Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

Mark Pawelek

You can go to youtube, get the transcript (in French). Go to Google translate. Translate it. But the result is ehhh!, indigestible. He could be using a lot of metaphor and simile. Lot's of family mentions too. Says "my objective is more impose myself on manchester". Also seems to be talking about Tunisia or France (could be in response to who will you play for?)

Devil81

Be interesting to see him play in that dead rubber match in the Europa league.

Having said that are the youth players on their summer break or are they back training?

Mickson

Be interesting to see him play in that dead rubber match in the Europa league.

Having said that are the youth players on their summer break or are they back training?
He can't play in that game and all the foreign players are on a summer break. He's not even in England.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Pfft, the guy that continues to cost Arsenal multiple points?! I worship the guy!

Compare the two, though. Hannibal's has got way more volume. For sheer volume alone he deserves our undying reverence.
He's Head And Shoulders above Luiz :lol:

Ballache

Supports
Martial
You can go to youtube, get the transcript (in French). Go to Google translate. Translate it. But the result is ehhh!, indigestible. He could be using a lot of metaphor and simile. Lot's of family mentions too. Says "my objective is more impose myself on manchester". Also seems to be talking about Tunisia or France (could be in response to who will you play for?)
He said that he hasn't made the decision yet.
His dad said (in Arabic) that it's his son's decision and that they will support whatever decision he makes. The father does say that he prefers Tunisia but won't force his son into anything. He said that he did his best to raise him with his Tunisian culture but Ultimately it's Hannibal's decision.

mav_9me

The reserves coach trying to control the hype. I was one of those predicting a first team appearance for him this season. But maybe not based on this or this is an attempt to keep him grounded.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
"I think what you need to remember is Hannibal is still a young lad, he is only 17," Wood told MEN Sport. "He's not long been here really, he is probably coming up to almost a first completed season if that.

"I think people get sucked into the price-tag, and again that is not Hannibal's fault. So I think he is a young player with potential, he is one of the young players we have got with potential, but there is still a lot of development and learning which needs to be put into him.

"We still need to get him to a higher level to get him to even go and train with the first-team, so there is no rush to start pushing him in that first-team environment right now.

"I think the challenge is going to be enough for him at U23s right now and we are going to push him and try to move him up as quick as we can, but at the same time we won't rush him if he's not ready to do that."

In Rainbows

I wouldn't say it's based on his price tag, but more so his performances for the u18 and u23.

Adamsk7

I wouldn't say it's based on his price tag, but more so his performances for the u18 and u23.
Yeah he’s dominated most of the games I’ve seen him in either age group so to say he’s not ready to at least train with the first team is a little wide of the mark IMO. He’s easily the most exciting prospect we have (if we now say Greenwood is a first team player).

In Rainbows

Maybe he can up his end product like Garner did or something. Still, for a midfielder who doesn't always play as a 10, I don't see it as a requirement.

Maybe some more performances in the youth league like how Greenwood did at age 16/17 before getting put into the first team environment. Mejbri's season was cut short after all.

Mickson

Yeah he’s dominated most of the games I’ve seen him in either age group so to say he’s not ready to at least train with the first team is a little wide of the mark IMO. He’s easily the most exciting prospect we have (if we now say Greenwood is a first team player).
That is just not true. He has not dominated most games at all, especially not on U18 level. I actually thought he was better in our U23, probably because the team is better managed. The hype is surreal, especially from MEN and Luckhurst (who probably never has seen him play). He's. Not. Ready.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He hasn’t really dominated anything. He’s put in nowhere near the performances people act like he has. We’ve had first years perform better in the past. Neil Wood is right.

In Rainbows

He hasn’t really dominated anything. He’s put in nowhere near the performances people act like he has. We’ve had first years perform better in the past. Neil Wood is right.
I disagree. He's been class. Great all arounder with great technique and awareness. Puts in a shift too. Although I'm not against him playing more for the youth teams (so agree with the clubs decision). Needs to play a little more u23 football as his season was cut short.

I feel like Hoogewerf is more fitting of your description. Came with a great reputation (after Gravenberch & Unuvar). He's been decent, but clearly needs more time in the youth sides and needs to prove a lot more. His goal scoring hasn't been at a level his reputation had, nor is his all around game as impressive as a Shoretire.

Shoretire really impressed for the u18s. I would say he's not far off playing for the u23s although I could see him sticking in the u18s like Gomes and Greenwood did despite doing really well too around the same age. Still needs to prove a lot more like they did.

That is just not true. He has not dominated most games at all, especially not on U18 level. I actually thought he was better in our U23, probably because the team is better managed. The hype is surreal, especially from MEN and Luckhurst (who probably never has seen him play). He's. Not. Ready.
That was more on the defense.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I disagree. He's been class. Great all arounder with great technique and awareness. Puts in a shift too. Although I'm not against him playing more for the youth teams (so agree with the clubs decision). Needs to play a little more u23 football as his season was cut short.

I feel like Hoogewerf is more fitting of your description. Came with a great reputation (after Gravenberch & Unuvar). He's been decent, but clearly needs more time in the youth sides and needs to prove a lot more. His goal scoring hasn't been at a level his reputation had, nor is his all around game as impressive as a Shoretire.

