Hannibal Mejbri | Joined the club subject to FIFA approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah, it's pretty strange to be taking the piss with this. Surely resentment from first team recruiting seeping into every crevice.

More than anything, this is where I want to see us ultra competitive. Of course I'd like to see those big players we're linked with for the first team arrive, badly. But if we're thinking long-term and having a vision to change back to a winning culture, signing the top youth prospects and building teams from our academy is exactly what we should be striving for.

My biggest hopes for Solskjaer is for him to guide youngsters, improve them and trust in them.

Pearson

Supposed be a huge talent and €10m is alot of money for a 16 year old. But it will be enjoyable watching the likes of Mejbri, Hoogewerf, Forson, Shoretire, Emeran, Mejia etc in the coming seasons.
I heard that United are still working on bringing in Rayan Cherki from Lyon as well. He is the best in his age group. A lot of talents for next season to watch. If this guy really worth 10m, he probably will stick into U-23 directly?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I heard that United are still working on bringing in Rayan Cherki from Lyon as well. He is the best in his age group. A lot of talents for next season to watch. If this guy really worth 10m, he probably will stick into U-23 directly?
Cherki has signed a new long term contract with Lyon so won't be moving anywhere soon.

I can see Mejbri playing in the u23 team next season at some point if he progresses like we all hope.

Alemar

Can we use this guy as back up to McTominay this season? We need some cover

Tarrou

he's got a world class name and world class hair already

good start

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So is he one of the 2 signings we are working on all this summer? :drool:

Seven Seas Sardines

Quite possibly the worst YouTube compilations ever. 90% overhit passes and and wasted set pieces, 10% tap-ins and getting fouled. He must be doing his worst for the cameras if he's worth 10m.

OleGunnar20

Great to see us competing for the top prospects. As others have said, can't tell much from his highlights yet really, will have to wait and see (if this does go through).

I do hope the bad blood thing is waffle though. It'd be a shame to sour the waters with a team like Monaco over a 16-year old.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
10 million for a 16 year old who will probably join our U18s, that's some deal. Shows how highly club rates him.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

You won't find out much about him through youtube, he is too young to play in an age class where games are broadcasted on a regular basis.
These comps are often made out of games from short tournaments which are broadcasted (because U17 league games sure as hell aren't)
I also don't know if he'll be thrown in with the reserve immediatly, he still hasn't played in U19 yet, going from U17 to Reserve can be a bit rough.

In any case I don't understand why some people complain about kids being signed, this has nothing to do with the 1st team and doesn't impact others transfers negatively whatsoever

Adnan

Talent Spotter
A nice run at 2:05 of the vid playing for the French youth team. The footage at the start where he gets fouled and is wearing the #10 is from when he was 12 or 13 playing for FC Paris before he moved to Monaco in 2016.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
With that hair, I suspect it's Fellaini in disguise trying to get back into the club :nono::lol:
Seriously, never heard of the guy until today

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This club likes their talent with as wild hair as possible.

That being said, I am super happy about this signing! He's an extremely interesting talent who has a chance at really becoming something noteworthy. Again the club is showing intent when they want to bring youth in an develop them.

stepic

Messi had his debut at 16, hasn’t he? I don’t mean to play him a lot, just here and there
when has a 16 year old ever gone straight into the first team squad for United? you are talking some proper nonsense.

Mugiwarared71

Yeah, I'm thinking it might go as high as 40m based on his talent level. This guy isn't just another youth signing. It would be a serious statement signing, of the Vinicius Jnr, Mbappe, O. Dembele level.

if that is the case would be our first signing of this ilk since Ronaldo not counting martial yet needs to up his consistency level.

Ekeke

More like the original Pogba signing imo. We signed him as the captain of the French youth team.

In terms of style the clips make him look like a Modric style player

Status
Not open for further replies.