Happy Slip Day

Vinnie Peetang

The desperation is obvious. From us, not from Liverpool. That this is so important 5 years later, instead of our own team challenging and in the last rounds of CL.

shaky

The desperation is obvious. From us, not from Liverpool. That this is so important 5 years later, instead of our own team challenging and in the last rounds of CL.
What nonsense. If we were 10 points clear at the top of the league and going for our 4th CL title in a row, I'd still get the same enjoyment out of looking back and chuckling at that end to Liverpool's season. How we are doing now is of no significance to that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Most incredible thing is it was a really scratch Chelsea 11. Schwarzer in goal who was in his 40s then, Tomas Kalas as a CB (he's on loan at Bristol City this season) and Hazard didn't play either.

Ba-Salah-Schurrle was their front three that day. :lol:

And yet they kept a clean sheet that day against Coutinho-Suarez-Sterling-Sturridge. Liverpool at the time were hitting 4s and 5s against likes of Arsenal and Spurs at Anfield.

As much as I give him lots of stick nowadays that truly was a Mourinho masterclass that day in actually winning the game.

If Rodgers and Liverpool had their time again they should've just set out to grind out the most boring 0-0 in history. That and winning their last two would've been enough for the title.

extincti fugax hominum

Still can't believe to this day how this actually happened. He really said "listen listen this does not f*cking slip!" in his passionate hollywood post match celebrations around his teammates. They really thought they won the league. And then he literally slipped. You couldn't write this stuff :lol:

Robertd0803

, Tomas Kalas as a CB (he's on loan at Bristol City this season)

If Rodgers and Liverpool had their time again they should've just set out to grind out the most boring 0-0 in history. That and winning their last two would've been enough for the title.
Kallas played that game like he was Maldini/Rio and Vidic rolled in to one. Incredible stuff.

Amusingly Gerrard said that he felt they were over confident going in to it and appeared he was trying to shift the blame to Rodgers. Rodgers answer was that they had won 11 on the trot at that point hammering everyone left right and centre so why wouldnt they be confident :lol:

Nero

The panic. The fear. The realisation. The slip.

Happy slip day. The gift that keeps giving.

that and his sending off against Utd, when he took the armband , came on as sub, off in less than a minute.

I could watch these all day. Just pure gold.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I still maintain that it was actually a reflex starfish dive. If you watch the video closely, he miscontrols it first and realises that Ba is about to pickpocket him so his automatic reaction is to feign that he was fouled until he almost instantly recognises that nobody is anywhere close to him so he has to get up and chase him.

Nero

"I sat in the back of the car and felt the tears rolling down my face. I hadn't cried for years but, on the way home, I couldn't stop. The tears kept coming. I can't even tell you if the streets were thick with traffic or as empty as I was on the inside. It was killing me.
:drool:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Happy slip day. The gift that keeps giving.

that and his sending off against Utd, when he took the armband , came on as sub, off in less than a minute.

I could watch these all day. Just pure gold.
Slip, 36 second red card in his last game vs United, Crystanbul, Palace destroying him in his Anfield farewell and to top it all off getting annihilated 6-1 by Stoke in his final game. He gave us so many beautiful memories in his final 18 months.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
This never gets old, and never gets less funny.

I work with a few over-sensitive Liverpool fans (the ones who can't joke and laugh at their own club), so I do enjoy winding them up. Their insistence that this Gerrard slip wasn't that significant, when it clearly was and it was far more significant than Crystanbul the following week, is pretty funny.

They also insist that that Utd were so only successful under Fergie because of him 'scaring people' and the club spending loads of money, when they actually had a lower gross and net spend on transfer fees during his reign than Liverpool (despite generating significantly higher revenues year after year).

Slip, 36 second red card in his last game vs United, Crystanbul, Palace destroying him in his Anfield farewell and to top it all off getting annihilated 6-1 by Stoke in his final game. He gave us so many beautiful memories in his final 18 months.
he will have nightmares about some of those for the rest of his life. Clearly he and everyone at ‘pool were trying to get him the perfect send off. Didn’t exactly work out!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hamming it up to the cameras in that horribly staged huddle.

Then waving the cameras away after Palace.

I think people forget how weakened that Chelsea lineup was and that Liverpool only needed to draw.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
The Premier League need to void the season today and then this date can become the verified greatest date in football history.

DRM

Hamming it up to the cameras in that horribly staged huddle.

I think people forget how weakened that Chelsea lineup was and that Liverpool only needed to draw.
I saw an interview of him where he was talking about the slip and how much it still affects him now and will probably affect him for the rest of his life. I must admit I did feel a tad sorry for him. Then I saw your post and remembered that huddle moment and any sympathy I had quickly vanished. The prick brought this on himself.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I saw an interview of him where he was talking about the slip and how much it still affects him now and will probably affect him for the rest of his life. I must admit I did feel a tad sorry for him. Then I saw your post and remembered that huddle moment and any sympathy I had quickly vanished. The prick brought this on himself.
On a human level, you are right. And personally I never really hated him. I found him more a tragi-comedy case - with the kissing cameras while we were kissing Premier league trophies.

But everything about that little spell justifies his "Stevie Me" nickname.

What the heck was he doing with that pass though. Trying to do some really flash studs control over the ball thing, rather than a simple, much safer side foot control.
I still don't get it now. Just bizarre.

He probably could have got away with bringing Ba down as well - having a defender fairly close to the right, being miles away from goal - being at Anfield - he'd have no chance got a red.

Then spending the rest of the game attempting ludicrous potshots from miles out.

But that huddle - just ridiculous.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Never knew Slip's day coincided with the Dutch King's day, but here we go. Must be a sign.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
This never gets old, and never gets less funny.

I work with a few over-sensitive Liverpool fans (the ones who can't joke and laugh at their own club), so I do enjoy winding them up.
In your shoes I'll be systematically bringing up the fact you've won more PL titles at Anfield than they have!

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
I still maintain that it was actually a reflex starfish dive. If you watch the video closely, he miscontrols it first and realises that Ba is about to pickpocket him so his automatic reaction is to feign that he was fouled until he almost instantly recognises that nobody is anywhere close to him so he has to get up and chase him.
I agree with this. You see Terry do this in Arsenal's 5-3 win at Stamford Bridge too, when he misses a backpass and knows he's going to get rinsed for pace by RVP so he just "slips"

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
In your shoes I'll be systematically bringing up the fact you've won more PL titles at Anfield than they have!
Haha I do that regularly. Plus some I've enjoyed classics over the years:

- Which ship never docks in Liverpool? The Premiership - OK that I guess that became outdated when it became the Premier League rather than the Premiership, but still it's a classic.
- Premier League champions roll call, Utd, Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Blackburn, Leicester. Have I missed anyone?
- Two generations of Schmeichels winning the league title since Liverpool last did.
- Giggs's wife having 6 more Premier League medals than Gerrard after his divorce etc.