Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Cherki, Reyna, Camavinga, Reinier, Ansu Fati, Gravenberch, Xavi Simons to name a few.
Whether they will all end up better players obviously remains to be seen.
You must have caught a lot of PSGu18 to regularly watch Xavi Simons to say that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You must have caught a lot of PSGu18 to regularly watch Xavi Simons to say that.
He basically just named the only players U18 he actually knew.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We might nit pick about players but in general it's hard not to be incredibly proud of how the Youth teams have performed in the last couple of years. The crop of U18s who are now up in the U23s fills me with so much confidence going forward. 3 years ago there were only 2 or 3 lads to be excited about. Now we have at least 1 in every area who looks like he has something! Mejbri absolutely is one of them!
Yeah, the way our U23s played this season was joy to watch, especially at the start of the season with so many goals, almost every player looking like proper footballers. Most of them were 17-19 year old players too.

Agree with number of players to be excited about, hopefully they all will step and show how good they are.

This is true. Then misery when he refuses to sign his contract a few years down the line.

All jokes aside I hope he goes on and becomes a starter for us. Top midfielders are a rarity as we have found out in the post-Fergie years.

It’s sad when we look at a talent like Gomes seemingly ready to walk out for peanuts though. I’m always nervous about that now with any top youth prospect.
Hopefully he will make the preseason training, might get a cup game next season.

jb8521

I haven’t noticed us playing him as a 6.
The only game he's played anything like a 6 was against Villa u23s because we were already 4-0 down & down to 10 men & needed someone to get some kind of grip on the game

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He basically just named the only players U18 he actually knew.
Exactly. I thought this is how it works around here.

edit. Obviously haven't watched them 50 times each, but these are some players that impressed me when I have seen them, just like Mejbri has. It's just that he isn't the only very talented young player in the world, nothing more.

Nick7

I thought Simons wasn’t all that? Good for his age and all that. Wasn’t him leaving Barca another Mino special?

jb8521

I thought Simons wasn’t all that? Good for his age and all that. Wasn’t him leaving Barca another Mino special?
He's a good player but nowhere near the level of the hype he's received, I'd say there's at least 3 players from the Dutch 2003s alone who are at least level of not on a higher level than him in Regeer, Rensch & Unuvar

Nick7

He's a good player but nowhere near the level of the hype he's received, I'd say there's at least 3 players from the Dutch 2003s alone who are at least level of not on a higher level than him in Regeer, Rensch & Unuvar
That’s what I thought, thanks.

Stadjer

I believe that Barcelona also didnt think he was worth what he was asking. They saw him as a potential good player but not one of their 'crown jewels'. Not just a Raiola special.. although without Raiola Xavi (read : his parents or other parties involved) might have asked less.

MrBest

Is Hannibal better than Andreas already? I mean, i think i may better than Andreas ...

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He was really good at Spurs though but he totally lost it in the FA Cup Final and probably should have been sent off with some ridiculous challenges.
I think he went to Italy way too early in his career and had the injury problems early on which did not help.
He was superb at Rangers and he had his moments for England but I suppose whatever his experiences were early in his life made him the man he is today and that was a flawed genius who was just so unpredictable.
I blame Vinnie.

Tarrou

It's interesting we have been playing him in the number 6 role to try and have him work on his defending, but you can tell he will be an 8 or 10 down the line. Genuinely hope he can keep a decent attitude about him
I think he might end up as a 6 for us

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Next Big Thing: Hannibal Mejbri ‘takes the piss’ in training, likes a booking and looks well worth the millions Manchester United paid

Last edited:

ROFLUTION

Is Hannibal better than Andreas already? I mean, i think i may better than Andreas ...
Wow. Just wow. Can't believe we have talent like you wasting away at your keyboard! You could earn serious money, but yet you choose an honorable down to earth RedCafe membership.

JohnnyKills

Ravel could do things with the ball that Roy couldn't do even in his wildest imagination, he was Paul Gascoigne like in that with a minimum of effort he could make even the most talented midfielders look like muppets.
Yeah good comparison. Shame he pissed it all away.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Wow. Just wow. Can't believe we have talent like you wasting away at your keyboard! You could earn serious money, but yet you choose an honorable down to earth RedCafe membership.
A moniker like Mr Best, do you expect anything less?

ROFLUTION

Chill out. He’s joking.
Chill out. He’s joking.
Chill out. He's joking.
It's clearly a joke that LawCharltonBest considers limerickcitykid's post a joke. But limerickcitykid was only joking with JohnnyKills, who thought MrBest had told us all a joke, which is uncertain as his talent is no joke. Neither did JohnnyKills get the joke I was joking about. So please chill out, you jokers. Go watch the fecking Joker movie.

And Hannibal is a joker too

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Next Big Thing: Hannibal Mejbri ‘takes the piss’ in training, likes a booking and looks well worth the millions Manchester United paid

Seeing as we ‘need a DoF to stop Woodward from leading our recruitment and making all the football decisions‘ - was this one of his finds on his many scouting trips across the globe, or did his football people get this deal done?

Nick7

Seeing as we ‘need a DoF to stop Woodward from leading our recruitment and making all the football decisions‘ - was this one of his finds on his many scouting trips across the globe, or did his football people get this deal done?
Nicky Butt.

United58

Hopefully he will make the preseason training, might get a cup game next season.
He'll definitely make preseason, Greenwood went in 2018 when he was 16 and that was when Jose was in charge, players will be late back form Euros too so he'll get a couple of July runouts

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Our French scout whose name escapes me now followed the player for 3 years and built up a rapport with the players family to make the move possible and Woodward does deserve credit for how he revamped the scouting network.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Our French scout whose name escapes me now followed the player for 3 years and built up a rapport with the players family to make the move possible and Woodward does deserve credit for how he revamped the scouting network.
Funnily enough, I think his name is Poirot or something like that!

But yea, was just making the point as some will have you believe we have no football people at the club and Woodward is out compiling transfer lists on his own. Which of course is not the case.

jb8521

Mathieu Seckinger is the scout who brought in Emeran, Traore & Mejbri

The Red Thinker

This kid has the intangibles down pat. Strength, control, temperament and of course wonderful technique. He is a unique talent who will truly blossom with similarly intelligent players around him. He’s made for the first team. Next season, this boy will break into the first team. Feck Pogba.