Happy Slip Day

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I literally just got a mass (work) email from some company with a subject "Don't let your Broker Award slip away!" ... can't help but think :lol:

Happy Slip Day Everyone!

Last edited:

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
It's still hard to believe he said 'this does not fecking slip' and then he literally fecking slips

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Oh someone is mentioning me, maybe it's to wish me a happy Monday...nope just rubbing salt in a still painful wound.

Worst moment of my football watching life.
Served the cnut right though for throwing the game v Chelsea a few years previous to help deny us the title.

Robertd0803

Still glorious to this day. You can stick your Aguero goal this is the single greatest moment in Premier League history. (That doesnt involve United).

Happy Slip Day and Happy Demba Ba Day everybody :)

royce987

What a coincidence that 6th anniversary of of such a great day would be around the same time as the 6th anniversary of former NBA team owner Donald Sterling being outed as a racist, and forced to sell his team.

stevoc

This was only a few days after Moyes getting the boot, capped off a great week in what was an otherwise horrific season.

meamth

...and people still debating who is better between Scholes and Gerrard.

Obviously one is a slip master, the other one is a trophies hoarder.

"Gerrard never won the league,"

"It's not all about trophies"
Yeah, mate.

Mike Smalling

The thing I most remember from that game, is how desperately Stevie Me tried to score a goal to make amends for his mistake. In the second half he basically shot from every distance and angle :lol:

On another note, it was quite weird seeing Salah celebrating Ba's goal.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
One of the greatest moments in the PL of all time. You couldn't have written it.

Chairman Steve

I remember Liverpool being completely stumped by Chelsea and were going hit and hope as early as the 60 min mark, and Iago Aspas taking the worst corner ever.

mu4c_20le

Rodgers' look of disapproval gets me every time. He also said Chelsea fielded a back 6 if i remember correctly

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A day for us all to remember that Steven Gerrard once said "This does not slip" and then ACTUALLY FECKIN' SLIPPED

Please share your own memories of this prestigious anniversary.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/premier-league-april-26-28.389690/page-15

Still wonder why he tried to control that ball in such an unnecessarily flash way.
All he had to do was side foot control it and there was no danger.

Even the keeper probably shouldn't have rushed out. If he didn't, Gerrard could probably gave got back and made a decent attempt at a challenge.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rodgers' look of disapproval gets me every time. He also said Chelsea fielded a back 6 if i remember correctly
His management of that game was dreadful.

People tend to forget that Chelsea showed up with a real fringe lineup, and a draw would have been a title winning game changer really. It was only that when Liverpool were 3-0 up to Palace that they had to go apesH!t gungho crazy to try and get back in off the goal difference. If they'd drawn v Chelsea they wouldn't have needed to.