Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

jackal&hyde

I'm excited about Garner and Levitt but this kid i think it's the most talented mid we've had since Pogba. He's going to be a star if he keeps a cool head.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It gets forgotten that Milner made his debut at 16 for Leeds in the premier league. Was once the youngest goalscorer in the league and made a lot of appearances. So it is not just the superstars that come through at a young age.

You need to be physically developed to do well, regardless of talent. I think that is why Chong has struggled and Mjebri still looks a bit under developed for first team football. Even Greenwood who has done very well gets bullied a little.
That's the issue for Mejbri right now. You look at another kid like Camavinga, also 16 who is similar to Mejbri in some ways, but he gets regular play time because he is physically far more advanced.

In fairness, Mejbri does well against much older kids than him, but it's still very different from grown men. I would be shocked to see him play any games this season. I'm sure they're working on bulking him up, but it's a long process depending on your genes and body type. He has the talent and ability to contribute right now, but that will get negated by his lack of physical strength if you're playing in the middle of the park.

mav_9me

That's the issue for Mejbri right now. You look at another kid like Camavinga, also 16 who is similar to Mejbri in some ways, but he gets regular play time because he is physically far more advanced.

In fairness, Mejbri does well against much older kids than him, but it's still very different from grown men. I would be shocked to see him play any games this season. I'm sure they're working on bulking him up, but it's a long process depending on your genes and body type. He has the talent and ability to contribute right now, but that will get negated by his lack of physical strength if you're playing in the middle of the park.
I still feel we will see him with first team this season. Cuz I feel he is like Fabregas who was similar physically but was in first team from age of 16. Of course he just might have been so good it didn't matter and the same doesn't need to be true of Mejbri.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
A 21 year old version of him is the midfielder our team lacks the most. He’s an all-rounder, but a very high level one. Not one of the often traditional PL types of all round CMs, which typically means big engine, tough tackling and a captain’s armband, but so much more potentially.

He reminds me of a Saúl or Moutinho in terms of style.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
3 assists in 4 U-23 games. So technically correct. But a very low sample size, so no statistician in her right mind would claim this. 'Statman Dave' indeed!
It’s also posted about every week despite him not playing any new games in about a month. I don’t get why his stats always constantly being randomly posted when it’s not even like he’s played new matches.

khoazany

It’s also posted about every week despite him not playing any new games in about a month. I don’t get why his stats always constantly being randomly posted when it’s not even like he’s played new matches.
Tweets purely for engagement/impression count.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Mejbri hits back at Leeds fans after they called him ”sh*t Sideshow Bob”.

”Sideshow Bob I admit that there is a small resemblance. Good win tonight 1-0 vs Leeds in the FA Youth Cup, through to the next round "

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Mejbri hits back at Leeds fans after they called him ”sh*t Sideshow Bob”.

”Sideshow Bob I admit that there is a small resemblance. Good win tonight 1-0 vs Leeds in the FA Youth Cup, through to the next round "
Why did he post a picture of David Luiz?

mav_9me

Whats his best opportunity in the first 11 in a couple of years time? A #6 or 8?
From what I have seen so far I think he is a natural 8. Does everything. He appears to be the type of a player who will always be a fan fav whichever club he plays at. Loves to get stuck in from what I've seen. Especially makes him suited for England.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Whats his best opportunity in the first 11 in a couple of years time? A #6 or 8?
He could comfortably play as a #6 or #8 and has very high potential to become a controlling/dictating type of midfielder due to his passing/vision which looks to be of a very high calibre.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He could comfortably play as a #6 or #8 and has very high potential to become a controlling/dictating type of midfielder due to his passing/vision which looks to be of a very high calibre.
From what I have seen so far I think he is a natural 8. Does everything. He appears to be the type of a player who will always be a fan fav whichever club he plays at. Loves to get stuck in from what I've seen. Especially makes him suited for England.
Ready in another couple of years? Intro into the 1st team squad after another year with the U-23s after Pogs leaves? I can see him as a Carrick/McT combo = Bryan Robson player. Making runs, passes from deep.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ready in another couple of years? Intro into the 1st team squad after another year with the U-23s after Pogs leaves? I can see him as a Carrick/McT combo = Bryan Robson player. Making runs, passes from deep.
Maybe, he is 17 year old. I think most of it depends on how he can cope with physicality. You don't want to throw a fragile kid against men.

Saying that I would be very surprised if he doesn't make a debut next season.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Maybe, he is 17 year old. I think most of it depends on how he can cope with physicality. You don't want to throw a fragile kid against men.

Exciting foundations being shaped for the future.

adiou toure need to buck up his ideas .

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Exciting foundations being shaped for the future.

adiou toure need to buck up his ideas .
Yeah, maybe there is a good chance we might overrate our young players but when I watch them or read some articles on them I feel we have few excellent youngsters in the team. Going by historical evidence, chances of all of them making to first team are very slim.

Players like Laird, Mejbri, Garner, Mengi all looks class and this is excluding players like Greenwood, Williams who are already part of first team.

If every player develops as expected then we might end up with

Henderson
Tuanzebe
Mengi
Garner
Mejbri
Greenwood
Williams
Laird
Levitt

all part of first team with players.

