Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I guess the silver lining in Bellingham choosing Dortmund is Mejbri and his hair will see some first team action next season.
I don't think we'll see that much of him next season. 2020/2021 will be more about bedding in players like Garner and Laird, Mejbri more likely to be the season after, maybe towards the end of next season.

Bwuk

I guess the silver lining in Bellingham choosing Dortmund is Mejbri and his hair will see some first team action next season.
Considering how highly rated is and the fact we’ve paid a decent fee for him, id imagine his pathway to the first team has been planned and probably agreed already.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I don't think we'll see that much of him next season. 2020/2021 will be more about bedding in players like Garner and Laird, Mejbri more likely to be the season after, maybe towards the end of next season.
Me neither necessarily, and he has some competition, but with that said, Gomes is gone, Lingard, Pereira, Mata etc is probably out of here... he could all of a sudden leap in front of everyone mentioned and be backup to Pogba. Would be nice.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah maybe. Garner has been mentioned in the group of players likely to go out on loan (in his case, there are 3 interested Championship clubs, but Swansea seem the best fit).

I did wonder how we could guarantee first team action for Bellingham, now that Pogba seems to be happy. He'd effectively be 6th choice (if we count Bruno as a midfielder). But with Mejbri, being 6th choice might translate into some appearances in the cups and - hopefully not - the Europa League.

In Rainbows

Mejbri can play Pogba or Bruno's role. Could possibly even play alongside them. He's very well rounded, and has a bunch of energy just like Bruno.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Let's hope we have another Mason on our hands only for the midfield. He does look genuinely like a world class potential player for sure but as we know a lot can change between that level and in the full team. Good sign is when we bought him a lot of big clubs also looked at him apparently.

I reckon in 3 years time we are going to be sitting pretty like the scousers are now. Our time is coming again.

mav_9me

My personal opinion only. He will make his first team debut this upcoming season.

Dante

Average bang
Probably. Ole will need to rotate his squad in order to keep his first XI fresh for the Champions League final.

AltiUn

Probably. Ole will need to rotate his squad in order to keep his first XI fresh for the Champions League final.
See, this is the sort of attitude we don't see enough on this forum :D

Mark Pawelek

Mejbri can play Pogba or Bruno's role. Could possibly even play alongside them. He's very well rounded, and has a bunch of energy just like Bruno.
Not really. It took Bruno years of playing time before he became what he is. No matter how talented a player is "experience" isn't part of their talent. I'm not saying Mejbri can't be an good attacking midfielder. Yes he can, but different in kind to Bruno.

In Rainbows

Not really. It took Bruno years of playing time before he became what he is. No matter how talented a player is "experience" isn't part of their talent. I'm not saying Mejbri can't be an good attacking midfielder. Yes he can, but different in kind to Bruno.
You took it too literally. A role doesn't mean replicate a player through and through.

Drainy

Looking forward to seeing him promoted to the first team next season. Looks like he's physically ready now, similar to Greenwood when he's come back.

I wonder who else has really benefited from the lockdown to work on physique in the academy.

My current thinking is for next season focus on Sancho & de Beek in, Mejbri promoted for sub appearances in the league, and starter in cup games in the number 10 and 8 positions depending on who is in team with him.

Lingard, Andreas and Mata should allowed to leave.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
With pogba potentially staying and how highly he's rated, he'll have a path mapped for him to the first team next season. I am super excited to see what he's like in men's football, because if he can translate what he has shown at youth level, he will be one hell of a prospect.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’m taking it that he would have cost substantially more if he hadn’t agitated to leave Monaco? 10 million still seems cheap for someone who is so highly rated. I also believe he will get some cameos next season especially if they are keeping the 5 substitute rule. We don’t really have anything to lose by giving him 5 or 10 minutes here and there in games we are coasting in.

Handré1990

I’m taking it that he would have cost substantially more if he hadn’t agitated to leave Monaco? 10 million still seems cheap for someone who is so highly rated. I also believe he will get some cameos next season especially if they are keeping the 5 substitute rule. We don’t really have anything to lose by giving him 5 or 10 minutes here and there in games we are coasting in.
It’s good to read this sentence and actually believe we’ll have plenty of games like that! :drool:

Ali Dia

It’s good to read this sentence and actually believe we’ll have plenty of games like that! :drool:
I don’t think he’d have signed for us if we didn’t promise to start giving him senior minutes as soon as possible. You could presume he may have just stayed and got his debut minutes at Monaco if he’s so highly rated. Monaco also have a great record with youth recruitment and development but I think game time and exposure had to come into his decision making as well as the obvious financial benefits

Gerald G

Why is everyone so sure he will be promoted to the first team next season? Is there something I've missed?

Handré1990

I don’t think he’d have signed for us if we didn’t promise to start giving him senior minutes as soon as possible. You could presume he may have just stayed and got his debut minutes at Monaco if he’s so highly rated. Monaco also have a great record with youth recruitment and development but I think game time and exposure had to come into his decision making as well as the obvious financial benefits
I agree. I just think that the immediate future looks bright, and with Ole as our manager he’ll certainly get his chances if he’s at the required level.

Ali Dia

I agree. I just think that the immediate future looks bright, and with Ole as our manager he’ll certainly get his chances if he’s at the required level.
Im loving these last few months :drool:

Easily the most fun since Fergie’s last season. The young players must really be motivated seeing Williams and Greenwood getting all these minutes now.

edcunited1878

If the LASK 2nd leg match is still on, I don't see why he couldn't at least get an appearance for 10 mins. United aren't going to surrender to a 5 goal to nil position at home.

