Hannibal Mejbri - Manchester United Player

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I like him. Doesn't have the guile of a Martial in how he slaloms through defences but more direct and doesn't have to go for the perfect shot every time.
Me too, I think he's a brilliant little player. Someone said he was a lot like Grealish when he played from the left and I tend to agree. He's played well in every position we've asked him too so far, at CM, CAM and LW.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Absolute baller, i've never for a minute thought he won't make it here. Just needs some luck and to stay fit when his opportunity comes.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Me too, I think he's a brilliant little player. Someone said he was a lot like Grealish when he played from the left and I tend to agree. He's played well in every position we've asked him too so far, at CM, CAM and LW.
Elanga on the left and Amad on the left. Greenwood in the tip of the spear and Hannibal behind him. If these four combined can get a result against Leceister......

city-puma

There's no way we should pick all 3 fit CB's on Tuesday. With Maguire's injury, the bad thing is we might have to play one of the others twice within 48 hours. If we play all 3 on Tuesday, that means two of them playing both nights.

I know CB's do the least running, but with Bailly's injury record, and Lindelof's back issues, the last thing we need is to put them through two games in 48 hours and risk an injury crisis at CB ahead of the EL Final.

As this is the Mejbri thread, I'd better bring it back on topic by saying I hope he doesn't feature in the U23's tonight and that we see him on Tuesday making his first team debut as a sub. If we've sown up 2nd place by the Fulham or Wolves games, and City have won the league, then I'd love to see him get his first start in either of those matches (especially Wolves, 3 days before a final in Poland so the senior stars shouldn't be featuring).
Yeah, you are right about CB situation. We somehow miss Jones now.

jackal&hyde

He gets no protection from referees. Is being kicked all over the pitch and barely a yellow.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Any chance it was an annoyance at not having the opportunity to make the squad tonight? Did he seem wound up from the off iis basically what I'm asking.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Any chance it was an annoyance at not having the opportunity to make the squad tonight? Did he seem wound up from the off iis basically what I'm asking.
He's been kicked up and down the pitch all season with not a single referee protecting him. It's a miracle it took him this long to snap tbh.

Adam-Utd

Playing yesterday means he is out of contention for Leicester game.
Is that definitely true as in rules? I'm sure I've seen players on the PL bench and then play for the reserves the next day.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Is that definitely true as in rules? I'm sure I've seen players on the PL bench and then play for the reserves the next day.
Not in the rules, no. But starting yesterday means there was never any chance of him featuring today. Same reason Elanga and Amad not featuring yesterday means there’s a good chance of them getting in the squad today.

Adam-Utd

Not in the rules, no. But starting yesterday means there was never any chance of him featuring today. Same reason Elanga and Amad not featuring yesterday means there’s a good chance of them getting in the squad today.
Ah ok, with the red card he only managed like 60 minutes so could easily be on the bench.

RuudTom83

He is a very talented kid, would love to see him get a run out before the season is over. Shame he picked up an injury a few weeks back just as the other kids were getting minutes on Thursday night.

He looks to actually be ready physically and not just talented like Amad.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Is it me our does he look a lot bigger?
No he’s put on a bit of muscle. Noticed that with a couple of the teenagers. Zidane has filled out a bit more too.

Like going from a 2 year old colt to a 3 year old horse.

HJ12

Yes please. Would really like to see him get a game this season, and force his way into the squad for next. Am hopeful if given the chance he could do a Fabregas and displace one of McFred next season.

Adam-Utd

Well deserved, hopefully he's given his debut this weekend.

Bertie Wooster

Thoroughly deserved. Lovely player to watch.
Very pleased for him and really hoping, and expecting, that he'll make his debut on Sunday as a sub or starter.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Can't say it's not deserved, he's been brilliant this season. A very, very gifted lad. Hope he gets a few minutes in the game at the weekend.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Now the only thing left is to bring him into the first team proper. I expect him to start against Wolves. McTominay and Fred are both doubts.

Hopefully next season he's either out on loan at a good club where he plays a lot or he's part of our first team squad.

Mark Pawelek

Now the only thing left is to bring him into the first team proper. I expect him to start against Wolves. McTominay and Fred are both doubts.

Hopefully next season he's either out on loan at a good club where he plays a lot or he's part of our first team squad.
He's been here 2 years. Players need 3 years experience at a club before age of 21 to be classed as homegrown. So I think he'll go into the squad, not on loan. If he goes on loan his homegrown status won't be confirmed in 2022. If he goes into the squad it will be. Also - if one or more of: Mata, James, or Pogba leaves - there's potentially game time for him. I'd be shocked it he went out on loan, or stayed in U-23s next season.

