Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

Adamsk7

Within the space of a few months he’s already proven too good for the U18’s and now possibly our U21’s too! I think he’s a hell of a player. Has the time on the ball that only the very best seem to have.

Sea-Cow

He appears to be brilliant and I am trying to not get my hopes up.

But.... was that a foul on his assist? I am pretty sure I would complain if that was not given against United.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Feck me we've got some incredible young players at the club right now. Easily most excited I have been about any crop since infamous class of 92.

First team woes won't last too much longer if we keep doing what we're doing with these young lads. Could have a hell of a team on our hands in a few years with a bit of luck.

Lynty

He appears to be brilliant and I am trying to not get my hopes up.

But.... was that a foul on his assist? I am pretty sure I would complain if that was not given against United.
Got the ball before the man I think.

Robbo*

Feck me we've got some incredible young players at the club right now. Easily most excited I have been about any crop since infamous class of 92.

First team woes won't last too much longer if we keep doing what we're doing with these young lads. Could have a hell of a team on our hands in a few years with a bit of luck.
Absolutely. Thinking ahead we could have Henderson, Laird, Williams, Tuanzebe, Garner, Gomes, Hannibal and Greenwood in the first team squad next season. Am I missing anyone?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Absolutely. Thinking ahead we could have Henderson, Laird, Williams, Tuanzebe, Garner, Gomes, Hannibal and Greenwood in the first team squad next season. Am I missing anyone?
Levitt maybe. But it looks good doesn't it!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Rashford is still only 22 incredibly too. He's a baby.

Thiagoal

I think he’s quite a way off being physically ready (2 years at least) but oh my, this boy oozes class!

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

Yes. It is something I think a few fans miss and why I've been patient with Ole this season. Last window was decent in terms of the few signings we did make, but the lack of ins and outs basically told me this season was a write off, it has been. I've tried to judge only on development and change in the team from last year, and to me we're doing quite ok at the moment. Enough to be exited about the future. Obviously we can't put all our eggs in one basket with youth players, we do need reinforcements, both ins and outs, but I feel if there ever was the right time to hire possibly the 'wrong manager' it is now, because we all know he wont suddenly stop giving chances to players like Mejbri for a weird reason. He'll give them the tools to develop, working closely with Butt and to me it feels good to be able to trust the ones handling our talents.

Makes it a lot more interesting to follow the U21's and U18's too knowing you might be watching the next Rashford, or Neville as we did recently with Greenwood and Williams. I haven't watched youth this season but I want to follow Mejbri from here on out, seems special.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yes. It is something I think a few fans miss and why I've been patient with Ole this season. Last window was decent in terms of the few signings we did make, but the lack of ins and outs basically told me this season was a write off, it has been. I've tried to judge only on development and change in the team from last year, and to me we're doing quite ok at the moment. Enough to be exited about the future. Obviously we can't put all our eggs in one basket with youth players, we do need reinforcements, both ins and outs, but I feel if there ever was the right time to hire possibly the 'wrong manager' it is now, because we all know he wont suddenly stop giving chances to players like Mejbri for a weird reason. He'll give them the tools to develop, working closely with Butt and to me it feels good to be able to trust the ones handling our talents.

Makes it a lot more interesting to follow the U21's and U18's too knowing you might be watching the next Rashford, or Neville as we did recently with Greenwood and Williams. I haven't watched youth this season but I want to follow Mejbri from here on out, seems special.

Same here.

That's why we need to be patient. Tired of the knee-jerking after every loss or even a draw.

We are building something here. None of the short term patchwork stuff of the past few years. Its actually very logical what Ole is doing structurally -- and will seem more obvious as time goes on.

The results can be inconsistent but that's the risk you take as long as Woodward & team understands what Ole is trying to build here.
And unlike many of the fans here -- Ole is doing something for the Club first. And not what the club can do for him first -- unlike how the whingy fans are seeing it. All that's ''standards'' and ''expectations of silverware now'' crap is all about making him/herself happy first enabled through our club.

The downhill slide happened under the previous regimes and were short-term bursts -- to help the manager's reputation and CV. And the fans loved it as it made them feel better. But in actuality, it was hollowing out the club's future.

Ole's taking a beating today so that we have a strategy, stability and ironically consistency in the next ten years when you know who you have in the pipeline today like an academy producing players like Mejbri on a consistent basis. This is what Ole means by saying that he knows the DNA of the club.

Tarrou

You can really tell the difference in the physicality when he's playing for the u23s, but he really holds his own there

Looks like a proper footballer doesn't he?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You can really tell the difference in the physicality when he's playing for the u23s, but he really holds his own there

Looks like a proper footballer doesn't he?
His tenacity is unbelievable.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The frustration is that in terms of profile, he is exactly the type of player we need in the first team right now, more than a new 10 in my opinion. A technical but hardworking 8 that can move around the pitch, circulating the ball and knitting the play together. Not necessarily there to give the last pass, but to support both the 6 and the 10 in equal measure.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The frustration is that in terms of profile, he is exactly the type of player we need in the first team right now, more than a new 10 in my opinion. A technical but hardworking 8 that can move around the pitch, circulating the ball and knitting the play together. Not necessarily there to give the last pass, but to support both the 6 and the 10 in equal measure.
He does go up and down the pitch efficiently

hungrywing

Same here.