Like with any young player you can't be sure until they play for first team and show how they can step up.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
hahaha yessss!
I’m on the Hannibal train since he arrived. He's the makings of a super player! This won’t be the last we've heard of him either way.

I wonder what extra lengths do clubs go through to get these top class young players when they spot them. If you were a great prospect would you rather join utd or Dortmund, RBS/L etc at the minute if money was no object? Do we just pay way more or promise to pay way more if you make it big? I understand we can supposedly match any club in the Disneyworld on wages if a player wants to join or stay and We do spend a lot of cash to be fair.

It must be crazy being 14/15 and knowing every club in Europe is after you and you’re basically going to be very well off whatever option you choose.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yeah, maybe there is a good chance we might overrate our young players but when I watch them or read some articles on them I feel we have few excellent youngsters in the team. Going by historical evidence, chances of all of them making to first team are very slim.

Players like Laird, Mejbri, Garner, Mengi all looks class and this is excluding players like Greenwood, Williams who are already part of first team.

Henderson
Tuanzebe
Mengi
Garner
Mejbri
Greenwood
Williams
Laird
Levitt

Like with any young player you can't be sure until they play for first team and show how they can step up.
Tuanzebe and Laird concern me though. I feel their injuries will restrict their progress

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm already worried that we won't be able to keep hold of him in the long run, he's that good. I seriously hope we can sort ourselves out over the next couple of years because we have got some cracking young players coming through and they deserve a good platform to ease them in to the first team when the time comes. And I don't think that will be long at all in Mejbri's case.

romufc

Is it me being naive, or should we have him on the bench on some games?

I know its a long shot but can we not have him on the bench in home games? If he is that talented, he should be knocking on the door? Camaviga, Elliot and the like at 16/17 seem to get first team football.

Just to see how he will react? maybe in March April when we have nothing to play for?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It gets forgotten that Milner made his debut at 16 for Leeds in the premier league. Was once the youngest goalscorer in the league and made a lot of appearances. So it is not just the superstars that come through at a young age.

You need to be physically developed to do well, regardless of talent. I think that is why Chong has struggled and Mjebri still looks a bit under developed for first team football. Even Greenwood who has done very well gets bullied a little.
Definitely, I'd also add McTominay apparently literally grew himself into contention for the first team. His skills were in place but a growth spurt gave him the stature to hold his own with men. I think the physicality of the league is overplayed at times, as in any foreign player who is looking for a move to the PL is written off as not being able to handle the style of the league (wet Tuesday in Stoke etc.), but it stands to reason that even extremely talented young players may struggle to produce their best if they're lacking both the stature and the experience of grown professionals.

Hannibal has time on his side so I'm not expecting him to be thrown in this year, though I'm very excited to see him develop.

Robbo*

Tuanzebe and Laird concern me though. I feel their injuries will restrict their progress
I agree - rather concerning on both counts, although they both have plenty of time. Hope at least one of them is available when they're called upon for a run of games. If Tuanzebe had stayed fit this season we wouldn't have seen Jones at all and he may even have been pushing Lindelöf to start some games.

DarkRed

Maybe he will first play in the EFL Trophy and then according to that it would be easier to decide if he is ready to debut, but yeah, he should be ready.

dutchred

I think he will go on the pre-season tour. Depending on how he does there will determine if he gets chances in the first team next season

The Irish Connection

Henderson
Tuanzebe
Mengi
Garner
Mejbri
Greenwood
Williams
Laird
Levitt

You never mentioned Hoogewerf. He looks a class player too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Is it me being naive, or should we have him on the bench on some games?

I know its a long shot but can we not have him on the bench in home games? If he is that talented, he should be knocking on the door? Camaviga, Elliot and the like at 16/17 seem to get first team football.

Just to see how he will react? maybe in March April when we have nothing to play for?
This sort of stuff really irks me. It’s like some are so obsessed with academy kids that they forget to focus on or support the first team. The most important thing is how soon we can give them a chance. Why would you say ‘when’ we have nothing to play for when we are still in a number of competitions and competing for 4th place?

Mejbri is obviously very highly regarded here, and he will get a chance when it serves all parties.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mejbri is class, but we all knew that.

The fact Leeds tried to A: man mark him off the pitch (failed) then B: tried to kick him off the pitch (failed) shows he isn't just some fancy dan who isn't up for the fight.

He's very aggressive and determined - along with the talent he has he's destined to have a great career.

Unlucky not to score against Leeds, keeper made a good save.

romufc

This sort of stuff really irks me. It’s like some are so obsessed with academy kids that they forget to focus on or support the first team. The most important thing is how soon we can give them a chance. Why would you say ‘when’ we have nothing to play for when we are still in a number of competitions and competing for 4th place?

Mejbri is obviously very highly regarded here, and he will get a chance when it serves all parties.

I will support the first team but when we have to play a CAM into CDM then I would rather see an academy player. a player in perreira who should not even get into the team as a CAM btw. Then yes because it is clear that there is no long term future for him in the starting line up, unless you want to be competing for 6th place every year.

If we have Mct, Pogba, Bruno, Fred, Matic fit then no I wouldn't expect him there.

Yes, as I said March, where we could be out the top 4 race with FA cup and EL left, so yes if we cannot get top 4 and in home matches if we play an academy player over Perreira or Lingard, I think most fans apart from you will be happy.