Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

-Supreme-

Great news.

Does anyone know when his new deal expires in?

Last edited:

Idxomer

I really think he shouldn't be playing u-23 games anymore because of this.

HJ12

I really think he shouldn't be playing u-23 games anymore because of this.
Agreed. If we're not planning on using him in the senior set-up then send him on loan to play first team football, where strangely enough, he'll probably be more protected.

Smores

We're hopefully going to find ourselves with top 4 secured soon so I'd like to see him get some minutes. Even if it's for Bruno late in a game so less pressure on him losing it.

I mainly watch highlights but he's looked ready for senior football for some time to me. Test him and if he's not quite ready then a loan next season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
For what it's worth he's going to take senior football well from his experience with dealing with this. Have to hope the senior officiating will be better.
It'll feel like a walk in the park :lol:

The mens game is a lot less rougher than the reserve level is nowadays!

mav_9me

United need to make an official complaint. Or stop playing him in u-23.

Mark Pawelek

We're hopefully going to find ourselves with top 4 secured soon so I'd like to see him get some minutes. Even if it's for Bruno late in a game so less pressure on him losing it.

I mainly watch highlights but he's looked ready for senior football for some time to me. Test him and if he's not quite ready then a loan next season.
I doubt coaches will put Hannibal in the middle of the park at his age. Wing is more likely. But with 3 strikers injured this is the time to put him on the bench; not in the U23s.

Red71

I can't believe the club haven't made an official complaint.
Yeah, it’s a too frequent occurrence...fecking disgraceful...with that potential leg breaker of a challenge yesterday in the Everton game being the latest, what is going to sort it out...? I don’t know if this is just United games or across the board but the reffing is shocking and if it’s not sorted then some youth player is potentially going to end up with their career ruined...United should really get a compilation together from this season and complain to the powers that be before it’s too late.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
United need to make an official complaint. Or stop playing him in u-23.

Both. We need to stop playing him there and bring him into the first team fold. And of course make sure that this gets sorted the feck out.

mat85

If we perform really well in the next 2-3 League matches and qualify from Europa League, it's quite likely that we will give some of the youngsters a chance in the last League matches to save players for Europa League. But only if we are more or less guaranteed 2nd or 3rd
I think we'll have to be in guaranteed 2nd. Think ole sees at as symbolic of progression

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Guy needs to consider cutting his hair, gives the opponents something to grab onto. I counted two strong yanks on his hair, potentially three. Why give an immature opponent yet another reason to physically harm oneself?

Red00012

Guy needs to consider cutting his hair, gives the opponents something to grab onto. I counted two strong yanks on his hair, potentially three. Why give an immature opponent yet another reason to physically harm oneself?
Or instead of a player having to change his personal appearance how about the referee does his job correctly?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Or instead of a player having to change his personal appearance how about the referee does his job correctly?
I totally agree, but let’s be honest & realistic here. This abuse ain’t gonna end even if refs suddenly become competent.

lysglimt

Scout
I think we'll have to be in guaranteed 2nd. Think ole sees at as symbolic of progression
Leicester have the toughest fixtures away of probably all teams - they are playing City, West Ham, us, Chelsea and Spurs. So I am quite certain that if we beat Leicester at home in the 3rd last game, we will finish second.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
He was fouled 10 times in the match.

Mark Pawelek

Wearing long hair isn't a reason for someone to assault you. It wasn't in the '60s and '70s when loads of men had long hair (including me for about 2 years).

United need to make an official complaint about this. As I see it: referees are condoning violence.

Brightonian

It's insane how much of that happened off the ball. Hitting him in the face. Three people pulling at his hair at once. Grabbing him around the neck to stop him taking a throw-in. Never seen anything like it at youth level.

Mark Pawelek

It's insane how much of that happened off the ball. Hitting him in the face. Three people pulling at his hair at once. Grabbing him around the neck to stop him taking a throw-in. Never seen anything like it at youth level.
That ought to be 5 automatic red cards. How many yellows did they get for those 5 assaults?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Wearing long hair isn't a reason for someone to assault you. It wasn't in the '60s and '70s when loads of men had long hair (including me for about 2 years).