That's why we need to be patient. Tired of the knee-jerking after every loss or even a draw.

We are building something here. None of the short term patchwork stuff of the past few years. Its actually very logical what Ole is doing structurally -- and will seem more obvious as time goes on.

The results can be inconsistent but that's the risk you take as long as Woodward & team understands what Ole is trying to build here.
And unlike many of the fans here -- Ole is doing something for the Club first. And not what the club can do for him first -- unlike how the whingy fans are seeing it. All that's ''standards'' and ''expectations of silverware now'' crap is all about making him/herself happy first enabled through our club.

The downhill slide happened under the previous regimes and were short-term bursts -- to help the manager's reputation and CV. And the fans loved it as it made them feel better. But in actuality, it was hollowing out the club's future.

Ole's taking a beating today so that we have a strategy, stability and ironically consistency in the next ten years when you know who you have in the pipeline today like an academy producing players like Mejbri on a consistent basis. This is what Ole means by saying that he knows the DNA of the club.
I agree as well. This buy went a considerable way towards keeping me from tipping over into Ole out. The Bellingham thing as well.

Locke Leiemand

Same here.

Good post. My thoughts exactly.

Marcelinho87

I still have faith in Chong going on to be a very good player. Won't be here unfortunately and we will be lamenting it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Was that Mellor who he put through in the first clip? Disappointing lack of pace there, he’s not a big lad so as a striker the minimum you hope in that scenario is that they can make a yard on the centre backs and force a challenge from behind.

meamth

So him and Hoogerwerf joined at the same period, but Mejbri developed at rapid rate.

Or maybe because Garner promoted to first team and Mejbri took his place in U23?

Lentwood

Same here.

100% agree. The problem is most fans think 'being patient' means two/three months.

Even some of the more sensible posters get caught saying things like 'we're 12 months in and no signs of progress'....we need to be thinking in terms of the next 3-5 years minimum right now

Bestietom

He is able to make space for himself and makes everything look easy. Real signs of a top class midfielder here.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
100% agree. The problem is most fans think 'being patient' means two/three months.

Even some of the more sensible posters get caught saying things like 'we're 12 months in and no signs of progress'....we need to be thinking in terms of the next 3-5 years minimum right now
Plus as I mentioned before, you really need to question fans who support the club so that they win the silverware and in return have that gold dust sprinkled on them to make them happy. They need the silverware to make them be happy personally and thus all that angst.
For me the critical requirements are that we play attractive football, promote the youth and we compete. Not necessarily that we win every year. Compete. The silverware is secondary.

Robbo*

I still have faith in Chong going on to be a very good player. Won't be here unfortunately and we will be lamenting it.
Yeah I'd left him out as I think he will leave. Guess Gomes may too but refusing to accept it just yet..

M16Red

So him and Hoogerwerf joined at the same period, but Mejbri developed at rapid rate.

Or maybe because Garner promoted to first team and Mejbri took his place in U23?
This lad is a 10, Garner players more of a CM role. Watched the Newcastle he was always asking for the ball

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He doesn’t seem a #10 at all to me
He's really talented, I feel it's too soon to label him definitively. He's most likely going to be a #8, but he seems to have everything to also be a #10 and maybe even a #6.

Nick7

He's really talented, I feel it's too soon to label him definitively. He's most likely going to be a #8, but he seems to have everything to also be a #10 and maybe even a #6.
Yeah he plays more like an attack minded centre midfielder from what I’ve seen.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Love him already. Tenacity + technical ability will make you an instant fan fave.

NWRed

For what it's worth I'd say Garner is a #6, Mejbri is a #8 and Gomes is a #10, although they're all capable of playing other roles and are still young yet.

mav_9me

Reminds me of Fabregas when he first started. Just looks totally comfortable.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Mejbri is just a bigger talent IMO.

He doesn’t seem a #10 at all to me
I personally think he will be an all action 8. He's got the aggression and work rate to play deeper in midfield, but he's got the calmness and agility required to play closer to goal.

I think with the way he turns quickly and ghosts past players with quick acceleration he will be a bit deeper.

Reminds me of Fabregas when he first started. Just looks totally comfortable.
Fabregas is a great comparison IMO, they play very similarly and have the that bit of aggression to go with their skill

Sea-Cow

Hoogerwerf is tiny, and maybe he was seen as more of a punt.

Mejbri is too good for the U18s I think and would gain nothing from playing against that competition. And because he looks more than capable of holding his own physically against the reserves, it must have been obvious to the coaches for him to advance.

I am excited to see the competition for CM spots in the next few years. They won't all make it at United of course, but it will be fun to follow their progression.

I love it on Twitter when I stumble on an update on Ben Pearson, for example, especially when the update is him getting sent off or something.

Utdstar01

Mejbri is just a bigger talent IMO.

I personally think he will be an all action 8. He's got the aggression and work rate to play deeper in midfield, but he's got the calmness and agility required to play closer to goal.

I think with the way he turns quickly and ghosts past players with quick acceleration he will be a bit deeper.

Fabregas is a great comparison IMO, they play very similarly and have the that bit of aggression to go with their skill
I think Mejbri will have more to his game though. Definitely more athletic than Fabregas ever has been and seems like he will been defensively more astute.

OldRed1

Same here.

Totally agree. Wish I could have put it so succinctly.