Hannibal Mejbri | Joined the club subject to FIFA approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This strategy is the way to go and seems like the club are definitely on the right track. Cherki, Mejbri, Emeran, Shoretire and Forson would potentially be a great team in the making.
Always sounds good in theory, but imagine them all being 18/19 here. They will basically be competing with each other for scraps.

I’d love us to have all, but integrating 5 18 year old forwards into the first team at the same time seems highly unlikely.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Always sounds good in theory, but imagine them all being 18/19 here. They will basically be competing with each other for scraps.

I’d love us to have all, but integrating 5 18 year old forwards into the first team at the same time seems highly unlikely.
The class of 2022..:drool:

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Speaking of French prospects, the one I could see us try to go for is Lucien Agoume.
Similarly to Pogba back in the days he is a highly rated teenager who happens to not play for a Ligue 1 club and therefore he is very likely to be sold to a 1st division club in the near future.
He is from the 2002 generation and already has Ligue 2 experience.

He's been compared to Pogba a lot although I'll admit I haven't seen much of him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Speaking of French prospects, the one I could see us try to go for is Lucien Agoume.
Similarly to Pogba back in the days he is a highly rated teenager who happens to not play for a Ligue 1 club and therefore he is very likely to be sold to a 1st division club in the near future.
He is from the 2002 generation and already has Ligue 2 experience.

He's been compared to Pogba a lot although I'll admit I haven't seen much of him.
Looks a carbon copy of Pogba from the vids on YouTube.

Based Adnan

There were reports years ago, we hired one of the best French scouts to an identity young player with world-class like Pogba in France. As far as we have been linked with Noam Emeran, Rayan Cherki and Hannibal Mejbri, they are all considered as the best talents in France especially Cherki.

Noam Emeran joined us last winter. Mejbri keens on move to us as soon as the court battle settled. Not sure about Cherki but hope we can convince him to join us.
Nice to see someone at the club is doing their job well

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Nice to see someone at the club is doing their job well
Most scouts would know about them players. It seems like the club have adopted a aggressive strategy now in bringing in the cream of the crop at youth level.

Maybe that itk from reddit is correct in saying that Nicky Butt has a big budget to bring in the best young players around the world.

Infestissumam

it's a good sign for sure. If there's one person in Uniteds structural clusterfeck that I trust, it's Nicky Butt.

In Rainbows

Well at that point in time, Greenwood would be 20, Rashford 24/25, and Martial 26/27. Chong will probably be gone or a squad player. It's possible 1 or 2 can make it from that group of Shoretire, Cherki,and Emeran.

I think the midfield group will be harder to break into. Forson and Mejbri will be potentially competing with Gomes, Garner, Levitt, and Puigmal.

In Rainbows

I wasn't a fan of Butt initially because there was this indoor tournament where he acted unprofessional. Apologies if my memory got the best of me.

I turned into a fan when he said this about Gomes
“Angel has got the ability to play pretty much anywhere. He's a footballer so everyone automatically thinks he's an attacker but we like him in the pivot role to set up play and get the ball moving. He keeps possession and, in European football, keeping the ball is massive. If you don't keep possession in the middle of the park, it's going to be a struggle.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Except for the fact it took him about 8 months to find Sbragia and seems to thinks 2 years straight of dogshit is acceptable. Butt has done good stuff but at the same time as absolutely ruined the u23s and fecking up players' development.

hubbuh

I wasn't a fan of Butt initially because there was this indoor tournament where he acted unprofessional. Apologies if my memory got the best of me.

I turned into a fan when he said this about Gomes
What was the indoor tournament incident out of curiosity?

In Rainbows

What was the indoor tournament incident out of curiosity?
If I remember right, he had our players stop playing for a long time in order to see us through. It was pretty embarrassing and poor use of the kids time in the tournament.

In Rainbows

Here's what Rayan Cherki is capable of. I watched his other performances and this one was probably his best. He's #23 in the video.

Mylock

Looks a carbon copy of Pogba from the vids on YouTube.
I would agree with you a 100%, watched him playing for France in the u17's and was very impressed. Looks a serious talent. These are the type of players we should be buying. Cheap with alot of potential and can be moled in 1st team players.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I would agree with you a 100%, watched him playing for France in the u17's and was very impressed. Looks a serious talent. These are the type of players we should be buying. Cheap with alot of potential and can be moled in 1st team players.
Easy to say. Pogba needed a loan to Italy to become the player he is. These scraps that the kids get here won’t cut it. It’s very hard to break through at a big club, never mind the 7 or 8 (if we add all these Frenchmen) that people want to see in the team.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Here's what Rayan Cherki is capable of. I watched his other performances and this one was probably his best. He's #23 in the video.
This is probably a better video as the one you posted is the entire match, over an hour.

Shows the ability he has. I perhaps expected a little more considering what some have said about him, but then I remember he’s 15 there playing U19 football, and it really is impressive. Especially how he handles himself physically.

In Rainbows

This is probably a better video as the one you posted is the entire match, over an hour.

Shows the ability he has. I perhaps expected a little more considering what some have said about him, but then I remember he’s 15 there playing U19 football, and it really is impressive. Especially how he handles himself physically.

Good looking out. Yeah, he does a good job of dragging the ball back to him in tight spaces to keep it away from defenders. Also protects the ball with his body while doing that skill.

Who is Cherki? Isn't this thread about Mejbri?
We're rumored with both French youngsters. Cherki is the more highly rated of the two.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Where are we on these two lads? Is it just the rumour mill cranking up as usual or is there really mileage in it?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Where are we on these two lads? Is it just the rumour mill cranking up as usual or is there really mileage in it?
we are definitely in for Hannibal, we tried in January. Cherki is a new one, but seems like it might have a bit of legs. If he’s as talented as we’re led to believe, I think we’ll have a battle to get him away from Lyon.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
we are definitely in for Hannibal, we tried in January. Cherki is a new one, but seems like it might have a bit of legs. If he’s as talented as we’re led to believe, I think we’ll have a battle to get him away from Lyon.
That’s my reservation;Lyon don’t have to sell and if they do, it’ll be for big money
Cherki is more talented isn’t he?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Hannibal definitely wants out but it comes down to the legal issues of his contract and those details being worked out. There is no future at Monaco for him though.

I'd say Cherki is a bit more unlikely. He is basically the highest rated player in the world in his age group so no doubt we are interested but then every club in the world will also be interested and Lyon will be making huge promises as well.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Mejbri is very likely to come here, wants out and we've been the only club linked with him as far as I know.
Cherki It's impossible to tell yet as he could very well sign his contract for Lyon, if he leaves though we've got as much of a chance as anyone I guess, link says his clan visited our youth facilities

@Inigo Montoya Yes he is more talented, that's the kind of goals he is used to score

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We've held a meeting to sign Cherki but so has Zidane apparantly. On Mejbri, we seem to be the favourites to get him.
Well, that's great then. Zidane is football royalty for these French kids.

Good to hear about the other one.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Doesn't seem to have that exceptional acceleration but the technical quality looks terrific. More of a 10 or second striker than a forward?

jb8521

There were reports years ago, we hired one of the best French scouts to an identity young player with world-class like Pogba in France. As far as we have been linked with Noam Emeran, Rayan Cherki and Hannibal Mejbri, they are all considered as the best talents in France especially Cherki.

Noam Emeran joined us last winter. Mejbri keens on move to us as soon as the court battle settled. Not sure about Cherki but hope we can convince him to join us.
Yeah we brought in Mathieu Seckinger as our main academy scout in France. He's very good.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's busy winning silverware with us already. The #10 in the vid.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.