United need to make an official complaint about this. As I see it: referees are condoning violence.
Not saying it’s a reason, but it gives the opposition an ability to do so. Watch the clip, two clear times he had his hair pulled. Just don’t see how someone would put themselves through that. Smacks a bit of Rafael. It’s just repugnant behavior by the opposition who clearly realize Hannibal is superior to them & want to wind him up. The lad gets brutalized on the pitch, why give the opposition more ability to inflict harm? It’s Pollyanna-ish to expect the refs to stamp the foul play out. The next step in Hannibal’s maturity might be to cut his hair to eliminate that risk, especially if he finds himself continuing to play in the U-23s.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That ought to be 5 automatic red cards. How many yellows did they get for those 5 assaults?
It has always amazed me how physical assaults that would warrant police intervention & potential criminal charges are allowed to occur on a sporting field with far less ramifications, regardless the country & regardless the sport. Sometimes egregious fouls do end up with criminal charges being filed, but it is so few & far between.

Brightonian

It's pretty grim watching that hair-pulling brawl in particular. I've never had long hair so I don't know how that would feel but I'm impressed he didn't totally lose his shit and deck a couple of them.

If I was in the United hierarchy aside from formal complaints or appeals for punishment I'd be writing directly to Spurs U23 manager to ask for an explanation.

Mark Pawelek

It has always amazed me how physical assaults that would warrant police intervention & potential criminal charges are allowed to occur on a sporting field with far less ramifications, regardless the country & regardless the sport. Sometimes egregious fouls do end up with criminal charges being filed, but it is so few & far between.
Now that we're showing these matches on TV, syndicated worldwide, it has to stop - regardless of what the FA, Referees and people actually playing in lower leagues think. When it was just mums, pops, family, mates, and scouts watching it was different (they could get away with it). United should start an end violence in soccer campaign. It has to end anyhow - United can actually earn some kudos for taking a lead.

Last edited:

Remember the geese

Not saying it’s a reason, but it gives the opposition an ability to do so. Watch the clip, two clear times he had his hair pulled. Just don’t see how someone would put themselves through that. Smacks a bit of Rafael. It’s just repugnant behavior by the opposition who clearly realize Hannibal is superior to them & want to wind him up. The lad gets brutalized on the pitch, why give the opposition more ability to inflict harm? It’s Pollyanna-ish to expect the refs to stamp the foul play out. The next step in Hannibal’s maturity might be to cut his hair to eliminate that risk, especially if he finds himself continuing to play in the U-23s.
There's so much wrong with this attitude. The innocent party should not have to change his appearance because the bad kids might not like it. How ridiculous does that sound? "Why give the opposition more ability to inflict harm?". What a terrible attitude. Sad really. He isn't giving them any opportunity to inflict harm. This is purely through their own volition, not his and should be policed accordingly. He is not the problem. Also, "the next step in his maturity might be to cut his hair". What am I reading here?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
There's so much wrong with this attitude. The innocent party should not have to change his appearance because the bad kids might not like it. How ridiculous does that sound? "Why give the opposition more ability to inflict harm?". What a terrible attitude. Sad really. He isn't giving them any opportunity to inflict harm. This is purely through their own volition, not his and should be policed accordingly. He is not the problem. Also, "the next step in his maturity might be to cut his hair". What am I reading here?
I don’t know, what are you reading here? I would love to hear your reply on this.

There’s times when one has to understand that one needs to be the bigger person (not a fan of this term, but it somewhat fits), understand there is an intractable, untenable situation, & one needs to rise above it. Sometimes this is through inaction (not getting riled up, etc.), sometimes it is through altering behavior. I think altering behavior might be appropriate here. I don’t think Hannibal wears his hair in the style he does due to a religious or ethnic requirement, so it wouldn’t be forcing him to violate a tenet that is sacred to him, etc. I could be wrong here, though; if so, I will obviously retract my sentiment on this.

I’ve also said recently that Rashford & the club needs to show more maturity in how he is currently being handled vis à vis playing with apparent injuries. The status quo simply isn’t currently working for Rashford. What might you read into this?