Shoretire really impressed for the u18s. I would say he's not far off playing for the u23s although I could see him sticking in the u18s like Gomes and Greenwood did despite doing really well too around the same age. Still needs to prove a lot more like they did.

That was more on the defense.
He hasn’t been class. He’s been good, very good. But he hasn’t been dominating at all. Angel dominated as a first year, Mason dominated as an u16. Mejbri hasn’t been at their level at all. He’s been nowhere near the ridiculous attention he gets.

Hoogewoorf has barely even been good at all, so he isn’t fitting. He’s been decent and hasn’t don’t anything to separate him from all the other decent players.

In Rainbows

Mejbri isn't the attacking player those two were so I'm not judging him by that standard. I was being a bit nice with Hoogewerf, so I wouldn't disagree with your take on him.

I don't feel like his praise is anything more than Gomes or Greenwood got. I would argue they got a little more. Especially Greenwood.

SAFMUTD

Mejbri isn't the attacking player those two were so I'm not judging him by that standard. I was being a bit nice with Hoogewerf, so I wouldn't disagree with your take on him.

I don't feel like his praise is anything more than Gomes or Greenwood got. I would argue they got a little more. Especially Greenwood.
Greenwood deserved to be fair, he broke every single youth league he played in.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I'm in agreement with you regarding Mejbri.

He's a player that makes things happen and opens up passing lanes that aren't seen by many other players. I for one have been very impressed by his displays in England thus far considering he came from France only last year and barely spoke English. His performance against Leeds in the FAYC was very impressive because he not only showed his class on the ball but he showed his class whilst being targeted by the Leeds players for some rough treatment which didn't phase him.

I expect him to go up a gear in the coming season because he'll be more settled with his surroundings generally and his team mates.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

SAFMUTD

His hair is like Pibe Valderrama's Im sold, his this lad the number 7.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Beautifully balanced, he makes the game look easy at times but he's gonna have to get on top of his temper as the higher he goes in the game more and more players are just gonna go out of their way and be more sneaky about it to get him at it just for their own entertainment - as daft as it sounds he could maybe benefit on that score by sparking somebody out at 18/23 level, take a serious ban to focus his mind to that issue.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Yep, mostly operated as a sort of False 9 today — not too involved in the build-ups with regard to incisive playmaking or helping monopolize possession, but grew into the game with some silky touches and gave a decent display of his tenacity and pressing ability vs. Championship level opposition...

BlahRules

Yep, mostly operated as a sort of False 9 today — not too involved in the build-ups with regard to incisive playmaking or helping monopolize possession, but grew into the game with some silky touches and gave a decent display of his tenacity and pressing ability vs. Championship level opposition...

Interesting formation. We played this against Everton and none of then players knew what they were doing.

Idxomer

He looks like a real talent but his best position doesn't seem to have been figured out yet.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Thanks. I've heard he's a tireless player. Do we think this will be his position for the U23 going forward?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Thanks. I've heard he's a tireless player. Do we think this will be his position for the U23 going forward?
Be a waste of his talent if it is. With Mellor out for the foreseeable we need to bring a 19/21 year old in who can lead the line and have Elanga and Mejbri alternating on the wings, or have Mejbri as the most advanced of a three in midfield.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I don't quite like him there or as a conventional #10, truth be told — just doesn't seem to be a naturally authoritative or inventive forward (for reference Elanga looks more commanding when he got into similar-ish zones in attack from wider areas). But maybe the coaches reckon he is not developed/mature enough to take a battering as a 2-way central midfielder week in and week out, especially in the English leagues — where the game is rougher than say La Liga or Primeira Liga or the Eredivisie, so they are protecting him by playing him further up the pitch in less clustered spaces...dunno?

Ace of Spades

He is best as an 8 and will likely play there most this season once Garner, Levitt and hopefully Galbraith all go on loan.

mu4c_20le

I think Ole was going to fast track him into the first team to play in Bruno's role before we signed him. He's definitely versatile and can play in several positions.

lenny_1248

We desperately need to bring in some decent player to be a number 9.
It's always usefull to be versatile, but at the same time playing him as a false number 9 or playing Elanga as a number 9 on a regular basis is just ridiculous.
It could hamper the development of a whole team.

Crashoutcassius

I don't think we will see him at senior level this season. Just doesn't look ready to me in any way. Has loads of time but to play CM at senior level takes a lot. Maybe a cameo in the wide spaces at some stage !

Crashoutcassius

We desperately need to bring in some decent player to be a number 9.
It's always usefull to be versatile, but at the same time playing him as a false number 9 or playing Elanga as a number 9 on a regular basis is just ridiculous.
It could hamper the development of a whole team.
This seems to constantly be an issue at u18 or u23 level at united. Even if the player is no great shakes we should have a 9 so that the team functions.

Yagami

Good post resistant
His qualities on the ball are brilliant, but his workrate and stamina are incredible, too. Like watching Rooney/Tevez/Park.

In Rainbows

He looks like a real talent but his best position doesn't seem to have been figured out yet.
To me it's clear he's best as a box to box midfielder. Understandable he didn't play there with 3 players his senior in Garner, Levitt, and Galbraith in midfield.