Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
How was he completely awful? Did you even watch that game or you're running on narrative here? PSG had something close to 75% ball possession, he was man marked by 2 players, still had severals good dribbles and produced a pass that led to Terrier's goal.
Friendly reminder that at his age Mbappe was getting bullied by National 2 defenders, scoring only 2 goals in 10 games at that level.
I'm not overblowing anything, even in his game against Nantes he showcased more technical ability than Mbappe ever did, Mbappe doesn't break people ankles the way Cherki did that game, he's not two-footed and he sure as hell doesn't dictate the pace and way to play of his entire team, that's Neymar and Di Maria.
What has Mbappe done technique wise? What is this narrative you're re-writing here? Mbappe is not technically elite, he's not someone you'll ever compare to Hazard,Messi or Neymar who are the golden standart as far as technical attackers goes;

Again I challenge you to show me a single technically elite footballer being as clumsy on the ball as Mbappe was in that return leg against us, he literally tripped over the ball at some point and a meme video was made of his game because of how terrible he was all night.

Either YOU haven't watched much of Mbappe or we just don't have the same definition of what "technically elite" means.
Technically elite : Hazard,Neymar,Messi to me, not Mbappe who'd rank at least 5th behind Dembele,Griezmann,Fekir and Pogba amongst our 23 world cup winners when it comes to technique
Bolded part is the problem here. You keep arguing this limited definition of technique and disregard the other aspects that make up what technique actually is in football. As far as breaking ankles, this isn't basketball but there's plenty of clips of Mbappe breaking down players from stand still, short spaces, or at speed running into space, nutmegging through defenders, sombreros, whatever flashy technical thing you want to see, it's really not hard to find and it's been going on for a while. More importantly, he's a far better finisher with both feet than Dembele despite not being ambipedal as the latter. He's better at using his speed while dribbling without losing control of the ball, unlike Dembele far too often and Cherki doesn't have the speed of those two and is a baby in comparison. You're coming off like someone who's only watched his return game against United. If you have to ask what Mbappe has done technique-wise while blowing your load on Cherki, it's a joke to me at that point, I can't take it seriously. I think you're focusing too much on dribbling, and you're forgetting everything else that comes with football. I have no problems comparing Mbappe to Hazard, because they bring different aspects of technique. Not to mention, I thought Mbappe was the better player when France played Belgium, he showed more genius, he created twice as many chances, but I'm sure because Hazard had some success dribbling to end up with not much, you'll think he was the better player, and that's part of why we're not going to go anywhere in this debate.

Let me toss a friendly reminder as well, it doesn't matter what Mbappe was doing at his age, it's what he's doing now or has been doing since the age of 17-18. It has absolutely no bearing on whether Cherki succeeds or not, and I don't like to come off as if I don't rate Cherki, because I do, but that type of hyperbole overrating of what he's doing in youth competition as some kind of certainty of his success at the pro level is crazy when there's been plenty of super talents that ended up achieving close to nothing in the game, and definitely not what Mbappe's already done.

I don't feel like I'm the one re-writing the narrative here.

Mickson

Particularly MEN seems to be obsessed with Mejbri making the step up to the first team soon. Imo, he's not nearly ready for that. I think he's very up and down (actually better in the U23 so far) but has in no way dominated even an U18-game. He needs to do more and he will be better next season. His time will come, but for now, he's not ready.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mbappe techniqe has always been in question. Its why he plays from wide, away from the tight spaces.
Xavi called him a physical player, there's nothing wrong with that.
If Mbappe lacks technique so does Rashford.

I get the call of Lukaku having poor technique but Mbappe?! he has some of the quickest feet and skills in the game. Running at the speed he does it's not unusual to take a heavy touch here and there.

Thiagoal

Particularly MEN seems to be obsessed with Mejbri making the step up to the first team soon. Imo, he's not nearly ready for that. I think he's very up and down (actually better in the U23 so far) but has in no way dominated even an U18-game. He needs to do more and he will be better next season. His time will come, but for now, he's not ready.
Yeah, he’s come with a massive reputation (and cost) and will therefore receive far more hype than our other academy prospects. He’s extremely talented but has an awful lot to learn before he gets any minutes in the first team

romufc

Mbappe lacks technique? I've seen it all on RedCafe.
For fans who play fifa and see he is a speed merchant.

If only they watch him play.. I would show the poster the rabona goal he almost scored this season to show technique but it isnt worth it.

cyberman

If Mbappe lacks technique so does Rashford.

