Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I mean the under 18s game. The first team plays on Monday
Don't think he got clearance, at least when Manutd.com mentioned all the deals, they mentioned few players are waiting for clearance and Mejbri was one among them.

Maybe @jb8521 @khoazany knows latest on this.

Adcuth

Noticed this interview with him hasn't been posted too.

jb8521

Don't think he got clearance, at least when Manutd.com mentioned all the deals, they mentioned few players are waiting for clearance and Mejbri was one among them.

Maybe @jb8521 @khoazany knows latest on this.
Mejbri & Hardley are waiting for clearance. All the other signings have got theirs

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I hope he has a massive growth spurt in his near future. Otherwise may need growth hormone shots! Wishing him the best. Hopefully he lives up to the hopes the club have for him...
He's already 5'9-5'10 at 16.

jb8521

He's already 5'9-5'10 at 16.
Are people watching the videos of him from 4 years ago & thinking he's still that size or mixing him up with Xavi Simons because of the hair or where has this idea that he's small come from?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Are people watching the videos of him from 4 years ago & thinking he's still that size or mixing him up with Xavi Simons because of the hair or where has this idea that he's small come from?
I think they're mate. I watched some of Monaco's games at u17 level via their YouTube channel which took place within the last 6 months and Hannibal looked surprisingly quite tall for a 16 year old. If I was to guesstimate I'd say around 5'10 which is above average height and he's still 16.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Angel Gomes seems to have some people completely and utterly obsessed with height in youth players, worst part is we don't actually have any evidence that it's even going to hold Gomes back. Who fecking cares how tall Mejbri is, one of the best players ever is 5'7 and currently playing and still smashing records.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is he a center mid ?
He was deployed as a playmaking #8 for Monaco from what I saw in 3 full games at u17 level. A very elegant player whose play style is very reminiscent of the classic tempo controlling midfielders from years gone by.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Angel Gomes seems to have some people completely and utterly obsessed with height in youth players, worst part is we don't actually have any evidence that it's even going to hold Gomes back. Who fecking cares how tall Mejbri is, one of the best players ever is 5'7 and currently playing and still smashing records.
We've actually got evidence that it may infact be a advantage instead.

jb8521

I think they're mate. I watched some of Monaco's games at u17 level via their YouTube channel which took place within the last 6 months and Hannibal looked surprisingly quite tall for a 16 year old. If I was to guesstimate I'd say around 5'10 which is above average height and he's still 16.
Yeah I thought the same when I watched him, he looked a bit lanky if anything

What's he referring to in that interview about his family conflicts?

SteveW

We've actually got evidence that it may infact be a advantage instead.
Have we?

If he was 5'10 he'd have 25 first team appearances by now. Either way he'll make it and his height will soon stop being the focus.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Have we?

If he was 5'10 he'd have 25 first team appearances by now. Either way he'll make it and his height will soon stop being the focus.
That’s just pure speculation.

SteveW

That’s just pure speculation.
Coaches and even Rashford this week have suggested his size has meant his breakthrough is taking longer than it might otherwise have.

Pure speculation is suggesting his size is actually some sort of an advantage. How could that possibly be true?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Coaches and even Rashford this week have suggested his size has meant his breakthrough is taking longer than it might otherwise have.

Pure speculation is suggesting his size is actually some sort of an advantage. How could that possibly be true?
Clearly you have not watched Antman! :rolleyes:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Have we?

A 19 year old Paul Pogba who was over 6ft at the time made only 3 appearances for the first team.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What do you mean?
Modric, Xavi, Iniesta, Sneijder, Banega, Scholes, Moutinho and the greatest of them all Lionel Messi were all techno midgets. Their low centre of gravity has been a advantage to them rather than a hinderance.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Modric, Xavi, Iniesta, Sneijder, Banega, Scholes, Moutinho and the greatest of them all Lionel Messi were all techno midgets. Their low centre of gravity has been a advantage to them rather than a hinderance.
You forgot Maradona; 5' 5" hardly a giant

WireMUFC

“Techno midgets” thats a new one on me :houllier:

Sounds like how you’d describe small people who like going to Ibiza.

SteveW

And all taller than Gomes. It's pretty obvious he'd find things at least a small bit easier if he was 5'8 than 5'4. In the overall scheme of things it's not a huge deal because he's a terrific player who plays in a position where height is not hugely important. I think he'll adapt easily to first team football.

But let's just stop trying to convince people it's an advantage to be smaller than just about every single player in the league though. Jesus, the lad said himself he wishes he was a few inches taller. Rashford said this week he'd probably have broke through quicker if he wasn't so tiny. Being 5'4 is not an advantage in football.

If you don't mind I'd like to leave it at that for this discussion. It's already been done to death and the last thing anyone needs is to make the Hannibal thread about it as well. If you have to respond do it in the Angel thread. Thanks

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

What did rashford say?

jesperjaap

Great that we are signing some of Europes supposed best young talents but lets calm down, he is 16 and a long way away from first team football if he ever makes it at all, these are calculated gambles. If one of 20 of these players goes on to be a star its money well spent

Adnan

Talent Spotter
“Techno midgets” thats a new one on me :houllier:

Sounds like how you’d describe small people who like going to Ibiza.
'Techno midgets' has been used on the Caf for many years describing short technically gifted footballers.

Robertd0803

Techno midgets :lol: