Happy Slip Day

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This does not slip now...

...and then he slipped.

Unbelievable. Priceless. After a year of Moyes that moment salvaged 2013/14.

Jose gets so much credit in the bank with me for that alone.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
This does not slip now...

...and then he slipped.

Unbelievable. Priceless. After a year of Moyes that moment salvaged 2013/14.

Jose gets so much credit in the bank with me for that alone.
Yep, that season was unbearable. So many Liverpool fans came out of their holes giving it the big one. Hopefully Ronaldo gives them another reality check in the CL final :devil:

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The best part, for me, was how Liverpool Football Club™ wheeled out all their 'legends' and had them suited and booted in the executive area to watch the crowning moment. Rush, Dalglish, Thompson, Fowler, Grobbelaar, Lawrenson, Hansen... a who's who of cnuts and Mourinho ruined it all on them. :lol:

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
The best part, for me, was how Liverpool Football Club™ wheeled out all their 'legends' and had them suited and booted in the executive area to watch the crowning moment. Rush, Dalglish, Thompson, Fowler, Grobbelaar, Lawrenson, Hansen... a who's who of cnuts and Mourinho ruined it all on them. :lol:
He really is footballs ultimate party pooper.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Slip Day should be a national holiday and we should get the day off work (applicable only to United and Everton fans of course)

Canagel

Demba Ba is legend. Will always be remembered for that moment.

Blue doomer

Supports
Manchester City
I think every match that lot are wheeled out mate, Aswel as all the flags/banners with the ghost of the past.

borrays

What a glorious week that was. The reign of moyes had just been terminated few days before then this happened. the Moyes statue outside Anfield. Karma couldnt taste better than that! and dont forget The smugness of their fan thinking how they finally got their new Shankly in Rodgers. :lol:

TheScriptwriter

Supports
Juventus
Imagine if something happens again against Chelsea. People think Liverpool lost the title against Palace, but it was against Chelsea and the slip was what cost them.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
God I remember that :lol: Almost as bad as that throw in the world cup.

Also, any excuse:

Ban

Mythical moment.

And to remember his last derby vs United. He gave us so many beautiful moments, bless him.

Suedesi

“I remember, for the very first goal-kick of the game, Jose had instructions for me and Branislav Ivanovic,” Schwarzer tells The Independent. “He said to me, ‘you go to the ball, and Brana, you go as far as you can to the touchline. Mark, set it up as if you’re going to play it out at the back, then Brana, you put your hand up and say you’ll take it. Be as far away as you possibly can and then casually walk over and take it.’

One of Mourinho’s last instructions was: “Lads, I want at least two bookings for time-wasting before half-time.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...errard-slip-jose-mourinho-video-a8866581.html

Josh 76

This 'slip' is getting bigger and bigger each year. More stories comming out from players, fans and media. More angles, more 'where was you when Gerrard slipped' questions been asked.
It's fecking magic. There will be a film made about this soon.
Love it:lol:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I never could bring myself to rewatch the highlights from that game.

I just remember the Aspas corner (an arse of a pass you could say) and Gerrard trying about ten shots from at least 25 yards out to make up for his mistake.

That’s definitely my worst memory as a football fan.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
This incident was gif heaven and pretty hilarious. A few Liverpool fans I know try to downplay the slip and insist that losing the 3-0 lead against Palace in their next game was more crucial. Obviously that's nonsense as Liverpool went into the Chelsea game with the title in their own hands, and it would have remained in their own hands had they drawn that game. They went into the Palace game with the title in City's hands due to their superior goal difference, and City were never going to mess up with 2 easy home games left against Villa and West Ham neither of whom had anything to play for.

Another memorable Gerrard vs. Chelsea / Mourinho vs. Liverpool fans moment:

SirAnderson

I never could bring myself to rewatch the highlights from that game.

I just remember the Aspas corner (an arse of a pass you could say) and Gerrard trying about ten shots from at least 25 yards out to make up for his mistake.

That’s definitely my worst memory as a football fan.
Just want to put this out there. For me at least, from the posts I've seen from you, which probably is not as much as others, but you seem like a Liverpool fan I can actually talk football about. From what I remember, you always fair and rational in your thinking.
(Don't think this was needed, but for context: almost all my friends/acquaintances/colleagues that support Liverpool are insufferable when it comes to talking football, especially about their team or Manchester United, can't deal!)

That being said, to stay on thread...
Best non-united event ever for me too. Probably watched that highlight reel so many times I can go through the commentary off by head. (okay not, but still)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Just want to put this out there. For me at least, from the posts I've seen from you, which probably is not as much as others, but you seem like a Liverpool fan I can actually talk football about. From what I remember, you always fair and rational in your thinking.
(Don't think this was needed, but for context: almost all my friends/acquaintances/colleagues that support Liverpool are insufferable when it comes to talking football, especially about their team or Manchester United, can't deal!)

That being said, to stay on thread...
Best non-united event ever for me too. Probably watched that highlight reel so many times I can go through the commentary off by head. (okay not, but still)
I’m actually very pessimistic when I’m watching Liverpool. I’m always assuming the worst when we’re playing and expecting it to go wrong.

Maybe posting here has helped broaden my horizons a bit.

I’m not from Liverpool or anywhere near there either so that probably helps.

DavidDeSchmikes

just heard it mentioned on bbc radio 4 as well. The slip is getting more hype than the actual game

Josh 76

I'd love to see Redknapp's reaction to this :lol:
Mourhino at his best. Miss this Mourhino.

On another point. It's funny how the Scousers blame Brendon for not changing his tactics to more defensive rather than Gerrard. From what I saw, Liverpool were managing the game very well , until that slip. Then once they went a goal down , they had no choice but to chase the game and play into Chelsea's hands.