Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

M15 Red.

What a talent this lad is. I've only seen him play live twice, but he was the best player on the pitch on both occasions. The first time was a few months before the Danone cup in 2015, when he was playing for Paris alongside my friends son, during which he scored about 5 goals in 30 minutes (although the opposition goalkeeper was hopeless, and appeared to spend most of the game trying to swat a wasp that was determined to sting him.)
The second occasion was vs Leeds at Old Trafford last February. He was fantastic again, despite being kicked off the park and receiving dogs abuse all game by the Leeds supporters. Hopefully Ole will give him a few games with the first team towards the end of the season once top 4 is secured.

GueRed

He's my favourite player to watch at that youth level.

He's got nice touches on the ball, brave, dynamic and determined.

My under 23's player of the season thus far.

city-puma

We currently have a striker crisis. We badly miss the upfront quality to take on the opponents directly, and great first touch and close control in tight space.
I would like to give him and Elanga opportunity now. Maybe the physical part of the adult games are not really an issue for them as I think.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We currently have a striker crisis. We badly miss the upfront quality to take on the opponents directly, and great first touch and close control in tight space.
I would like to give him and Elanga opportunity now. Maybe the physical part of the adult games are not really an issue for them as I think.
Elanga’s been out with an injury the last few months.

Tallis

Can’t wait to see him in the senior team.

What do we think is the next logical step for him after this season. Straight to first team or loan or cup games plus U23?

TheReligion

Abusive

What do we think is the next logical step for him after this season. Straight to first team or loan or cup games plus U23?
Alot might depend on what we do in the summer but logically we'd look to loan him I imagine. Hopefully similar to how Garner is coming on.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I would hope to see him get minutes in the first team, he's a special talent. He's also the type of player that could potentially provide the creativity that we lack from deeper central areas.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I’d like to see him included in the Europa games. He does look like a real talent.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
So would I but we'd need quite the margin to see him. It took until the 83rd minute whilst we were winning 4-0 to see Diallo against Sociedad.
While that’s true I think if he was fit he would have got his debut. I suspect he’s quite a long way ahead of Shoretire in the pecking order so he would have come on. From what I’ve seen I think he could be more ready for the first team than Diallo too actually.

lysglimt

Scout
If Fulham are down when they play us in round 37 - and we are in a position where we are guaranteed 2nd or 3rd position - then I expect a few youngsters to play in that game.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope Ole is bold enough to play him in the middle and not shunt him wide. Our lack of technique in that area is disgraceful.

Sea-Cow

It’s going to be an unpopular take but I think he’ll probably go into the first team and just not get enough football to learn enough, unless we have lots of injuries. He will need plenty of first team matches somewhere and he will have to be exceptional to regularly get past Pogba VDB etc. To be fair if the manager trusts him there could still be plenty of minutes coming at the end of games and rotating with Rashford on the left and in the cups. I don’t see Ole as being a particularly strong rotator but maybe that’s because he doesn’t currently have the options...
I don't want to derail the thread, but this does my head in! Maybe he should motivate the options! Maybe he should create a team environment that fosters competition! Maybe he should implement a system that works so well and where everyone knows their role and is committed to fighting for each other so that there isn't a drop off when the "options" are brought in.

But oh no, definitely not. We need to spend 200M every transfer window or its just not fair. We couldn't possibly rotate now, with those farmers and fat lads that we drafted in off the street to fill out the bench....

macheda14

I don't want to derail the thread, but this does my head in! Maybe he should motivate the options! Maybe he should create a team environment that fosters competition! Maybe he should implement a system that works so well and where everyone knows their role and is committed to fighting for each other so that there isn't a drop off when the "options" are brought in.

But oh no, definitely not. We need to spend 200M every transfer window or its just not fair. We couldn't possibly rotate now, with those farmers and fat lads that we drafted in off the street to fill out the bench....
Not even Pep or Klopp do this. Klopp plays with a pretty thin squad and has been lucky with injuries for the three years before this - prior to that he cleaned out all the dead weight and Pep has two first team quality players in pretty much every position.

Ole has been trying to create competition look at both the left back and the goal keeper position. Cavani came in and you’d hope Martial would have not folded so easily and James has played himself back to some semblance of form.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Not even Pep or Klopp do this. Klopp plays with a pretty thin squad and has been lucky with injuries for the three years before this - prior to that he cleaned out all the dead weight and Pep has two first team quality players in pretty much every position.

