Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

GazTheLegend

God he doesn't half get some rough treatment!!!! A few elbows and nasty little digs at him in that clip. You can see why, though, he's clearly got something about him. Hope he breaks through next season when he's a bit more physically ready because it's a pleasure watching that kid play football. Between him and Amad surely one of them has to make it!!

NoLogo

Really hope we will see more of him next season. Seems to be the perfect rotation option for Bruno next season, come on in games we are comfortably having a lead and start in cup games against weaker teams or when Bruno desperately needs a rest. I know van de Beek should be the one covering for that but I somehow prefer to see more of Hannibal, than vdB

Ekeke

Really hope we will see more of him next season. Seems to be the perfect rotation option for Bruno next season, come on in games we are comfortably having a lead and start in cup games against weaker teams or when Bruno desperately needs a rest. I know van de Beek should be the one covering for that but I somehow prefer to see more of Hannibal, than vdB
I really dont think it plays out like this. Bruno isnt a normal player, even when hes tired and needs to come off or carrying a knock he's our most likely player to make something happen or score. Almost all of the time we need him to do that or we dont get points. So having a young kid come in and not produce a goal or assist every 1.5 games probably isnt going to work, just like it hasnt with DVB

NoLogo

I really dont think it plays out like this. Bruno isnt a normal player, even when hes tired and needs to come off or carrying a knock he's our most likely player to make something happen or score. Almost all of the time we need him to do that or we dont get points. So having a young kid come in and not produce a goal or assist every 1.5 games probably isnt going to work, just like it hasnt with DVB
The thing is Hannibal will probably be much more okay with just playing in the scenarios I have described than van de Beek, Donny quite frankly needs to be sold this summer, there is no place for him in the squad that will give him anywhere near the playing time he needs at his stage of the career. Of course only coming on late in games and playing Carling Cup games won't be enough for Hannibal for long either, but for next season I would say it could work for United and Hannibal.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thank you, I saw a link on reddit. 70 mins for Mejbri isn't bad, Tunisia struggled getting him the ball. Not the highest quality of football.
He did well whenever he got on the ball. He was deployed as a wide forward and seemed to roam quite abit from flank to flank but Mali had congested the half spaces so it was very difficult for him to get on the ball. But at the end of the first half he drifted into a deeper midfield position and picked up possession to break the line superbly well and then he repeated the same a minute later which opened the game up for Tunisia. I hope the Tunisian coach takes notice of that and deploys him alittle deeper if possible which would probably benefit both Tunisia and the player. But all in all I thought he did well considering the circumstances and apart from one occasion I can't remember him giving the ball away.

pascell

The pitch any better than a cow patch?
It was a rough one to say the least.

He did well whenever he got on the ball. He was deployed as a wide forward and seemed to roam quite abit from flank to flank but Mali had congested the half spaces so it was very difficult for him to get on the ball. But at the end of the first half he drifted into a deeper midfield position and picked up possession to break the line superbly well and then he repeated the same a minute later which opened the game up for Tunisia. I hope the Tunisian coach takes notice of that and deploys him alittle deeper if possible which would probably benefit both Tunisia and the player. But all in all I thought he did well considering the circumstances and apart from one occasion I can't remember him giving the ball away.
Yeah he was definitely a bright spark for Tunisia, you could see their players trying to get him on the ball too. Like you say, Mali occupied the spaces well so he couldn't get it much.

Coops73

I know it’s only a couple of mins and maybe the opposition wasn’t the highest standard but there’s something about this kid for me, every time I watch him it makes me worry a little less about replacing Pogba, I’m not saying he’s going to be a mainstay for next season (before people start losing their shit) but I definitely think he could get some 1st team games under his belt and these games against senior internationals will do him no harm.

NickyT

No more comments like this, borderline stupid and uneducated.
Most definitely not stupid, uneducated maybe.

Honestly, guys If an individual perceives something to be 'racist' ALWAYS try to understand where they're coming from, no one can determine what someone else does or does not take offense to.

Had I known what he was referring to maybe, just maybe I would have reconsidered my post, but in all honesty, your responses to brush my comment off, say a lot about some of the individuals in here.

Without context here it's a 'BORDERLINE' (KEYWORD) a racist post, it's very simple.

NickyT

Is it a big deal?
He's eligable for both and he picked one
Musiala picked Germany over england (and nigeria)
Aubamyang picked Gahna over France
Zaha picked Ivory Coast over England
Stirling Picked England over Jamaica
Declan Rice decided he was english after playing for Ireland 3 times (as well as the U16, 17, 19 and 21 a total of 20 times)
Di Stefano played for spain after he played for Columbia which was after he played for argentina
I just dont see it as a big deal who Hanibal chooses to play for... but best of luck to him
You picked some very bad examples, none of these counter my point, but it's not my job to make you understand.

Aubameyang plays for Gabon* also.

NickyT

top tip - if your the only person who thinks its a big deal.... its not a big deal
At this point, I don't even know the 'its' you're referring to. It's ok to admit you don't understand something.

Btw that's a very bad tip, you're on your second strike now tut tut

Mark Pawelek

Most definitely not stupid, uneducated maybe.

Honestly, guys If an individual perceives something to be 'racist' ALWAYS try to understand where they're coming from, no one can determine what someone else does or does not take offense to.

Had I known what he was referring to maybe, just maybe I would have reconsidered my post, but in all honesty, your responses to brush my comment off, say a lot about some of the individuals in here.

Without context here it's a 'BORDERLINE' (KEYWORD) a racist post, it's very simple.
Some people just look for racism everywhere. Why's it my job to read their mind before I say something?

It obviously was not a racist post. It was an ironic comment on history.

Pickle85

Some people just look for racism everywhere. Why's it my job to read their mind before I say something?

It obviously was not a racist post. It was an ironic comment on history.
I think it's a case of not wanting to lose face over not getting the joke the first time around and then doubling down. If anything, not sure what it says about the poster that their mind went there as opposed to the historical Hannibal reference.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm curious as to why you find this comment borderline racist? please expand.
he obviously thought he was just saying he’s riding an elephant because he’s african, and didn’t know about the link of the famous hannibal and elephants.

I can see how he’s jumped to that conclusion if he doesn’t know the history.

Pickle85

Probably getting a little off topic but do they have elephants in Tunisia? Has to be my favourite land mammal...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
he obviously thought he was just saying he’s riding an elephant because he’s african, and didn’t know about the link of the famous hannibal and elephants.

I can see how he’s jumped to that conclusion if he doesn’t know the history.
Agreed. Pretty much exactly as you said, if you don't know the historical connection it's very easy to see an insinuation.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Probably getting a little off topic but do they have elephants in Tunisia? Has to be my favourite land mammal...
There used to be elephants all over the continent but numbers have declined due to poaching, habitat loss and other factors. East Africa and Southern African states have the best populations but you need to get in quick to
See them in the wild. Rapidly decreasing

Pickle85

There used to be elephants all over the continent but numbers have declined due to poaching, habitat loss and other factors. East Africa and Southern African states have the best populations but you need to get in quick to
See them in the wild. Rapidly decreasing
So sad. I've been lucky enough to see a good number in my time (my mum is Zimbabwean) and they're quite something.