Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

Grande

My list is Ravel, Pogba, Januzaj, Gomes, Greenwood

Will probably end up including Mejbri as I'm very impressed with his technical ability and composure.

Hannibal is similar to Modric and Frenkie. Yeah they can play #10 and deeper. I would like us to try him out in a Modric role and groom him with that in mind.
Thanx.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
@Jeppers7

As soon as Michael Carrick sat in the back line of our midfield, in August 2006, we went on the club's greatest ever run in our entire 140-year history.

Five league titles over the next seven years, we won - and in one other season we were beaten to it with the last kick of the campaign. In that time we got to three European Cup finals, too.

Michael Carrick is the most underrated player to play for our club, even though he is highly rated. We won more with Carrick as our control room in midfield than we did with Keane.
Ah sorry....I thought we bought Evra and Vidic, two truely world class players, in the January of 06, VDS in summer of 05 a world class GK, and that Ronaldo completely transformed from potential to one of the best in the world in 06 again world class.

Sorry I didn’t realise that these factors had no impact....it was all down to the signing of Carrick. Who actually was better than Keane, Robson, Charlton, Best and Law.

Seriously these people honestly just look at the timeline and think because Carrick came in that summer he was the reason. He had the least impact of any of those factors. He was a good player nothing more, good timing on his part but was as bad as anyone after SAF, Giggs and Scholes retired.

Comparing him with Keane. Have a word with yourself.

GueRed

Rossi surely as well.
I liked Rossi he totally hit the ground running when we signed him in 2004. That 2004-05 reserve team he played in (alongside the likes of Ebanks-Blake, Eagles, Fox, David Jones, Pique, with Shawcross and Heaton in the squad) was a very entertaining team to watch.

He scored loads and performed well. I just thought he lacked a natural athleticism and power to go with his ability.. His ceiling just didn’t seem high enough for me. If you gonna be quite small you have to be special. Rossi was talented but not exceptional imo. And you had to be exceptional if you wanted to break into that forward line of Rooney, Van Nistelrooy and Saha...

GueRed

How about Januzaj? Didn’t Butt recently said he considered Januzaj as best young talent from the club, ever since Giggs? Surely he was highly rated back then from our youth?
Top talent. Technically good. For me he just lacked that extra yard of pace/explosiveness for a wide player. That was just my opinion at the time.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I liked Rossi he totally hit the ground running when we signed him in 2004. That 2004-05 reserve team he played in (alongside the likes of Ebanks-Blake, Eagles, Fox, David Jones, Pique, with Shawcross and Heaton in the squad) was a very entertaining team to watch.

He scored loads and performed well. I just thought he lacked a natural athleticism and power to go with his ability.. His ceiling just didn’t seem high enough for me. If you gonna be quite small you have to be special. Rossi was talented but not exceptional imo. And you had to be exceptional if you wanted to break into that forward line of Rooney, Van Nistelrooy and Saha...
I loved Rossi he was a real stand out at the time, some of the goals he scored were ridiculous. I think you’re right on the athleticism side. If he’d had that he’d have been world class imo.

oskarutd

According to this Tunisian sports columnist, Hannibal will be in the Man Utd squad for Thursdays game against Real Sociedad according to information he has received.

Hannibal would have to be added to the B list to play?
He would have to, so highly unlikely.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought he couldn't be added to the b-list, because he isn't at the club long enough?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I thought he couldn't be added to the b-list, because he isn't at the club long enough?
Apparently he has to be here 2 years, whether that just means 2 seasons instead? it was August 2019 he came.

Davie Moyes

Sorry if it's been asked before but anyone know why he was not named in the Europa squad? Is it because we have too many older squad players and he does not qualify as a young/homegrown player?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sorry if it's been asked before but anyone know why he was not named in the Europa squad? Is it because we have too many older squad players and he does not qualify as a young/homegrown player?
I'm not sure, but it seems he only gets in via the B list which it seems he isn't eligible for due to not being in the country for 2 years.

kundalini

So he definitely isn’t allowed to play on Thursday?
If you read the rules carefully, the A list had to be submitted by midnight on Feb 3rd. Clubs can register a maximum of 3 new players (we chose to add Nathan Bishop, Amad and Phil Jones). https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsl...-to-know-champions-league-group-stage-squads/

He isn't eligible for the B list for the reasons already outlined. He doesn't meet the 2 year criteria.

