Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

captaincantona

If Donny can’t get a look in then what chance has Hannibal? Considering by we paid so much for him and the position he plays, I don’t think he could have done much more to warrant some time in the first team. But while we are in transition, it is hard to see Ole taking that chance.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Too much is made of his "spiky" behaviour. Are people forgetting two of the clubs biggest cult heroes (Eric and Keane) were absolute firebrands and did way worse on the field than Hannibal. Hannibal is young and will iron that stuff out when he has to deal with the conseqence of a dressing room of seniors having a go at him.

I can remember the same things being said of Pogba back in his underage days. He probably just needs a challenge.
Pogba went from not being impressive in reserve to Juve first team.

MDFC Manager

Too much is made of his "spiky" behaviour. Are people forgetting two of the clubs biggest cult heroes (Eric and Keane) were absolute firebrands and did way worse on the field than Hannibal. Hannibal is young and will iron that stuff out when he has to deal with the conseqence of a dressing room of seniors having a go at him.

I can remember the same things being said of Pogba back in his underage days. He probably just needs a challenge.
He'll also almost certainly improve his behavior when he gets the correct protection from referees.

captaincantona

Pique went from decent centre half knocking on the door to Barca and Spain...Sancho went from skilful prospect to one of Europe’s elite forwards...Camavinga has been playing first team football for 2 years and has just signed for Real. Vinicius, Fati... If the talent and temperament is there...get them into the first team ASAP but our squad is bloated already. I would rank Hannibal up there with the best I have seen in the academy the last 20 years and it’s his attitude - that grit and the fact that the more he gets kicked the harder he seems to try...that’s what stands out most. Mark my words, if he doesn’t get a game here soon...his agent will have him gone somewhere else for free with a big paycheque to boot.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
The Athletic article on Hannibal is from Carl Anka. Not much in there really. Carl doesn’t know what’s on about and comes up with lots of contrived “angles” on things.

bosskeano

i read an article where they spoke about grooming him to replace Pogba if he leaves and play that similar type of role either as a CM or LW.

city-puma

Me too. You were right about Elanga. It's exciting to see him getting game time. He's in the squad tonight and I think we might see him at some point.
Right, hope Elanga get more than half hour to play today and grab a goal! There should be five substitutes in European games, right?

Bojan Djordjic

Yeah, that was my point. At this stage its probably like when the gifted kid at school begins to slide because they're not engaging with more challenging subjects and are bored.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
i read an article where they spoke about grooming him to replace Pogba if he leaves and play that similar type of role either as a CM or LW.
I think it's from the piece in The Athletic where it's stated that the club are lining up Mejbri to replace Pogba in midfield in the event he does leave. The Mirror have run with the story citing the original source.

The African Cup of nations starts in January 2022 and Hannibal will likely be part of the Tunisia squad who will be in group F along with Mali, Mauritania, Gambia.

So it'll be interesting to see how involved he is for his NT. Amad Diallo will also likely be there with the Ivory Coast. So it should be a interesting tournament to follow from a United perspective.

snk123

For all of Ole’s qualities and experience in youth teams - he’s probably one of our worst managers when it comes to giving unknown youth prospects a chance.

Sometimes I miss that sex masochist LVG

Jaykespeare88

The Athletic article on Hannibal is from Carl Anka. Not much in there really. Carl doesn’t know what’s on about and comes up with lots of contrived “angles” on things.
He asks some weird questions in pressers, I think he asked Ole what his tactics were going to be in one game, ile shut him down in a funny way I remember. One things I will say though, is at least doesn't ask the same contrived question as the other bunch and at least tries to glean more info out of managers.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
For all of Ole’s qualities and experience in youth teams - he’s probably one of our worst managers when it comes to giving unknown youth prospects a chance.

Sometimes I miss that sex masochist LVG
His record in bringing players through suggests that's not the case.

Secondly, there is no such thing as an 'unknown' youth prospect. Anyone following the youth and reserve teams will know about them. Ole regularly brings these players into the first team for training sessions.

Mickson

His record in bringing players through suggests that's not the case.

Secondly, there is no such thing as an 'unknown' youth prospect. Anyone following the youth and reserve teams will know about them. Ole regularly brings these players into the first team for training sessions.
His "record" is saved by giving like ten players their debut against Astana. Two years ago. Other than that, he's not even mediocre. Pep and Klopp give more youth players a chance. In the last 1-2 seasons he has barely played anyone, regardless of the magnitude of the game.