Yes, it’s disappointing to see a young player get hammered the way Hannibal does & it would obviously be far more appropriate for opponents to change their behavior, but that’s a bit Pollyanna-ish & trite to wish for. The inability for officials to stamp out the opponent’s behavior is readily apparent, it doesn’t seem like it will change anytime soon, if ever. As the poster said immediately above, sunshine on this through more media might be a quality disinfectant for rectifying the situation, but it but the worst case scenario could easily happen before any meaningful assistance will come to the young man. Why give opponents another button to push? It’s just hair, for christ's sake.

But, maybe I am just thinking this because I am going bald.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Now that we're showing these matches on TV, syndicated worldwide, it has to stop - regardless of what the FA, Referees and people actually playing in lower leagues think. When it was just mums, pops, family, mates, and scouts watching it was different (they could get away with it). United should start an end violence in soccer campaign. It has to end anyhow - United can actually earn some kudos for taking a lead.
Sunshine through media exposure will certainly help the situation, no doubt, but will it improve the quality of officiating that much, that quickly? Who knows? The kid is getting walloped consistently & it is a shame. One can’t just blame the opponent players, the opponent coaching staffs also need to be held in critique as they potentially are as complicit in such actions as the players.

Remember the geese

I don’t know, what are you reading here? I would love to hear your reply on this.
I'm not comfortable with the notion that an act of self-preservation in the form of cutting his hair, is seen as a sign of maturity. It just comes across as weak. Almost a backwards, degenerative stance.
There’s times when one has to understand that one needs to be the bigger person (not a fan of this term, but it somewhat fits), understand there is an intractable, untenable situation, & one needs to rise above it. Sometimes this is through inaction (not getting riled up, etc.), sometimes it is through altering behavior.
I completely agree with this in a footballing sense. Hannibal has shown a penchant for being wound up in the past and this is something that he will have to overcome when he's in the first team. To his credit, he has shown greater restraint and self-control in this regard in the last year or so. This is a legitimate sign of maturity. However, what he has to endure in the under 23's from a bunch of kids and amateur officiating is inappropriate and not representative of the trials he will experience in the first team set up.
Why give opponents another button to push? It’s just hair, for christ's sake.
This button shouldn't exist. I think that's my issue. He isn't presenting this as a gift to the opposition. The only blessing is like I said before, he won't be subjected to this in the first team and will be protected from it under the heavy media attention.

But, maybe I am just thinking this because I am going bald.
:lol: Fair play mate. I'm not what I once was myself up top. Maybe that's why I'm so determined for him to keep his huge hair :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'm not comfortable with the notion that an act of self-preservation in the form of cutting his hair, is seen as a sign of maturity. It just comes across as weak. Almost a backwards, degenerative stance.

I completely agree with this in a footballing sense. Hannibal has shown a penchant for being wound up in the past and this is something that he will have to overcome when he's in the first team. To his credit, he has shown greater restraint and self-control in this regard in the last year or so. This is a legitimate sign of maturity. However, what he has to endure in the under 23's from a bunch of kids and amateur officiating is inappropriate and not representative of the trials he will experience in the first team set up.

This button shouldn't exist. I think that's my issue. He isn't presenting this as a gift to the opposition. The only blessing is like I said before, he won't be subjected to this in the first team and will be protected from it under the heavy media attention.

:lol: Fair play mate. I'm not what I once was myself, up top. Maybe that's why I'm so determined for him to keep his huge hair :lol:
Can’t agree enough that he has shown unbelievable restraint. That’s why I weigh him cutting his hair as a minor triviality versus him sustaining a career-altering or -ending injury or him retaliating to a degree that brands him as something he might not be or derails his career. I truly went into the videos expecting to see this whole issue overblown, but I was shocked to see how he is being treated in the U-23s. The button doesn’t seem to be there with him, he seems to be duck-like in letting shit roll off his back, but for how much longer? I would hate for him to become a ‘how good could Hannibal have been if he wasn’t given a third knee by a tackle?’ or ‘remember that nutter Hannibal who absolutely decked those two opposing players?’ story.

Now that I think more about it, I don’t even know what I am saying here, I fecking hate the kid due to his copious hair alone. I hope he keeps getting the shit kicked out of him. Serves him right.