Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

Redhalle

No where near ready for first team IMO. I may be proved wrong but in the U18's games I've seen he has struggled to impose himself. The lad clearly has talent and in 18 months when he has developed more physically and adjusted to English football, we may see a step up.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
No where near ready for first team IMO. I may be proved wrong but in the U18's games I've seen he has struggled to impose himself. The lad clearly has talent and in 18 months when he has developed more physically and adjusted to English football, we may see a step up.
Couldn't disagree more about him imposing himself, I think he's done very well in that aspect. But yeah, he's obviously not ready for the first team, but is anyone actually saying that? Mental if they are.

Utdstar01

Guessing it's the reason he didn't feature for the u18s or u23s this weekend?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Any idea if he's in the French u17 world cup squad?

Edit: just checked. He's not which is surprising.

jb8521

The u17 world cup is for players who were u17 last season & France generally don't tend to play players up an age group until U19s. Mejbri is playing for this season's u17s in the European Championship qualifiers at the moment

KM

The u17 world cup is for players who were u17 last season & France generally don't tend to play players up an age group until U19s. Mejbri is playing for this season's u17s in the European Championship qualifiers at the moment
Cheers. We don't have any representation(in terms of Players)at the u17WC do we?

BalanceUnAutreJoint

There's not a single 2003 player in that squad.
It's better for him to be with the 2003 generation because he wouldn't play much at wc u17 anyway, at his position France has Agoume and Aouchiche who both have had 1st team experience and are the best players of the 2002 French Gen

Reactions: KM

KM

There's not a single 2003 player in that squad.
It's better for him to be with the 2003 generation because he wouldn't play much at wc u17 anyway, at his position France has Agoume and Aouchiche who both have had 1st team experience and are the best players of the 2002 French Gen
Thanks.

jb8521

Cheers. We don't have any representation(in terms of Players)at the u17WC do we?
No the only team that any of our 02s have played for that qualified is France who Emeran has played for but he's injured

Tarrou

I know its hard to tell with youth players and (for me at least) in particular midfielders but my god he looks an absolute shoe-in to make it.

Red00012

Looks very tidy on the ball , looking forward to see how he develops .
Our youngsters love the crazy hair

SteveW

I know its hard to tell with youth players and (for me at least) in particular midfielders but my god he looks an absolute shoe-in to make it.
Same. It's obvious. I've probably said that about 5 players in 20 years and I've only seen this lad play 4 or 5 times but it already looks absolutely obvious to me.

izec

Looks like a proper modern type CM playmaker doesnt he? Someone controlling the flow of the game and dominating with possession, passing, press resistant dribbling and vision.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Has this guy featured much for the u23 this season?
Not trying to get ahead of myself and his development, but he turns 17 next season. Any chance we could see him creep onto our bench if a few injuries arise near the end of the season.

BlahRules

With the way we play I am worried if he can physically cope with the EPL. It’s very unfortunate, you don’t need to be strong to play at the EPL but our style of play requires you to be strong. Hence why Garner can’t impose himself in games.

SteveW

With the way we play I am worried if he can physically cope with the EPL. It’s very unfortunate, you don’t need to be strong to play at the EPL but our style of play requires you to be strong. Hence why Garner can’t impose himself in games.
He's 16. Plenty time to bulk up. He's got a good big frame. Should be a solid lad once he fills out.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Has this guy featured much for the u23 this season?
Not trying to get ahead of myself and his development, but he turns 17 next season. Any chance we could see him creep onto our bench if a few injuries arise near the end of the season.
A couple of sub appearances in the PL2. Wouldn't be surprised to see him split between the teams (U18 & U23) during spring and be a part of the first team tour next summer. Then again we've got Garner, Levitt, Galbraith, Puigmal, Traore (who's played a bit higher up the pitch this season), Gomes and even McCann looking for minutes in the U23s so perhaps it's better to play with the U18s than sit on the bench with the U23s. Training-wise he'll for sure be mixing it up with the first team. In general I'd say it's good to be patient and let the foreign signings take their time getting used to English football but he seems to have adapted quickly. The competition in midfield (below the first team starters) is incredibly tough at the moment, but in case Gomes leaves and a couple of players go out on loan, who knows...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You shouldn't worry about his physicality just yet because he's still 16. And I've met the kid and believe me I don't think physicality will be a issue with him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Very tidy dribbling there. Reminds me a bit of Luka Modric

izec

I hope Ole has a plan to dominate games more and more and possession as well with better quality and improvements. He would with in perfectly then, if we can balance out possession and counter attack, not just from game to game, but during games as well. He could be an asset to open up defences and give us more in midfield, especially when we struggle against weak opponents who park the bus.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Really promising. Seems always in control and looking for the best option. Yeah, as mentioned above a bit of Modric in his style.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He doesn't need to bulk up either like one of the posters suggested. Physique-wise he's fine and will develop naturally. His style of play is very similar to the likes of Modric and Iniesta who were hardly physical powerhouses.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
God, that constant fast forwarding at the end of the clips was awful :lol:

I'm surprised with Mejbri so far, I'd heard he had a big reputation in France but he's taken to the English football like a duck to water. To be honest, he actually reminds me a bit of a "classic" British all-action CM but with more finesse, I've only seen half of a season of him and I already think he's brilliant. Needs some protection from the referees though, the poor guy gets kicked all over the fecking show.