Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
never seen him but part of me wants him on the bench now

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Maybe in a year or two if we continue to weaken our midfield and attack every transfer window ;)
are you wearing armour? The rose-tinted-glasses-wearing brigade in the caf will attack you for such "heresy"

Chairman Steve

Hey it’s that central midfielder signing the majority were crying out for.

All the best to him. Hoping to hear some rumblings from the academy the way Pogba did.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Welcome to Manchester kid.

Litch

Lots of potential but so have many who came and not lived up to it. Glad to see we can still attract the best young talent though....shame it's not the same when they are adults.

fps

There's been quite a lot of promising noise about this chap hasn't there?

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
How do you feel after this signing in one of the biggest clubs in the world?

HANNIBAL MEJBRI . It is an honor. Manchester United has a great history and is also known for its youth training. It will allow me to progress to try to play a day with the greatest. I watched a lot of videos from the past. Big names have worn the jersey of Manchester United, it's an honor to pass after them.

Which Manchester players have you scored?

There is of course Pogba. At the elders, Ronaldo, Beckham and Cantona. When I went to Manchester, I was only told about him. There, he is considered a king whereas in France, he does not have the same aura.

Do not you have fears of leaving at 16 in England?

No, it does not scare me. My parents will always be with me to accompany me. On the pitch you just have to talk football. Outside, there is the language, but it can be learned. Their focus is a bit difficult, but I was doing well in English so it should be fine. It will also be necessary to get used to the climate. But we feel that Manchester is a city that eats and breathes football, it's beautiful.

In Manchester you will find several other French ...

Yes, as we share the same training facilities and the weight room, I will often be able to mix with Pogba and Martial. Among young people, there is also Noam Emeran ( note: Val-d'Oisien signed in February ). We were together in Clairefontaine. I got it on the phone, he said, "Here it's really good, come on! His presence will help me to integrate sooner. Aliou Traoré (ex-PSG) has been there for two years, he will be able to share his experience and advise me.

You signed for five years. How long do you hope to play in the Premier League?

Initially, I will join the U18 team. If I can get into the first team in two years, that would be good. After, everything will depend on me. Physically, I have to thicken a bit. I do not know yet how my body will evolve. If it is necessary to set foot, I will put it but without losing my technique and my vision of the game.

These last few months have been difficult with the conflict between your family in Monaco. How did you live it?

It was a little stressful. So it's a relief to be able to think again about football. My last match was in April with the French team at the Montaigu tournament. I missed it. But football level, it went well in Monaco. Coach Sebastien Squillaci was happy with me, I had my friends. I could have used the situation as an excuse. But I have always given the maximum on the field. I was doing my matches and I let my father take care of all the extra-football. He told me, leave everything else aside, I'm here to handle it ...

At 16, is not it difficult to read so many criticisms about you and your family?

Yes, it's heavy to wear. It is sometimes annoying to receive messages of insults. But I tried to put that aside and focus on the future. After a while, the eyes of others, what they say about you, you do not care. I do not play for them, but to progress. I learned not to react hot, leave my phone aside to be able to refocus on myself. I have friends who help me forget all that. My family is also there to keep my head on my shoulders.

After this conflict with Monaco and this departure for the foreigner, what image do you think you have?

I think I have a good image among coaches, those who know football and really know what happened. All those who coached me or watched me play, saw that even though I could be aggressive and upset on a pitch, I was calm outside. It is those who do not know me who speak the most. But I can put myself in their place, it's normal, they do not know everything, who I really am. Since they are behind their phone, it's easier ... But even if they're bad, critics help to move forward.

http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/foo...er-a-manchester-united-11-08-2019-8131977.php

witchtrials

Interesting. Don't know anything about him as a player (unsurprisingly) but it's intriguing that the club is spending big to strengthen our youth squads. I don't pay much attention to youth team recruitment - is this the only transfer of its kind? Or is there any evidence that this is part of a wider strategy to switch investment towards top youth prospects?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This kid is a play making #8 with the ability to control the tempo of a game from what I've seen of him playing for Monaco u17. A very elegant player that plays predominantly as the LCM from the 3 matches I watched.

And definitely not short for a 16 year old either like some have stated. He actually looks quite tall for a 16 year old.

Mr.Plow

Time's on his side. He's only two years older than Lingard.

Bestietom

Won't arrive here until 21st January when he turns 17. Pogba and Martial think he will be something special here.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Maybe finally we could have the midfielder we’ve wanted since around 2009.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Won't arrive here until 21st January when he turns 17. Pogba and Martial think he will be something special here.
He has already arrived and is just awaiting international clearance before he starts playing for us. Hoogewerf who we signed from Ajax made his debut yesterday aged 16.

0le

Interesting. Don't know anything about him as a player (unsurprisingly) but it's intriguing that the club is spending big to strengthen our youth squads. I don't pay much attention to youth team recruitment - is this the only transfer of its kind? Or is there any evidence that this is part of a wider strategy to switch investment towards top youth prospects?
United have always signed youth talent. Perhaps in recent years United have been more willing to spend a few more million to acquire the talent but that is more down to inflation than anything else.

In Rainbows

Think the only time we didn't spend money was for the Rashford group. Felt neglected at the time despite Timbo.

witchtrials

United have always signed youth talent. Perhaps in recent years United have been more willing to spend a few more million to acquire the talent but that is more down to inflation than anything else.
Think the only time we didn't spend money was for the Rashford group. Felt neglected at the time despite Timbo.
Thanks both. Guess I was thinking partly of the £10m (eventual) fee. Is that out of the ordinary for us? Surprised that it had mostly passed me by if not.