I get the call of Lukaku having poor technique but Mbappe?! he has some of the quickest feet and skills in the game. Running at the speed he does it's not unusual to take a heavy touch here and there.
I dont think Rashford has great technique. Its not an insult, theyre just so overwhelmingly fantastic in the way they play that you use it to your advantage.
If Mbappe has elite technique then KDB, Silva etc must be other wordley.

Adam-Utd

I dont think Rashford has great technique. Its not an insult, theyre just so overwhelmingly fantastic in the way they play that you use it to your advantage.
If Mbappe has elite technique then KDB, Silva etc must be other wordley.
There's a difference between saying they have POOR technique or world class.

Yes people like Silva, Kroos, Pogba have world class technique but they also play in a much different role.

Running/dribbling at speed makes you take heavier touches or slightly mistiming then, where as recieving the ball at a slow jog is MUCH easier to control.

What exactly would you describe as technique? I think it's quite a vague term that people can get confused with.

cyberman

Yes people like Silva, Kroos, Pogba have world class technique but they also play in a much different role.

Running/dribbling at speed makes you take heavier touches or slightly mistiming then, where as recieving the ball at a slow jog is MUCH easier to control.

What exactly would you describe as technique? I think it's quite a vague term that people can get confused with.
I don't think any forward at any top club really has poor technique but theres levels to it.
Its the close control, the ability to pick a pass under pressure, to unlock a defensive block with a bit of vision.
I'd catagorise Bernardo Silva as having great technique while Mbappe is a few notches below that.
Its the difference between a Pogba and a Gerrard, Lampard v KDB.
Its not a slight, there's things that physical players do that players who rely on pure technique can only dream of as well.
Lewandowski is an all time great but he couldnt do what Henry could. Theres that little bit of mastery that stands out

Adam-Utd

I don't think any forward at any top club really has poor technique but theres levels to it.
Its the close control, the ability to pick a pass under pressure, to unlock a defensive block with a bit of vision.
I'd catagorise Bernardo Silva as having great technique while Mbappe is a few notches below that.
Its the difference between a Pogba and a Gerrard, Lampard v KDB.
Its not a slight, there's things that physical players do that players who rely on pure technique can only dream of as well.
Lewandowski is an all time great but he couldnt do what Henry could. Theres that little bit of mastery that stands out
Fair enough.

I'd often describe technique as ball control (dribbling, first touch, how they hit the ball, skill) and I don't think Rashford or Mbappe lack either of those, but yes people like the Silva's have notoriously great close control, same with Mata.

One thing they have in common though is they're often doing things at a much slower tempo, I'm certain that if they played a more direct running style at speed they'd find it a lot harder.

youngrell

It's quite clear from this thread that everyone has a different idea of what technique is.

For me, it is the ability to flawlessly control the ball, be that first touch, passing or ball striking ability. Dribbling is quite low on the scale for me but of course you do not very good technique to be a good dribbler.

mancan92

Passing and keeping the ball close your feet are not the only ways to show technique. Those are only 2 of the range of different ways to show technique. Different positions require different techniques.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Can you guys keep the Mejbri talks for an other thread, please? :wenger:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
For fans who play fifa and see he is a speed merchant.

If only they watch him play.. I would show the poster the rabona goal he almost scored this season to show technique but it isnt worth it.
In video games yes He's quick as feck.

It's madness! one of the most talented young players in the last 10 years and a world cup winner but apparently does not have a good technique.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Bolded part is the problem here. You keep arguing this limited definition of technique and disregard the other aspects that make up what technique actually is in football. As far as breaking ankles, this isn't basketball but there's plenty of clips of Mbappe breaking down players from stand still, short spaces, or at speed running into space, nutmegging through defenders, sombreros, whatever flashy technical thing you want to see, it's really not hard to find and it's been going on for a while. More importantly, he's a far better finisher with both feet than Dembele despite not being ambipedal as the latter. He's better at using his speed while dribbling without losing control of the ball, unlike Dembele far too often and Cherki doesn't have the speed of those two and is a baby in comparison. You're coming off like someone who's only watched his return game against United. If you have to ask what Mbappe has done technique-wise while blowing your load on Cherki, it's a joke to me at that point, I can't take it seriously. I think you're focusing too much on dribbling, and you're forgetting everything else that comes with football. I have no problems comparing Mbappe to Hazard, because they bring different aspects of technique. Not to mention, I thought Mbappe was the better player when France played Belgium, he showed more genius, he created twice as many chances, but I'm sure because Hazard had some success dribbling to end up with not much, you'll think he was the better player, and that's part of why we're not going to go anywhere in this debate.

