Hannibal Mejbri | Joined the club subject to FIFA approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb8521

The number 9 is called Tundae and is a brilliant little player from what I've heard from someone that was watching the tournament.
Yeah Tundae Shoretire, he won player of the tournament

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This from L'equipe wasn't posted here on the 3rd of June which is quite interesting. The committee will give their verdict on the 23rd of June.

The link to the L'equipe article is in the tweeters thread.

Suvvernmanc

Damn. Does this means they can bench him indefinitely or demand a huge fee from us?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
The family probably wants the sign on fee instead of Monaco receiving the 4 million Utd offered. Makes sense. Who would say no to that?

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I hope whoever signs him next gets a huge fine and lengthy transfer ban. This illegal tampering of underage foreign players is disgusting.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How did Monaco somehow sign a 15 year old to a 3 year contract in the first place.
They didn't, he currently has an apprenticeship contract(from 13 to 16 years old) but the irregularities is that he allegedly agreed to sign with Monaco when he turns 16 by private deed. The first contract is inforceable while the second isn't, it's not official and illegal from the LFP standpoint.

wurzel-red

I hope whoever signs him next gets a huge fine and lengthy transfer ban. This illegal tampering of underage foreign players is disgusting.
What do you mean? It seems the problems existed between the club and the player/players family anyway. It’s clearly not something that can be resolved at this point.

If he has legitimate and legal ground to terminate his contract, why shouldn’t he be able to find another club? And why shouldn’t other clubs try to get him?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
They didn't, he currently has an apprenticeship contract(from 13 to 16 years old) but the irregularities is that he allegedly agreed to sign with Monaco when he turns 16 by private deed. The first contract is inforceable while the second isn't, it's not official and illegal from the LFP standpoint.
I'm guessing it's because it's like saying "you're too young to sign a professional contract, but just sign this contract now to say you'll sign the other contact when you're legally old enough". He's probably too you young to be legally bound by this contract.

JPRouve

Scout
I'm guessing it's because it's like saying "you're too young to sign a professional contract, but just sign this contract now to say you'll sign the other contact when you're legally old enough". He's probably too you young to be legally bound by this contract.
Sorry, I don't understand your post. Neither contracts are professional.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't understand hownthe first can't be legally binding but the second is. Anyway, I hope we just agree to.pay Monaco a fee if he signs for us.

JPRouve

Scout
O don't understand hownthe first can't be legally binding but the second is. Anyway, I hope we just agree to.pay Monaco a fee if he signs for us.
Because the contract wasn't officially presented to the LFP. Also there are several type of contracts. Pre formation is between 13-16, aspirant between 16-18 and stagiaire between 18-20 for all of them the club and player have obligations.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
What do you mean? It seems the problems existed between the club and the player/players family anyway. It’s clearly not something that can be resolved at this point.

If he has legitimate and legal ground to terminate his contract, why shouldn’t he be able to find another club? And why shouldn’t other clubs try to get him?
At this point the termination of his contract is illegal as has been confirmed by the relevant French committee. There is no legal ground for him to sign elsewhere.

He may have personal trouble with Monaco but the interference of other clubs (and probably agents) is obvious.

wurzel-red

At this point the termination of his contract is illegal as has been confirmed by the relevant French committee. There is no legal ground for him to sign elsewhere.

He may have personal trouble with Monaco but the interference of other clubs (and probably agents) is obvious.
Well if he doesn’t legally terminate the contract, I wouldn’t expect him to move clubs without compensation for the Monaco.

I’m leaning more in the opposite direction and feeling more for the player. Is it fair to have him kept at a club when relations have gone toxic?

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Well if he doesn’t legally terminate the contract, I wouldn’t expect him to move clubs without compensation for the Monaco.

I’m leaning more in the opposite direction and feeling more for the player. Is it fair to have him kept at a club when relations have gone toxic?
I think you have to look at his entourage and toxic orbiters for relations going sour.

I agree the worst case would be Hannibal being punished himself and getting a FIFA worldwide ban. That's often what adult pros get + big fine when they unilaterally break contracts.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Because the contract wasn't officially presented to the LFP. Also there are several type of contracts. Pre formation is between 13-16, aspirant between 16-18 and stagiaire between 18-20 for all of them the club and player have obligations.
Thanks.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It always seems to be contrivance legally complicated when we sign kids from France. There were issues with Pogba at Le Harve, Traore at PSG and now seemingly similar issues with Hannibal.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
A PSG fan complaining about things wrong in football? My gosh.

wurzel-red

I think you have to look at his entourage and toxic orbiters for relations going sour.

I agree the worst case would be Hannibal being punished himself and getting a FIFA worldwide ban. That's often what adult pros get + big fine when they unilaterally break contracts.
You

you clearly have more knowledge on this than I do. I heard his mum was complaining about serious breach of contract by the club or something along those lines. Is there something else going on that I’m not privy to? I know what your saying though and in general, the whole structure of international youth scouting is corrupt.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You

you clearly have more knowledge on this than I do. I heard his mum was complaining about serious breach of contract by the club or something along those lines. Is there something else going on that I’m not privy to? I know what your saying though and in general, the whole structure of international youth scouting is corrupt.
I think he's speculating, I doubt he has any inside knowledge on why they want to cancel their contract.
It always seems to be contrivance legally complicated when we sign kids from France. There were issues with Pogba at Le Harve, Traore at PSG and now seemingly similar issues with Hannibal.
I didn't think Traore came from PSG, we signed him from his local club after he'd left PSG the previous window or something along those lines.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think he's speculating, I doubt he has any inside knowledge on why they want to cancel their contract.

I didn't think Traore came from PSG, we signed him from his local club after he'd left PSG the previous window or something along those lines.[/QUOTE]

I recall a situation where there was a standoff with him and PSG and he was given a bit of a Rabiot treatment by them I think. Maybe not a legal dispute as such, but certainly unsavoury.

JPRouve

Scout
@Rozay He wasn't given a Rabiot treatment, he was playing and appreciated by the club. No one really know what happened, probably something, but he allegedly contacted clubs because he wasn't satisfied with PSG and that's how United went after him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
@Rozay He wasn't given a Rabiot treatment, he was playing and appreciated by the club. No one really know what happened, probably something, but he allegedly contacted clubs because he wasn't satisfied with PSG and that's how United went after him.
Thank you for the info. And I meant after he was contacted by United, he was ostracised at PSG when it became clear he wanted to join United if I recall correctly?

JPRouve

Scout
Thank you for the info. And I meant after he was contacted by United, he was ostracised at PSG when it became clear he wanted to join United if I recall correctly?
As far as I know, he went back to Sarcelles and joined United at 16, he hasn't been ostracized. If you want a better example it would be Ferland Mendy or Moussa Dembélé who also left PSG around the same age, the issue with PSG is that they have too much actual talent and some young players intially think that they are going to easily break into the youth teams which is very difficult at clubs like PSG, Lyon or even Monaco, so some simply leave for smaller but still very good academies like Le Havre.

SATA

Not sure how accurate but i have read that this boy has better potential to be better than Pogba at his age. I'm really intrigued to see how he gets on if we can sign him. Perhaps some French posters can guide us on this

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Not as funny as Utd fans complaining about money in football.
United had a sugar daddy to buy titles for them? Or have owners who take millions off them?

Interesting insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.