Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

0le

Thanks both. Guess I was thinking partly of the £10m (eventual) fee. Is that out of the ordinary for us? Surprised that it had mostly passed me by if not.
It's not a big deal, given inflation, in my opinion. Powell was up to £6m according to wiki. Someone above has suggested its about nearly £5m with add-ons as well. I wouldn't worry about a few million. Its pocket change for United.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Like how he says that he’s like to be around the first team after 2 years.

Good confidence from him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If he is good enough, he is old enough (ie Fabregas). Let’s play him, he is midfielder, can’t be worse than Matic, Fred and Pereira.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
How is this getting more press...£10m for a 16 year old is quite big news no?
10m is not much of a gamble. Even if he turn out to be average or shite, we could still sell him for few millions in future at the very least.

Sid234

If he is good enough, he is old enough (ie Fabregas). Let’s play him, he is midfielder, can’t be worse than Matic, Fred and Pereira.
Yes he can be worse than them.....

I'm a little annoyed by all the shit that our 1st team players get on the forum off late! I get that the current team isn't what you wanted or expected but the season has just started, how about just backing them regardless of how "not United quality" you think they are instead of taking jabs at them.

BlueHaze

Is Hannibal a two way midfielder (box to box) Or more of an attacking one?

Shaw Mee Tah Mané

The price of young talents like this will explode even more. Today, if 1 out of 4 turns in to a bang average Championship-player and the rest fail it’s break even. Low risk - high reward.

NecssryEvil

The price of young talents like this will explode even more. Today, if 1 out of 4 turns in to a bang average Championship-player and the rest fail it’s break even. Low risk - high reward.
Yep, better get them early cuz you will have to shoot your wad on one super star. This is how I would spend the majority of the transfer budget if I had control. If I had 200m and Neymar was begging to come here (to this team, as of today) I would buy 20 that looked like Hannibal and tell Jr. to kick rocks. The only time I would pay for an established player is if I thought it was the final piece, got someone on a free or had to fill a hole because of injury and didn't have anyone ready to step up.

Alemar

Can this guy be registered for Europa League? Maybe a substitute appearance or two against lower level teams, why not?

Red4Life_#7

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Can this guy be registered for Europa League? Maybe a substitute appearance or two against lower level teams, why not?
He was playing at u17 for Monaco and hadn't even broke through to their u19 team. It's best if he plays at u18 level for us to gradually ease him into his new surroundings. I don't think he's close to being ready for us at first team level, maybe in two years..

Redo91

He was playing at u17 for Monaco and hadn't even broke through to their u19 team. It's best if he plays at u18 level for us to gradually ease him into his new surroundings. I don't think he's close to being ready for us at first team level, maybe in two years..
Did he not play in the UEFA Youth League for Monaco? Could have sworn I read that somewhere but open to correction.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Did he not play in the UEFA Youth League for Monaco? Could have sworn I read that somewhere but open to correction.
Monaco opted for the older Enzo Millot as the #8 with Thuram Ulien as the #6 from the games I watched. The Mejbri family were also in a dispute with Monaco at the time that had been brewing for quite sometime, so Monaco possibly knew young Hannibal was not gonna be with them longterm so prioritized Enzo Millot instead.

Alemar

I don't think he's close to being ready for us at first team level, maybe in two years..
Then I don’t understand the hype at all... Out midfield is as weak as it goes in terms of depth: Pogba is Pogba, but we only have one Pogba, then McTominay, and then there is a big gap in quality.

crossy1686

career ending
These are my favourite signings. Beating a bunch of European heavyweights to sign a highly rated youth prospect who could be in our first team in a couple of seasons, let's just hope he does make it to the first team.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Then I don’t understand the hype at all... Out midfield is as weak as it goes in terms of depth: Pogba is Pogba, but we only have one Pogba, then McTominay, and then there is a big gap in quality.
This is football, not a theory test. You may understand it if you watch the lad play. Alternatively, trust those who have seen him play in the meantime.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is just a kid who is signed for academy, just like how Pogba was signed for academy and it took years before he made first team debut.

Redo91

Monaco opted for the older Enzo Millot as the #8 with Thuram Ulien as the #6 from the games I watched. The Mejbri family were also in a dispute with Monaco at the time that had been brewing for quite sometime, so Monaco possibly knew young Hannibal was not gonna be with them longterm so prioritized Enzo Millot instead.
Fairly sure he never made a match day squad even.
Found the article I saw it mentioned about the Youth League:

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-academy-deals-for-two-u23s-and-five-u18s

I know it’s the official website but to be honest I would trust yer knowledge of Youth football more. Was driving me crazy where I had seen it so I’m just glad for peace of mind that I found it! :lol:

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Yes he can be worse than them.....

I'm a little annoyed by all the shit that our 1st team players get on the forum off late! I get that the current team isn't what you wanted or expected but the season has just started, how about just backing them regardless of how "not United quality" you think they are instead of taking jabs at them.
Spot ON. Well said

Nick7

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's only 16 and has players like Garner, Levitt, Gomes etc who are gonna possibly play in the Europa League and League Cup this year and are 2-3 years older. Hannibal and his fellow Frenchman Noam Emeran will both start off in the u18s and hopefully work their way up. It's also not very prudent to throw a 16 year old midfielder into a first team game against grown men when he isn't fully physically developed at such a tender age.

I would be patient and enjoy the u18 matches in the mean time.

Okey

I hope he has a massive growth spurt in his near future. Otherwise may need growth hormone shots! Wishing him the best. Hopefully he lives up to the hopes the club have for him...

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
I hope he has a massive growth spurt in his near future. Otherwise may need growth hormone shots! Wishing him the best. Hopefully he lives up to the hopes the club have for him...
Yes Jose, all midfielders need to be at least 190cm tall..

lysglimt

Scout
This just feels wrong - he should have gone to AS Róma….

Shimo

Interesting. Don't know anything about him as a player (unsurprisingly) but it's intriguing that the club is spending big to strengthen our youth squads. I don't pay much attention to youth team recruitment - is this the only transfer of its kind? Or is there any evidence that this is part of a wider strategy to switch investment towards top youth prospects?
Ran into your comment strangely soon after reading this article

https://www.skysports.com/football/...e-shift-regarding-transfers-says-phil-neville

Meanwhile, Nicky Butt - United's new head of academy - said it is an exciting time to be at the club after they upped their 'aggressiveness' regarding recruitment.

Butt said: "Over the last few years we've been a bit more aggressive in the transfer market, signing players people are taking notice of.