In Rainbows

Those are all great attributes that he has, a bit like Suarez without the racism and vampire tendencies. Thing I'm most impressed with is that he is very calm in tight spaces and even when the ball is in the air. Felt that with Greenwood too compared to a favorite of mine Gomes, who although had elite first touch, and was great with one touch passing, if the ball was in the air, he wasn't as assured (without contact mind you), and same in tight spaces. Although when it did come off it was pretty brilliant.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's been here 2 years. Players need 3 years experience at a club before age of 21 to be classed as homegrown. So I think he'll go into the squad, not on loan. If he goes on loan his homegrown status won't be confirmed in 2022. If he goes into the squad it will be. Also - if one or more of: Mata, James, or Pogba leaves - there's potentially game time for him. I'd be shocked it he went out on loan, or stayed in U-23s next season.
That's a great point of which I had no idea. I assume the same, he'll be in our squad and we'll see him feature on Sunday.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That's a great point of which I had no idea. I assume the same, he'll be in our squad and we'll see him feature on Sunday.
Dom Booth has wriiten a piece on the player (link below), where he says that Neil Wood and Solskjaer have had countless discussions about the player and the decision has been made about keeping him in around the fringes of the first team, along with games at u23 level for next season.

The article also touches upon the player's temper, and how Neil Wood spoke to him for 25 minutes in the tunnel at the end of the 3-1, loss to Derby, regarding the player waving a imaginary card in the referee's face. It's also said the player is now worried he's developing a reputation which could affect his chances at first team level. Neil Wood is also said to have defended his character and it's said that he (Wood) has planned his team/tactics around the young player for the last 18 months.

Last edited:

Trequarista10

Haven't watched the u23s since the start of the season when he played as a false 9 a couple times (it may have even been pre season). What position has he played mostly and what position do watchers predict he would play in the adult game?

Bertie Wooster

Dom Booth has wriiten a piece on the player (link below), where he says that Neil Wood and Solskjaer have had countless discussions about the player and the decision has been made about keeping him in around the fringes of the first team, along with games at u23 level for next season.

The article also touches upon the players temper, and how Neil Wood spoke to him for 25 minutes in the tunnel at the end of the 3-1, loss to Derby, regarding the player waving a imaginary card in the referee's face. It's also said the player is now worried he's developing a reputation which could affect his chances at first team level. Neil Wood is also said to have defended his character and it's said that he (Wood) has planned his team/tactics around the young player for the last 18 months.

The article also touches upon the players temper, and how Neil Wood spoke to him for 25 minutes in the tunnel at the end of the 3-1, loss to Derby, regarding the player waving a imaginary card in the referee's face. It's also said the player is now worried he's developing a reputation which could affect his chances at first team level. Neil Wood is also said to have defended his character and it's said that he (Wood) has planned his team/tactics around the young player for the last 18 months.

I'm obsessively thinking about everything to do with United - over thinking it, admittedly - and that's the best conclusion that I'd come up with for Hannibal for next year, so I hope it's accurate.

I think he's maybe a bit too slight, and his temperament still a work in progress, to risk the hit and miss loan system for him next year - certainly in the first half of the season, maybe assess things in January.

I'm happier with it being us working on improving those things for now. Having him training with the first team, playing in some pre-season friendlies, maybe featuring in early league Cup rounds for the first team and being in some match day squads; and definitely the U21 group games and some U23 matches when deemed best.

When January comes around, maybe then it'll be time to assess how he's progressed, if he's likely to feature in first team games during the run in when things get serious and, if not, whether a loan might be better for the 2nd half of the season - and, if so, the tricky part of which club he's likely to get some decent game time.

Bertie Wooster

Haven't watched the u23s since the start of the season when he played as a false 9 a couple times (it may have even been pre season). What position has he played mostly and what position do watchers predict he would play in the adult game?
He mostly played as a #10 or, as the season developed, starting wide left but cutting in onto his right foot and drifting all over the pitch. Wherever he starts, he generally gets around the pitch and looks to get on the ball as much as possible.

I think as time goes on, he's most suited to a #10 role, or a #8 in a three man midfield. However, he's unlikely to play in the luxury #10 role with us as an inexperienced youngster so, in terms of breaking into the first team, I think his best bet is one of the wide roles - and he rarely starts wide right so I'd say wide left cutting in on his right foot (like so many of our players!) is his most likely initial position. But it's also the most packed for options.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd say his best role is as a playmaking #8 longterm, the way he was used at Monaco in a 4-3-3. He has a lot of strings to his bow which has seen him deployed in various roles in advanced areas at United which has given him freedom to play. But with his skillset, i'd like to see him deployed alittle deeper due to his potential to dictate play.

But for now, it's fine to play him on the left or at #10 to gain experience at first team level.

ash_86

Brilliant young player to watch and award was well deserved. Hope he is given the chance at the weekend .