This is the A + B lists squad https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/clubs/52682--man-united/squad/

Article announcing our revised A list after end of Jan transfer window: https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-europa-league-squad-2021-includes-amad-diallo

Article announcing our original A list: https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-confirm-champions-league-squad-for-2020

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If you read the rules carefully, the A list had to be submitted by midnight on Feb 3rd. Clubs can register a maximum of 3 new players. https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsl...-to-know-champions-league-group-stage-squads/

He isn't eligible for the B list for the reasons already outlined. He doesn't meet the 2 year criteria.

This is the A + B lists squad https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/clubs/52682--man-united/squad/
Thanks. So he definitely isn’t allowed to play on Thursday?

Glorio

If you read the rules carefully, the A list had to be submitted by midnight on Feb 3rd. Clubs can register a maximum of 3 new players (somewhere there will be an article stating that we added Phil Jones, Amad and possibly one other Bishop ?). https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsl...-to-know-champions-league-group-stage-squads/

That's a shame - Europa looks like the most likely opportunity to kids to get minutes this season

kundalini

Thanks. So he definitely isn’t allowed to play on Thursday?
I'm reluctant to use the word "definitely" about anything.

I think we had the opportunity to include him in our revised A List but instead chose to include Amad, Phil Jones and Nathan Bishop as our 3 permitted changes. Since the Feb 3rd deadline has now past.........................

lsd

The Oracle
I'm reluctant to use the word "definitely" about anything.

I think we had the opportunity to include him in our revised A List but instead chose to include Amad, Phil Jones and Nathan Bishop as our 3 permitted changes. Since the Feb 3rd deadline has now past.........................

Shame but we might see Phil Jones though

Glorio

What's the status with the injury on Hannibal anyone? I don't know how ready he actually is but our midfield seems to be crying out for someone of his style.

Even Puigmal could probably give us a different option from all the defensive-leaning available players we have now I reckon.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What's the status with the injury on Hannibal anyone? I don't know how ready he actually is but our midfield seems to be crying out for someone of his style.

Even Puigmal could probably give us a different option from all the defensive-leaning available players we have now I reckon.
One or two weeks away according to Dominic Booth.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thanks mate. I really think Hannibal can contribute in some way to our season. He has a bit of everything about him
I haven't been able to verify this information, yet. But if true, he can't be too far from a return.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thanks mate. I really think Hannibal can contribute in some way to our season. He has a bit of everything about him
It's rotten luck he got injured when he did, with van de Beek and Pogba out he almost certainly would've got some minutes, we've been absolutely desperate for a bit of creativity from midfield.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Out of all our academy players, this lad is the one that seems to have that extra something about him, and for me, is the one that could establish a first team spot before the others.
I would think he will get minutes from the bench for the remainder of this season, and then will get some starts next season.
It will be interesting to see where Ole would play him, he seems to favour the left side in a midfield three, but could he play in a two? Perhaps in time.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Out of all our academy players, this lad is the one that seems to have that extra something about him, and for me, is the one that could establish a first team spot before the others.
I would think he will get minutes from the bench for the remainder of this season, and then will get some starts next season.
It will be interesting to see where Ole would play him, he seems to favour the left side in a midfield three, but could he play in a two? Perhaps in time.
Although he hasn't played there much, he's been really good on the LW too. Looked like Grealish against Liverpool, where he won 2 penalties after beating his men, and Blackburn.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
@Adnan really hope this is true, this would really be the ideal time for him to be fit..

Adnan

Talent Spotter
@Adnan really hope this is true, this would really be the ideal time for him to be fit..
Hopefully he's not too far away from recovering from the injury sustained, because like you say, there's a ideal opportunity for him to potentially get minutes in the team with our first team badly lacking a player of Mejbri's ilk who could potentionally provide the flair and creativity which is sadly missing.

0le

Great news, hopefully he is also recovering well from his injury too.

lysglimt

Scout
Shoulder injury.
If we perform really well in the next 2-3 League matches and qualify from Europa League, it's quite likely that we will give some of the youngsters a chance in the last League matches to save players for Europa League. But only if we are more or less guaranteed 2nd or 3rd