Ole has been trying to create competition look at both the left back and the goal keeper position. Cavani came in and you’d hope Martial would have not folded so easily and James has played himself back to some semblance of form.
Exactly. It’s not like the squad is bursting with top quality and competition when the likes of James and Matic are important players, an injured Rashford can’t get a rest, Cavani on a free becomes our main striker.... I don’t get why people can’t see that we are doing very well despite having an ok group of players (by our old standards) and weird invisible owners who seem to be ok with top 4.

Shiva87

:lol: :lol:
Exactly. It’s not like the squad is bursting with top quality and competition when the likes of James and Matic are important players, an injured Rashford can’t get a rest, Cavani on a free becomes our main striker.... I don’t get why people can’t see that we are doing very well despite having an ok group of players (by our old standards) and weird invisible owners who seem to be ok with top 4.
How did this post end up in the Mejbri thread!

khoazany

I have a feeling we'll eventually move VdB on to make place for him if he does well.

Also a very useful option if we play diamond.

Thiagoal

Hope Ole is bold enough to play him in the middle and not shunt him wide. Our lack of technique in that area is disgraceful.
I think he’ll definitely play from wider areas. Even for the U23’s he was giving the ball away and getting caught dwelling on it centrally! Since he’s moved to the wing he’s been a revelation- far more freedom and the ability to drift inside

OldRed1

With all your obvious knowledge who are the farmers and fat lads in our squad?

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
I haven't seen him play but for a few clips. No 10 position or left wing, amazing control, dribbles a lot, fouled a lot.

Sounds like Jack Grealish. Is that a fair comparison?

In Rainbows

I haven't seen him play but for a few clips. No 10 position or left wing, amazing control, dribbles a lot, fouled a lot.

Sounds like Jack Grealish. Is that a fair comparison?
Somewhat, but I would say that Mejbri can play as a regular midfielder like you couldn't say for most attacking midfield prospects ( Januzaj, Rashford, Greenwood, etc...). He has a lot of workrate, and is really good at retaining possession even with airborne balls. Something that I couldn't say for Gomes, and somewhat with Levitt and Garner who were all cool under pressure in every other type of situation. I was pretty impressed with Greenwood's calmness in those situations too despite Gomes having a superior first touch. I feel like out of the current first team players, Pogba has that quality.

Last edited:

city-puma

where would you put him? And your youthful line-up?
Leicester has high pressing unit working very well. We probably need to start B team. If the players are comfortable to play 3-1-4-2, we can put Hannibal alongside VDB with two wing backs,
GK
Lindelof - Bailly - Tuanzanbe
Matic
William-VDB-Hannibal-Telle
Greenwood-Elanga

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Leicester has high pressing unit working very well. We probably need to start B team. If the players are comfortable to play 3-1-4-2, we can put Hannibal alongside VDB with two wing backs,
GK
Matic
Greenwood-Elanga
I like Elanga at the top.

Bertie Wooster

GK
Matic
Greenwood-Elanga
There's no way we should pick all 3 fit CB's on Tuesday. With Maguire's injury, the bad thing is we might have to play one of the others twice within 48 hours. If we play all 3 on Tuesday, that means two of them playing both nights.

I know CB's do the least running, but with Bailly's injury record, and Lindelof's back issues, the last thing we need is to put them through two games in 48 hours and risk an injury crisis at CB ahead of the EL Final.

As this is the Mejbri thread, I'd better bring it back on topic by saying I hope he doesn't feature in the U23's tonight and that we see him on Tuesday making his first team debut as a sub. If we've sown up 2nd place by the Fulham or Wolves games, and City have won the league, then I'd love to see him get his first start in either of those matches (especially Wolves, 3 days before a final in Poland so the senior stars shouldn't be featuring).

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
where would you put him? And your youthful line-up?
He's played really well for a couple of games on the left, so possibly there where he wouldn't be expected to do too much defending.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He's played really well for a couple of games on the left, so possibly there where he wouldn't be expected to do too much defending.
I like him. Doesn't have the guile of a Martial in how he slaloms through defences but more direct and doesn't have to go for the perfect shot every time.