was good. He's doing very well thus far.

avgp_1

I started watching the Birmingham game once the United game had finished. And Hannibal played 85 minutes and was possibly MOTM. His use of the ball was good and his stamina levels are really high and he's like a pressing machine in midfield for Birmingham City. There was glimpses of his footwork at times and his delivery from crosses and set pieces was good. He's doing very well thus far.
That's great to hear. They've won the last 2 games he has started. What his position?

Idxomer

Was he playing in the middle or leaning more towards one of the wings?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Thanks for that. Always nice to hear from people who actually watched the game, instead of determining how well someone's played by stats.
I'm hopeful that a full season in the Championship, and Hannibal will become part of our first team squad next season, albeit he will have to get used to Premiership football, which I think he will.
So far so good.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That's great to hear. They've won the last 2 games he has started. What his position?
Was he playing in the middle or leaning more towards one of the wings?
He was playing in midfield like a #8 but was roaming from the defensive third all the way upto the attacking third. I think the game right now requires the creative midfielder to be that deep-roaming midfielder and also have the tenacity and intensity to be a factor off the ball. And Hannibal's work rate has been top notch off the ball and his use of the ball has also been very good.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Glad he’s doing well just let’s keep our expectation under control and let the guy breathe. James garner was amazing in the championship and he’s sitting on the Everton bench a lot so far

lenny_1248

Great to hear. Long may it continue.
Hopefully, he will start at the World Cup as well.

davidmichael

He was playing in midfield like a #8 but was roaming from the defensive third all the way upto the attacking third. I think the game right now requires the creative midfielder to be that deep-roaming midfielder and also have the tenacity and intensity to be a factor off the ball. And Hannibal's work rate has been top notch off the ball and his use of the ball has also been very good.
Was he playing the same kind of role that Eriksen has been playing for us this season so far ? I used to say that he reminded me a lot of how Modric has played over the past few years.

Idxomer

Good to know, he has also put in a lot of tackles according to the stats.

Raven

Good to hear he's been able to showcase some of his talents early on his loan, let's hope he keep improving.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Was he playing the same kind of role that Eriksen has been playing for us this season so far ? I used to say that he reminded me a lot of how Modric has played over the past few years.
you can say he's playing a similar role to Eriksen but not to the same extent due to the ball players Birmingham have at their disposal for their level in the Championship. So they aren't as reliant on one player in the defensive and middle thirds of the pitch, which helps with the build up play. They have a Polish player (Bielik) who plays as the positionally disciplined midfielder for them and he's also a very capable player on the ball, and at 24/25 years of age, he really helps Hannibal who is the #6/#8 and Chong who was the attacking midfielder in the game. So you've got a midfield 3 of a DM, deep roaming playmaker and a attacking midfielder who are all expected to contribute in all phases of play. And from what I've seen so far in the Championship, it's a very fast and physical league.

Modric is a good comparison stylistically and Modric himself was loaned out by Dinamo Zagreb to first a Bosnian club, and then a Croatian club, before he broke through at Dinamo two years after being loaned out.