Hannibal Mejbri signed new long term contract

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think Ole is going to love him.

Similar play style and attitude to Fernandes, but perhaps a little less risky in his passing and tends to dribble more.

Might get on the bench towards the end of the season once he's fit again.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
On paper he has all the attributes we need for that second midfielder behind Bruno. He's got pace, dribbling and creativity and the work rate to match. He does need refinement in certain elements of his game but he's 18 so that will come in time. Personally, I think we should be introducing him into first team action whenever possible because he has qualities that we severely lack.

Marcus

In the last 20 years help me remind of an outfield player who went on loan and came back becoming a great player for us? Sure they probably end up having a decent career but not able to find a permanent place in United or any other big team.

there is a reason for that and I always agree, if you are good enough, you are old enough!
David Beckham. Or is that too long ago?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
In the last 20 years help me remind of an outfield player who went on loan and came back becoming a great player for us? Sure they probably end up having a decent career but not able to find a permanent place in United or any other big team.

there is a reason for that and I always agree, if you are good enough, you are old enough!
I think we are at a point where we have a fairly stacked roster in a difficult position (vdb can’t even get enough games) and we have a lot of youth coming through. A few of them will eventually have to go out to just get enough minutes. I think we will be seeing a lot of loans for our recent youth signings over the next few years.

In the last 20 years we’ve loaned out plenty who went on to have good careers. Beckham, Lingard, Henderson, Evans etc
All international players. More recently Adnan and Pereira would be along the same lines as Hannibal. I think Hannibal is going to be a better player but he’s probably going to need to play regular football somewhere before he fully breaks through.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Some people want a deep lying playmaker in our squad, someone that can provide a tempo to our play.

Can Hannibal do it longterm if we focus on getting a ball winning midfielder at CDM instead?

ROFLUTION

Some people want a deep lying playmaker in our squad, someone that can provide a tempo to our play.

Can Hannibal do it longterm if we focus on getting a ball winning midfielder at CDM instead?
It would have to be one hell of a DCM to cover both Bruno and Hannibal I feel. But might work if we switch to a kill'em with possession approach like City.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Jonny Evans. Or Pogba, sort of.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I think what people want is the CDM to be the tempo setter. Hannibal is a good creative midfielder who you want close to the opposition box, he'd be wasted if played super deep.

Gurtej

I think we are at a point where we have a fairly stacked roster in a difficult position (vdb can’t even get enough games) and we have a lot of youth coming through. A few of them will eventually have to go out to just get enough minutes. I think we will be seeing a lot of loans for our recent youth signings over the next few years.

In the last 20 years we’ve loaned out plenty who went on to have good careers. Beckham, Lingard, Henderson, Evans etc
All international players. More recently Adnan and Pereira would be along the same lines as Hannibal. I think Hannibal is going to be a better player but he’s probably going to need to play regular football somewhere before he fully breaks through.
With exception of Beckham,all other players are seriously average at best. Good career doesn’t mean they are fit for usif the ambition is to win titles...

I say it again, no player in last 15 years who have gone to loan has not come back to become a star player or regular starter for us...if if he good enough, he should start...I am 90% confident and will tick him off if he goes to a loan..... sad reality but true

Marwood

Not sure I'd include Beckham in that list. He played 5 games for Preston. Hardly a make or break him type of move. Lingard, Evans, Henderson and Welbeck worked out to various degrees but then there's a bunch that didn't.

We are overstocked in terms of numbers in midfield but I still think there are openings for Hannibal if he takes his chance.

Alemar

We are overstocked in terms of numbers in midfield
We only have two players (Pogba and Bruno), it doesn’t look as “overstocked”. All the rest can easily be (and shall be) upgraded

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We only have two players (Pogba and Bruno), it doesn’t look as “overstocked”. All the rest can easily be (and shall be) upgraded
Thats all fine and well but if you look at Adnan, Chong, Will Keane, Pereira, Wilson, TFM and lots of others. The jump to first team is by far the most difficult and unpredictable. It’s possible to have a player absolutely bossing the underage and then just becoming an average player. Adnan has had the best career out of our recent highly rated youth and he’s at an EL club that we just walloped. He may have had the potential to jump back up to a big club again but that ship has probably sailed. I have high hopes for Hannibal. He’ll be the next one to debut but there’s so much that has to happen for him to get enough time and games to nail down a regular spot in this team and that’s before a ball is even kicked. I think we need to start by subbing him on for a few minutes here and there and then start him in the cups next year.