Hansi Flick (sack) watch

RashyForPM

That's the understatement of the year. I still can't get my head around what has happened here. Never in my good 35 years as a fan I've been taken on such a glorious ride like in the past 10 months.
We've.beaten.them.all. In.style. Simply surreal:drool:
Fair play to your entire club. Everyone from Flick to the fans to the tea lady deserves this tbf. This is the joy football can bring when everyone associated with a club is connected and working towards a common goal.

Obviously though, I’d love to get you lot down to OT next season and hammer you. Maybe Davies’ kryptonite is simply a tricky, two-footed winger? :smirk:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

Flick sitting together with his players in the glitter of the celebrations. Great symbol of his relationship with the team

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Maybe just some unknown things to some... - a little trivia

Two players that played some years together at VfB Stuttgart.

Sane and Goretzka grew up just some kilometres from each other and both went into the same grade in school. They had different paths in their youth football years but later played together as young professionals at Schalke.

Thilo Kehrer (PSG) - a year younger than Gnabry and Kimmich - started at Stuttgart, too. Went to Schalke with 16 where he played in youth and as young professional with Sane...

Sane, Goretzka, Neuer, Özil, Gündogan, Matip, Kehrer, Draxler, Kolasinac and many more. Schalkes youth academy is shockingly good. And they don't even make the slightest profit from that. :lol:

Grande

They were sacked (Kovac and Ancelotti) because it wasn't working, despite them winning leagues.
They also retired Heynckes to get Pep in.
Yes, despite, not because. A winning manager will normally be kept, unless there are other factors indicating that he is the wrong choice that outweighs the winning, such as ruinong the club long term, or being clearly incompetent but lucky, or getting way too little out of great resources and it not looking like it’s going to change, or him being 76, or him going against the core of the club’s identity, or him having no ideas on how to improve the club and team further. Hansi Flick seems to tick very few of those boxes with much weight, so bringing this up now, almost as if firing a succesful manager is a brilliant odea innits own right, bagfles me.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yes, despite, not because. A winning manager will normally be kept, unless there are other factors indicating that he is the wrong choice that outweighs the winning, such as ruinong the club long term, or being clearly incompetent but lucky, or getting way too little out of great resources and it not looking like it’s going to change, or him being 76, or him going against the core of the club’s identity, or him having no ideas on how to improve the club and team further. Hansi Flick seems to tick very few of those boxes with much weight, so bringing this up now, almost as if firing a succesful manager is a brilliant odea innits own right, bagfles me.
Don't think the OP was attempting to suggest Flick should be sacked...

Grande

Don't think the OP was attempting to suggest Flick should be sacked...
Acknowledging context and disregarding possible hidden agendas, it’s difficult to understand what the OP is attempting.

What the OP does, is going in at a point where Flick has led a formerly destitute lot to a treble, whinning 33 oout of 35 games under him, including the last 21 in a row, including every possible game in the CL, most of them with runaway scores - and stating that ‘the moment he doesn’t perform, he is expendable’.

Now either that is for no particular reason devoting an entire thread to stating the bloody obvious fact that clubs employ managers to improve teams, not as a welfare scheme for managers.

Or it is raising the flag for quick hire-and-fire approach to club leadership in a underhand way devoid of any context or nuance.

Or there is a hidden agenda, but I won’t bother looking into that.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He's announced he's asked to leave at the end of the season. Germany job awaits.

Who gets Bayern job? Reckon they'll be sniffing around Ole? Or maybe Nagelsmann?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Hope Klopp wants home to Germany :)

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'd be shocked if it isn't Nagelsmann. Marsch to then go to Leipzig surely.
Probably, but you never know what our savior Brazzo is planning behind closed doors :drool::drool: Here's hoping he's working on his next master piece.

Hope Klopp wants home to Germany :)
Wouldn't put money on that. I really can't imagine Klopp at Bayern. Doubt he'd ever join them.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Wouldn't put money on that. I really can't imagine Klopp at Bayern. Doubt he'd ever join them.
I'm just dreaming, dude, i don't think that'll happen either ;)

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Probably, but you never know what our savior Brazzo is planning behind closed doors :drool::drool: Here's hoping he's working on his next master piece.

Quelle surprise

Brophs

The One and Only
He's announced he's asked to leave at the end of the season. Germany job awaits.

Who gets Bayern job? Reckon they'll be sniffing around Ole? Or maybe Nagelsmann?
Seems like a bad fit. I haven't seen him sniff his own ball sweat even once.

Irwin99

Unprecedented for Germany- two world cup exits at the group stage. I mean...this is Germany we're talking about :eek:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Not going to be sacked I think. Germany won all three matches by xG. Chance conversion and errors inbthe defense was what broke our neck

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Germany played well in all games. Sacking him would be stupid.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would be idiotic for him to be sacked, but the question is, does he want to go back to club football?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not going to be sacked I think. Germany won all three matches by xG. Chance conversion and errors inbthe defense was what broke our neck
5.79 xg today alone, 3.09 vs Japan, 1.29 vs Spain... This Germany world cup will go down as one of the ultimate what if teams for me :lol:
Brief period of madness against Japan and it cost them everything

BerryBerryShrew

Agreed. They were the better team in all 3 games.

While the Japan result was an aberration, I really felt they should have tried to force the issue more in their match against Spain. It was always a big risk to leave their fate in the hands of a Spanish side that had every incentive to finish second in the group.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Best team to go out at the group stages? They dominated for 225 of their 270 minutes. Becoming more Dutch by the day.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
5.79 xg today alone, 3.09 vs Japan, 1.29 vs Spain... This Germany world cup will go down as one of the ultimate what if teams for me :lol:
Brief period of madness against Japan and it cost them everything
Yes. Spain for example had 3.5 against Costa Rica and scored 7. On top the constellation with Marokko/Croatia.

marktan

What do people make of him, then? I think he made a huge mistake playing Muller as a striker 3 games in a row, that other big fecker that scored vs Spain would've served them well there.

Could then move Musiala to the no.10 position from the wing.

Finishing in the end was their downfall.

Also not a fan of playing Sane as an inverted wide forward when he's so much better on the other side. It's like Gerrard playing Leon Bailley as an inverted striker which was horrible.

Chief123

Won by xG. Wtf :lol:

Sign him up for another 8 years!