Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

Bestietom

He’s got a way to go. Be patient. He could be a star or go the way of loads of talented players and have a good career in less high profile league and team.
Yes I understand all this. I have seen many going down the wrong track. We just have to hope.

Bestietom

Paul Gascoigne ... Or ... Adnan Januzaj... Which one do you have in mind
I actually watched Fosu Mensah when he was with Youths and I really thought he was going to make it to the top then. Yes, he still could with the right team, but I think his time is limited with us. I would have tried to train him as a DM player,
( spend time with Carrick) but his injury put him back. He had the physique, speed, tackling, and could pass the ball, when playing with youths.

Plymouth Red

Looking at the tackles flying in on him, you've got to applaud his attitude and resilience. Takes a great deal of self-control not to deck someone after the third or fourth lunge on you.
I think the potential is definitely there. Let's hope he gets the coaching to develop him to first team standard.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can he play in a pivot? if so, he may have a chance.
Yes 8 is his best position IMO, can play as a 10 though too.
Hrs getting nothing but hacked down here
Sheesh you weren't wrong. Didn't watch the match but just saw that video and they've smashed him 5/6 times there! the referee's at that level let stuff go too much, crazy.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He's got the look, the name and the style of a possible icon.

Hopefully we continue to breed him properly and introduce him to the first team when its right. Hopefully when the toxicity thats brewing over the first team has simmered down.

In Rainbows

Can he play in a pivot? if so, he may have a chance.
Yes, but he still needs to work on tracking runners. Though that can be easily fixed as he has good workrate, just not as disciplined with that workrate right now.

Sea-Cow

Some of those fouls were ridiculous. Is it just the hair that winds up the opposition? Or is it just that he is good, and that he holds on to the ball a bit so he is more likely to get hacked.

Red_toad

Some of those fouls were ridiculous. Is it just the hair that winds up the opposition? Or is it just that he is good, and that he holds on to the ball a bit so he is more likely to get hacked.
He’s good and sticks out like a sore thumb. Plus he can react when he’s on the receiving end. Opposition players seem to have him marked as a threat, so hack him down constantly and the refs do very little, unless of course he reacts and raises his hands. It’s a good grounding for him, rise above it all and play your game, then damage the opponents with a goal or assist.

Amarsdd

Both. He's obviously a dangerous player for the opposition but he also seems intelligent regarding the dark arts of football which he uses well to wind up the opposition.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Both. He's obviously a dangerous player for the opposition but he also seems intelligent regarding the dark arts of football which he uses well to wind up the opposition.
He’s just finished serving a suspension for kicking out. He’s also kicked out several times this season. Not sure how that constitutes intelligence of the dark arts. He’s also lost the ball and stood their whining and flailing his arms while we concede a goal multiple times this season.

The only one getting wound up 99% of the time is him.

His childish antics and naivety are quite clearly his biggest weaknesses. There is absolutely zero intelligence in his dark arts.

Amarsdd

He’s just finished serving a suspension for kicking out. He’s also kicked out several times this season. Not sure how that constitutes intelligence of the dark arts. He’s also lost the ball and stood their whining and flailing his arms while we concede a goal multiple times this season.

His childish antics and naivety are quite clearly his biggest weaknesses. There is absolutely zero intelligence in his dark arts.
That lack of control and naivety I agree with you there. I was more talking about his nack of wounding opposition up by a bit of hounding and niggly tackles and also a bit of showboating and play-acting.

Trequarista10

Question I have is, is he the level of talent where he skips the loan route and goes straight into the first team squad, or would he benefit from being first choice at a lower level to gain experience?

I suppose that's the million dollar question for most talented prospects and there may not be one right or wrong answer, but curious what others think.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Question I have is, is he the level of talent where he skips the loan route and goes straight into the first team squad, or would he benefit from being first choice at a lower level to gain experience?

I suppose that's the million dollar question for most talented prospects and there may not be one right or wrong answer, but curious what others think.
No, he isn't, at least on the evidence we've seen so far. He's a good player but unless you're Greenwood or make a Rashford-esque impact on your debut, which is pretty unlikely, then you'll likely benefit from a loan. I think he actually needs a loan more than most, he needs to learn to get his temper in check. At youth level there's no lasting consequences to getting sent off, he'll still be back in the team as soon as his suspension is up, but if he was at a Championship club and decided to get himself suspended then they wouldn't be anywhere near as forgiving. It might give him a bit of a reality check.

Red71

I can’t speak for the whining and flailing when losing the ball. That’s a problem that needs to be worked on. That’ll come (hopefully). The getting wound up is very understandable though as some of those challenges are borderline assault.

You don’t see many professional games where the ref will let a team get away with multiple dangerous challenges like you see in the U23s. The club should really be clipping together a montage of these various challenges over the course of a season and make representation to whomever is in charge of the refs. United should be applying some pressure for change before something serious happens. Hannibal seems to get the worst of it and needs some protection but he’s by no means the only one...

Davie Moyes

I can’t speak for the whining and flailing when losing the ball. That’s a problem that needs to be worked on. That’ll come (hopefully). The getting wound up is very understandable though as some of those challenges are borderline assault.

You don’t see many professional games where the ref will let a team get away with multiple dangerous challenges like you see in the U23s. The club should really be clipping together a montage of these various challenges over the course of a season and make representation to whomever is in charge of the refs. United should be applying some pressure for change before something serious happens. Hannibal seems to get the worst of it and needs some protection but he’s by no means the only one...
I agree with you. I don't understand some of the tackles that go unpunished at this level. There's no way that would be accepted at professional level. If anything you would think they would clamp down more at this level.

city-puma

I think you could be right.
You call yourself “talent spotter” but seemly don’t understand the position of a youth player plays quite often won’t be the same when they eventually step up to the adult football games. It’s about their potential and the skill set put together.
look at his playing style, he is everywhere and you could say he is a box to box midfield. But his football intelligence, running ability, and ball carrying are so good. It’s a waste not to try to develop into a commanding role of midfield. He also needs to add long range pass to his skill set. I therefore hope him become a a young Matic-like player. It will be surely a more promising path for him to step up to our first team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You call yourself “talent spotter” but seemly don’t understand the position of a youth player plays quite often won’t be the same when they eventually step up to the adult football games. It’s about their potential and the skill set put together.
look at his playing style, he is everywhere and you could say he is a box to box midfield. But his football intelligence, running ability, and ball carrying are so good. It’s a waste not to try to develop into a commanding role of midfield. He also needs to add long range pass to his skill set. I therefore hope him become a a young Matic-like player. It will be surely a more promising path for him to step up to our first team.
That’s his tag line, he didn’t choose it. Also he’s nothing like Matic and doesn’t have a single comparable attribute.