Gerald G

I think he's showing Greenwood talent in the academy
He does look very talented but I would not go that far. I don't think he'll be in the first team next year in my opinion. He doesn't look ready yet so I don't understand the clamour to promote him. But let's see how he gets on in the early part of next season (in the U23s)

In Rainbows

If I'm remembering right, there was drama involving his family and the club. So it wasn't a decision based solely on football at Monaco.

Ali Dia

If I'm remembering right, there was drama involving his family and the club. So it wasn't a decision based solely on football at Monaco.
I’d love to know what went on there. I’d warrant a guess and just say the player had his head turned by us and forced a move. I think the new aggressive youth approach means we will be spending more on wages and giving longer contracts in that age group that the competition.

Last edited:

AltiUn

I’d love to know what went on there. I’d warrant a guess and just say the player had his head turned by us and forced a move. I think the new aggressive youth approach means we will be spending more on wages in that age group that the competition.
We'll never know the details but it sounded like something serious happened between Mejbri's family and Monaco to the point he could never play for them again, or something along those lines.

In Rainbows

We'll never know the details but it sounded like something serious happened between Mejbri's family and Monaco to the point he could never play for them again, or something along those lines.
I think one rumor was that his mother felt disrespected over something the club did to her, so obviously the father wanted Mejbri out of the club.

Based Adnan

I think one rumor was that his mother felt disrespected over something the club did to her, so obviously the father wanted Mejbri out of the club.
Yeah, the father spoke of "broken trust" between the club and the family due to something that happened with the mother and that Hannibal would never play for Monaco again.

Handré1990

Im loving these last few months :drool:

Easily the most fun since Fergie’s last season. The young players must really be motivated seeing Williams and Greenwood getting all these minutes now.
Hard to argue with any of that! :D Greenwood had Rashford to look up to as well, who knew having a successful academy could bring such rewards, eh?:lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There was a rumour that someone at Monaco behaved inappropriately towards his Mother and the family wanted out immediately there after. They (ASM) wouldn't have even sold him for €20m if it wasn't for the problems that arose IMO.

He's been touted as a huge talent since he was 9 in France.

Ali Dia

There was a rumour that someone at Monaco behaved inappropriately towards his Mother and the family wanted out immediately there after. They (ASM) wouldn't have even sold him for €20m if it wasn't for the problems that arose IMO.

He's been touted as a huge talent since he was 9 in France.
it must have been really significant as he’d signed a pro contract so Monaco could have scrapped it out for a better fee but they basically stood aside. Either that or they didn’t want to deal with his family anymore.

jesperjaap

We do have some very good youth at the moment with what has already been promoted and what is to come. Forgettign Mjebri, the amount of young English talent coming through this season at several clubs look very rosy for the future of our International side.

Sure I have seen lots of reports Garner may be loaned next season. Considering the fees we may have to spend for our targets and our priorities, I dont see us signing a defensive midfielder this window which bar Matic we dont really have, Id rather keep him here.

As for Laird I think he looks really promising, to the point that personally, I think we should raise funds from selling Dalot who I think has had a hard time this season but look promising, but he will never get in front of Bissaka. Bissaka and Laird with the fact that Willilams can also play right back seems plenty of good options for me at right back.

As for Mjebri, anybody here seen him playing for our youth sides? All I have seen are youtube clips. He looks to have a fantastic pass on him but apart from that he doesnt look physically ready at all for me from the clips seen anyway. Of course he has been working on this but he looks to me like he has some natural growth to do with his age as well as bulking up a bit too. If he is very close, would we as appears to be the case be lookign so seriously at Grealish as a potential signing? Saying that I would love to see Laird and maybe even Menghi, Garner and Mjebri promoted to the full team squad. We do for me have a good 6/7 players I feel should be moved on and we arent making that many signings. We have a big squad so I think more of these hungry youngsters waiting in the wings would be a good thing

Based Adnan

it must have been really significant as he’d signed a pro contract so Monaco could have scrapped it out for a better fee but they basically stood aside. Either that or they didn’t want to deal with his family anymore.
Monaco rejected 30M for Mbappe before he'd appeared for their first team IIRC. They would have done the same for Hannibal if he wanted to stay but as soon as it got made clear he won't play for them again, was only a matter of time a fee was agreed.

Hannibal's family tried all sorts to get the contract voided even going to court for it claiming the signature was fraudelent as it was from a minor. The fact they were trying so hard (and publicly) to get out probably resulted in a lower fee than usual.

In Rainbows

Monaco rejected 30M for Mbappe before he'd appeared for their first team IIRC. They would have done the same for Hannibal if he wanted to stay but as soon as it got made clear he won't play for them again, was only a matter of time a fee was agreed.

Hannibal's family tried all sorts to get the contract voided even going to court for it claiming the signature was fraudelent as it was from a minor. The fact they were trying so hard (and publicly) to get out probably resulted in a lower fee than usual.
Honestly surprised PSG didn't get either of Cherki or Hannibal. Florent Da Silva is next though.

DannyDee

I haven't watched enough of him to have a valid opinion on his readiness as a player. But, speaking in generalities, it does seem easier for young prodigies to break in as final third attackers (generally on the wing) over roles that require more defensive ability and all-around game required to play in the middle of the field. I'm trying to think of the last elite midfielder who was able to get solid minutes in a competing team in a tough league at 17/18. Pogba may have deserved more time at 18 with us if it wasn't for the contract issue, and he was starting at Juve at 19/20. Just seems most of the highly hyped teens who breakthrough tend to be attackers like Mbappe, Ronaldo, and Rooney, and recently for us Martial, Rashford, Greenwood. Kroos got time at Bayern at 19 and then loaned out. Thiago didn't see real-time at Barca until 19. Iniesta saw some time at 18, same with Xavi. City gave Fodon some time around those ages. Would love to see him breakthrough as soon as possible, it just feels rare.