Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
United might also fast-track the development of 16-year-old midfielder Hannibal Mejbri, signed from Monaco for a fee rising to €10m in the summer. Scott McTominay and Paul Pogba are out until mid-February at the earliest and Rashford may not return until after the March internationals.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ws-u23-17596610.amp?__twitter_impression=true
Can he step up? I know he is tenacious but he is still growing into his body. May struggle holding off men 20-30lbs bigger and losing the ball?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This lad will be pushing for a move to Barca, Madrid or Juve within 18 months. Can't say I'd blame him either. Special talent.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Can he step up? I know he is tenacious but he is still growing into his body. May struggle holding off men 20-30lbs bigger and losing the ball?
I have no idea, but the people within the club must think he can possibly?

Bwuk

17 tomorrow. If injuries keep happening he might end up in the senior squad.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
His profile of player is exactly what we're lacking at first team level. But it'll be interesting to see how he does if he gets minutes.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That'd be really premature, even with all of the injuries. Maybe in certain games, but he just doesn't seem physically ready, and he's someone who likes to mix it up so you risk getting him hurt playing against grown men. I'd wait a year and focus on building him up physically. On a technical level, he's ready to go right now.

Stadjer

If he is good enough he is old enough.

With midfield options Pogba and McT injured and other midfield options Pereira, Mata and Lingard clearly not very good the bar of being considered good enough to get minutes isnt at an all time high to put it mildly.

He might make some mistakes but the experience wouldnt be bad and he will learn from making mistakes. Top 4 is still very much an option so if he could limit his mistakes to where it doesnt influence top 4 qualification... that would be great.

izec

I would let him in the U23s, no point in playing him if he is not ready. Take him on tour and then take it from there

luke511

Wow, he looks a quality talent but he's clearly not ready for the jump yet, physically he even looks a bit littleweight in the u23 league, never mind playing against men at the very top level. I'd say Garner is the last resort option coming from the youth.

Lynty

If he is good enough he is old enough.

With midfield options Pogba and McT injured and other midfield options Pereira, Mata and Lingard clearly not very good the bar of being considered good enough to get minutes isnt at an all time high to put it mildly.

He might make some mistakes but the experience wouldnt be bad and he will learn from making mistakes. Top 4 is still very much an option so if he could limit his mistakes to where it doesnt influence top 4 qualification... that would be great.
How many 17 year olds are faster or stronger than you?

And I'm sure everyone on here will be so understanding and forgiving of his mistakes. Bet they'd even credit Ole for giving the lad a chance despite him never playing against men before.

Stadjer

And I'm sure everyone on here will be so understanding and forgiving of his mistakes. Bet they'd even credit Ole for giving the lad a chance despite him never playing against men before.
Faster? Quite a lot im afraid... :(

romufc

Greenwood was playing earlier this season when he was 17.

Messi played at 17
Ronaldo was 17
Rooney was 16
Fati is 17

Lynty

Messi played at 17
Ronaldo was 17
Rooney was 16
Fati is 17
Come on man. Look at the players your listing, the position they play and who they had playing along side them. Non of them was expected to physically challenge a man.

People want Mejbri to come and play centrally.

romufc

Come on man. Look at the players your listing, the position they play and who they had playing along side them. Non of them was expected to physically challenge a man.

I agree playing centrally is alot more difficult.

I think in an ideal world we would wait till he is 18/19 before slowly bringing him in.

I think it is because we know we are not signing anyone and the current lot are not good enough.

We are so short in every area of the pitch. We have 5 CB's yet the caf think none are good enough to play.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Why not? If he comes good we may not even need new reinforcement in CM. Mctominay is our best midfielder this season, Fred is finally settling and is like a new signing, and Mejbri sounds like a special talent, why not just start him? Fabregas is playing regularly for Arsenal at similar age too. Who knows if we are lucky he could be a good option for us. Then we have Pogba, of course, we never know where he wants to go in Summer. So, we probably only need to replace Pogba, which is also the hardest part.

maninreded

What about Fabregas? He plays centrally and debut when he's 16.

Devil81

I'm not against it.
Season is over.
The season isn't over but if he's good enough then I agree why not give him game time. Wenger was brave enough to give Fabregas minutes and Rooney and Rashford were full first team at that age.

Sometimes injuries can be route into a match day squad for a player of his talents. The only thing I would say is Garner seems to be at the front of the queue for squad positions.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I would start by bringing him on at the end of games this season and see where’s he’s at. He looks like a phenomenal talent and he’ll be far too good for the u23s this time next year if he keeps improving at the same rate and stays injury free.

Jibbs

Febregas is one of the most talented midfielders to grace EPL. He was an exceptional talent from the start. It will be simply incredible if Mejbri proves to be just as good.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Messi played at 17
Ronaldo was 17
Rooney was 16
Fati is 17
Messi at 17 : 9 apps for 238 minutes of football, not even 3 full games, he was 18 his real debut season

Ronaldo indeed had a lot of playtime at 17 but he turned 18 in the middle of the season, Mejbri just turned 17.

Rooney was 17 for 90% of his debut season, he was also a freak physically.

Fati isn't doing that well though? He plays because of injuries and score 2 or 3 goals but overall you can clearly see he's not ready yet and feels disconnected from the rest of the team.

mav_9me

Messi at 17 : 9 apps for 238 minutes of football, not even 3 full games, he was 18 his real debut season

Ronaldo indeed had a lot of playtime at 17 but he turned 18 in the middle of the season, Mejbri just turned 17.

Fati isn't doing that well though? He plays because of injuries and score 2 or 3 goals but overall you can clearly see he's not ready yet and feels disconnected from the rest of the team.
Best comparison is Fabregas.

romufc

Thanks for that, you would note on my latter post I did say, I do not expect him to start or be involved with the first team.

I am merely just noting that if you are old enough you are good enough, I do not expect to see Mejbri in the first team for a good 2/3 years.

Ole has Garner and Levitt who he has used this season so can easily use them if he really wants to.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Absolutely tore Norwich apart last night, could/should have had at least 3 assists.

He's the perfect mixture of skill and hard work, and clearly has a footballing brain. It's probably a tiny bit early for first team football but he's not far off getting minutes.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Absolutely tore Norwich apart last night, could/should have had at least 3 assists.

He's the perfect mixture of skill and hard work, and clearly has a footballing brain. It's probably a tiny bit early for first team football but he's not far off getting minutes.
Any video of his performance against Norwich around?

AB_89

It gets forgotten that Milner made his debut at 16 for Leeds in the premier league. Was once the youngest goalscorer in the league and made a lot of appearances. So it is not just the superstars that come through at a young age.

You need to be physically developed to do well, regardless of talent. I think that is why Chong has struggled and Mjebri still looks a bit under developed for first team football. Even Greenwood who has done very well gets bullied a little.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue