Hannover 96 vs. United [Preseason Friendly]

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Well much like the tail end of last year we're pretty good going forward but defending it looks a bit dodgy. Lets hope we can outscore everyone we play! LOL. 4-3 in every match. :P Cleverley my MOM.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
If we get Carrick out of defence, drop Hernandez to the bench and put Rooney up top then we will be a match for anyone. I don't think that Kagawa is a midfielder though, we saw in the later stages of the match when Hernandez had gone off just how well in links up in those more advanced positions.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Kagawa can play in the middle. He is very good at giving himself space. Exactly what is needed there.

We are lacking a ball winner in midfield because Fletcher is out.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Good comeback, and some goals!

But, defence was shocking, maybe we'll play defenders in there next time..

Aboutreika18

Hate to say it but we miss vds. We should try bringing him back from retirement
Why are we struggling against a 2nd rated German team?
Pre season games have been a disaster.
I fear we will not get out of grp stage in the CL for 2nd yr running
Did Rooney dived to get the penalty? Watch the replay again and it seems so. :(
The feck is wrong with you, you weirdo.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Please note all RedCafe newbies, that the handful of chickenshit posters you can see in this thread are 10 times worse when the season actually starts.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Please note all RedCafe newbies, that the handful of chickenshit posters you can see in this thread are 10 times worse when the season actually starts.
No kidding, during the season I try to avoid the match day threads during the games, the tone of the discussion goes way way down. Mostly it's just a list of complains and obvious statements like 'Good goal!"

If you try to actually the have a discussion in-game it will be drown in all the shout outs.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Just glad after 5 games and 3 goals we actually put the ball in the net a few times.

NoLogo

Ignore him. He's a fecking idiot.
The funny thing is even his nickname. Doesn't Azzurri stand for "blue"? So either he is a closeted Chelsea/City fan on a wind up or he has just no clue what he is doing. Or third possibility an Napoli fan that also is a Manchester United fan but... well never mind I have no clue what is going on with him.

acrebo

This thread has been a timely reminder as to why I never come into match threads. Luckily reminding myself just in time for the start of the season.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The funny thing is even his nickname. Doesn't Azzurri stand for "blue"? So either he is a closeted Chelsea/City fan on a wind up or he has just no clue what he is doing. Or third possibility an Napoli fan that also is a Manchester United fan but... well never mind I have no clue what is going on with him.
Yep agree think he is on the wum!

AttackingFlair

I don't think Rooney dived. His foot made contact with the keeper because he had gone to jump over him because he rushed out. The keeper being there stopped him from landing his foot on the ground.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I'm guessing he's Italian or a fan of the Italian national team, since Azzurri is Italian for blue and the nickname of the national team.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I don't think Rooney dived. His foot made contact with the keeper because he had gone to jump over him because he rushed out. The keeper being there stopped him from landing his foot on the ground.
You can jump to get out of the way of a foul and it can still be called a foul even with no contact. I believe the idea is to save the players from having to let themselves be clattered to get the penalty, though you very rarely see a pen given in such a situation.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Goals, goals, goals... Finally ! Well Done, United.

Some things in defensive formation needs to be sorted and with players slowly coming back from injuries, we should cope, way better.

Also, more than great to see Shinji, fitting in Fergie's football puzzle.

Plan M

This thread has been a timely reminder as to why I never come into match threads. Luckily reminding myself just in time for the start of the season.
Same here, how anyone can spend time posting shite on the internet when their team is playing is beyond me.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
If we get Carrick out of defence, drop Hernandez to the bench and put Rooney up top then we will be a match for anyone. I don't think that Kagawa is a midfielder though, we saw in the later stages of the match when Hernandez had gone off just how well in links up in those more advanced positions.
You really dont like Hernandez do you? I feel another apology coming on.