Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I had similar thoughts. We have so many hyped youth players but hardly anyone makes it
5 out of what is arguably our strongest first 11 came through the academy, so maybe that statement is not accurate.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
Depends on what you expect. Gomes was an attacker (viewed by the coaching staff) so he had to have an output of goals or assists or general incisive passes to create the attack. Or he had to dribble past players in the final third area. Mejbri can dribble, but he's less of an attacker compared to Gomes and more of a midfielder. So he has the ability to split the defense with a pass, but until you see these kids in those situations (faster paced match so less space and time to do the business) it's impossible to know how they'll take to that level.
Im hoping he will be a first team player that will make it.
We've had a few lads that in different positions that were either moved on or sent out on loan O Connor ,Chong, Laird to name a few.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Im hoping he will be a first team player that will make it.
We've had a few lads that in different positions that were either moved on or sent out on loan O Connor ,Chong, Laird to name a few.
I'm not sure I understand your point, loaning a player doesn't mean the club don't still rate them highly, by all accounts Garner and Laird are still very well rated at the club. We saw their next natural step of progression to be out on loan. O'Connor moved permanently.

lysglimt

Scout
I obviously talked about the hyped players. Right now there is only Mason, the others were not really hyped
I see your point, but I don't entirely agree with you. Which players do you feel were hyped but didn't break through ?

TheReligion

Abusive
Think he could be our answer to Jack Grealish.
Why what questions has Grealish been asking?

Is he as good as people are saying?
I recall people had high hopes for Gomes and it turned out to be a false dawn with him.
No he's rubbish.

I had similar thoughts. We have so many hyped youth players but hardly anyone makes it
Henderson, Pogba, Rashford and Greenwood say hi. Mctominay and Tuanzebe are also waving in the background. Brandon Williams is blowing kisses.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

No he's rubbish.

Henderson, Pogba, Rashford and Greenwood say hi. Mctominay and Tuanzebe are also waving in the background. Brandon Williams is blowing kisses.
:lol:
You can tell the season’s nearly done

Marwood

I think he'll be really popular when he's promoted to the first team because he's fiery and extremely skillful, but in terms of becoming a top professional footballer he's got a lot to work on.

People already know about his temperament, but my biggest concern about him are:

- His tracking of runners in midfield
- General workrate and application
- Too many touches before releasing the ball
- Static standing posture while receiving the ball meaning he needs to do a skill to progress the ball / leaving him open to the foul (a bit Martial-esque in that regard).

In short, he needs to learn and apply the defensive side of the game and how to play on the half turn and release the ball quicker, in my opinion.

Otherwise he will be in the Pogba style limbo of not being clever enough in tight spaces for the 10 role, not being safe enough for a deeper role, and not being quite quick enough for a wider role long term at the highest levels.
You say those things concern you but if he didn't have shortcomings at his age he'd be some kind of freak.

It's just normal stuff that any young player has to develop. At least three of those four "problems" Ronaldo had.

Also I always think his workrate is excellent.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

No he's rubbish.

I said hyped players. None of the above except Greenwood were hyped, and Pogba is more a Juve player than a United player in terms of education

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I said hyped players. None of the above except Greenwood were hyped, and Pogba is more a Juve player than a United player in terms of education
Rashford was hyped internally TBF. Lingard, Pogba, Greenwood, Henderson etc. are other examples over the past 5 years. United is better than any other big club in the world at this so odd line to take.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Rashford was hyped internally TBF. Lingard, Pogba, Greenwood, Henderson etc. are other examples over the past 5 years. United is better than any other big club in the world at this so odd line to take.
Most didn't even knew Rashford before LVG had to play him. Lingard was never hyped, neither was Henderson. Pogba potentially, but he left. Latest player is Greenwood, before him maybe Gomes.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Rashford, Lingard & Henderson were not hyped.

Wilson, Januzaj, Gomes, Fosu-Mensah were hyped.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Honestly for a 10 minute cameo you can’t ask for much more. Looked like he was gonna collapse in shock when the referee actually acknowledged he’d been fouled.

lsd

The Oracle
Looked good and maybe just maybe he might get a bit more protection from referees at this level as opposed to under 23 levels

Eternitiy

He looks to have brilliant potential.

Reminds me of Pogba in 2012 when he was getting appearances in the first team.

siw2007

Only played ten minutes, but very excited to see more of him in the 1st team. He looks physically good for this level, and also showed skill and confidence on the ball. Don't know what the club's plans are for pre-season this year but hoping to see him get some minutes and see if he can stake a claim in the 1st team.

Giggs' right foot

Wanted the ball all the time. A great sign. He’s on a contract till 2026. Think the club did great getting this lad.

Nero

He'll be even better in the 1st team. If for no other reason than the fact players won't be allowed to try and break his legs every five minutes without punishment.

TheReligion

Abusive
So Henderson, Williams or McT were hyped when in the youth teams?
You said made it. Define making it.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make but it's wrong. One thing you can't level against United's is the promotion and development of youth. We are the best at it.

city-puma

Hannibal should play in this level next season! His technique, ball control, spatial awareness, direct style are just too good. It’s pity he only got 15mins to play today.

yo@Kirk

First time I've seen him play. I like him more than Pogba. It wasn't difficult.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He sure does. When it’s obvious after only a few minutes on the pitch you just know you have a fantastic prospect.
Yep. Showed great awareness of his space and teammates, a few silky touches, sharp/crisp passes and was ready for the physical side too.

I'd be amazed if he doesn't make it here.

SAFMUTD

I'll be surprised if he doesnt reach prime Xavi's level by this time next year.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Looked class, could and maybe should be integrated sooner than expected.