Let me toss a friendly reminder as well, it doesn't matter what Mbappe was doing at his age, it's what he's doing now or has been doing since the age of 17-18. It has absolutely no bearing on whether Cherki succeeds or not, and I don't like to come off as if I don't rate Cherki, because I do, but that type of hyperbole overrating of what he's doing in youth competition as some kind of certainty of his success at the pro level is crazy when there's been plenty of super talents that ended up achieving close to nothing in the game, and definitely not what Mbappe's already done.

I don't feel like I'm the one re-writing the narrative here.
I stopped reading when you said that Mbappe and Hazard are technically comparable and that he was better than Hazard when we played Belgium.
To me that's false and there is absolutely nothing Mbappe does better with the ball at his feet than Hazard.
No point discussing this any further, our definition is technique is clearly too different for any debate to be constructive.

BlahRules

Thought I was going to find out something interesting regarding Mejbri but all I am seeing is Mbappe and his technique.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So people suggest Mbappe has poor technique? What have I read here?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
No more Mbappe talks, this thread is horrendously off topic. Stick to talking about Mejbri or the next person talking about Mbappe will be threadbanned.

meamth

I think there are vast array of technique in football.

Passing technique,
First touch technique,
Dribbling technique,
Heading technique,
Shooting technique,
Body movement technique...

now, if you add flair to your technique (the fancy stuff, means you have have mastered the basics)
Mbappe maybe good at dribbling and first touch, but he might not be good at hitting the ball like Greenwood.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It seems like he's packed on some muscle and might have even grown a little since we last saw him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It seems like he's packed on some muscle and might have even grown a little since we last saw him.

Heaven knows when these guys will next kick a ball. Their development has really been screwed. Could be 6 or 7 months at least without a game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Really? My 11 year old son will be playing friendly matches from June 29th. Surely the academy games will be up and running soon? They must already be in training.
I’m sure they are back in training, but their season was cancelled in March with no resumption, and who knows when the new one will start for them? I doubt they’ll have a competitive match before September at the earliest.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’m sure they are back in training, but their season was cancelled in March with no resumption, and who knows when the new one will start for them? I doubt they’ll have a competitive match before September at the earliest.
Whether the league starts soon or not, I’m sure they’ll be playing friendlies very soon. Not a chance of them going “6 or 7 months at least without a game”.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Whether the league starts soon or not, I’m sure they’ll be playing friendlies very soon. Not a chance of them going “6 or 7 months at least without a game”.
Okay, 6 or 7 months without a competitive game then. And given the extensive protocols that seem to be required for senior professional games, protocols and costs that all below the Championship thought was too expensive and impractical for them - I’m not even that optimistic that they will go through the bother for friendlies between 16 year olds.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Okay, 6 or 7 months without a competitive game then. And given the extensive protocols that seem to be required for senior professional games, protocols and costs that all below the Championship thought was too expensive and impractical for them - I’m not even that optimistic that they will go through the bother for friendlies between 16 year olds.
As I said, my 11 year old son will play his first friendly match in just over a week’s time. If the costs and protocols to make this happen are acceptable to our local amateur club I suspect the premier league clubs will be able to make it happen too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
As I said, my 11 year old son will play his first friendly match in just over a week’s time. If the costs and protocols to make this happen are acceptable to our local amateur club I suspect the premier league clubs will be able to make it happen too.
Fair enough if that’s the case, especially if your son’s U12 footy follows the same level of protocol. Will your 11 year old be tested for covid twice a week as standard?

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Really? My 11 year old son will be playing friendly matches from June 29th. Surely the academy games will be up and running soon? They must already be in training.
I don't think they are back in training. That video of Mejbri working out is in Paris.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
My 11 yr old has been training for 3 weeks now. Gradually increased the number in each group. No tackling yet but no plans to play games yet.

Tested prior to each session

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Fair enough if that’s the case, especially if your son’s U12 footy follows the same level of protocol. Will your 11 year old be tested for covid twice a week as standard?
No he won’t because that isn’t “as standard”. Where did you get that idea?

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefac...rs-of-outdoor-football-facilities-lo-res.ashx

You seem to be confusing what was required for Premier League teams to start playing friendly matches several weeks ago with what will be required to start playing matches in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Picture taken in Tunisia where his parents come from.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is that not Matt Gaetz and his son?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I guess the silver lining in Bellingham choosing Dortmund is Mejbri and his hair will see some first team action next season.