Hardest football quiz question ever

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I was at a football quiz and at the end they gave us an extra question to get a special prize, some autographed shirts.

We didn't get it and the question was: what are the 11 national teams that play continental football but not FIFA competitions. We had 1 minute and got 5 right.

How many would you have got? Try to guess without checking.

Reunion
Zanzibar
Kiribati
Tuvalu
Northern Mariana Islands
Bonaire
French Guiana
Guadeloupe
Martinique
Saint Martin
Sint Maarten

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Well done to anyone who gets those. I wouldn't have had a clue, I'm not sure I even understood the question!

Andersonson

Many of these are not countries though.
Like Sint/Saint Martin, are French and Dutch. Players who are good enough for that national team plays for either France og Netherlands.

Tuvalu and Kiribati are countries and not part of FIFA, so those are correct. Saying French guiana is not a part of FIFA is like saying Mallorca isnt a part of FIFA.

Ueanuwug

Like Sint/Saint Martin, are French and Dutch. Players who are good enough for that national team plays for either France og Netherlands.

Tuvalu and Kiribati are countries and not part of FIFA, so those are correct. Saying French guiana is not a part of FIFA is like saying Mallorca isnt a part of FIFA.
They just don't wanna give away the prize so they can keep sucking people in 'duh

Statue of Limitations

You got five!? Well done to you and your team, I would have contributed exactly nothing there!

Honestly not even heard of most of those places, impressive.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven

Sint-Maarten is a country within the kingdom of The Netherlands since 2010.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I would have got most of the French overseas ones. They have their own FAs, which aren't part of FIFA, because France's overseas territories are integrated to be part of France proper, which helps explain why you get the occasional fun cup tie in France.

Yeah, it is difficult question to structure. I think this is specifically asking, "Which national FAs are recognised members of UEFA, CONMEBOL, CONCACAF, CAF, AFC or 0FC, entering continental competitions, but are not recognised by FIFA?" I think the answer is correct in this context.

Worth reflecting that Gibraltar, the Faroe Islands, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are not independent, sovereign states either, but have FIFA-recognised FAs.

Last edited:

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
You got five!? Well done to you and your team, I would have contributed exactly nothing there!

Honestly not even heard of most of those places, impressive.
Personally I only got Martinique as I remembered a pundit talking about it during a match against the US. A french lad from my team got Reunion, French Guiana, Guadeloupe and Saint Martin. None of us knew Bonaire was even a thing after checking the answer.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal

Not sure how it technically works but on wikipedia they come referenced as national teams.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
They just don't wanna give away the prize so they can keep sucking people in 'duh
Sometimes there are proper football nerds at these things. I wasn't there but someone told me a couple of months ago the extra challenge was to name 1 player from each of the 13 teams that took part in the first world cup in 1930 and someone got it.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i got all 11, for anyone else curious, they were left in the spoiler.

Andersonson

Not sure how it technically works but on wikipedia they come referenced as national teams.
The question is a little weird put, but yes, they have national teams, even though some of them ain't a country.

French Guiana for instance which was a correct answer here played in the CONCACAF Nations League which is one of the governing bodies (FIFA)

Maybe I don't just understand the question or the answers are just wrong

diarm

Monaco have a national team that should surely be included in this list.

Varun

Staff
I didn't even know 90p of that list even had a national team

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Well done to anyone who gets those. I wouldn't have had a clue, I'm not sure I even understood the question!
Same. I was thinking the question is like "countries that haven't participated in any FIFA tournament but have participated in a continental one" and was listing down all those countries, only to soon realize there'd be quite a lot especially from Asia, Africa, North America and Oceania

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Here’s a question…….

Which former Scotland captain’s dad was Jamaican?

Trezeguet17

I made a hard quiz for you:

He played together with:

Bobby Zamora
Robbie Keane
Patrick Vieira
Richard Dunne
Robbie Fowler
Clint Dempsey
Marcel Desailly
Alan Smith

Who is he?

Robbie Boy

Dutch international, Former Ajax player, allegedly joined United in the summer of 2020 but hasn't been spotted since. Who is it?

MUFC07

Okay wow. I guess it wasn‘t that hard if it took you 5 minutes. It took me twice that time to make up the question ffs :lol:
:lol: Well I guessed he was French because of Vieira and Desailly and then Dempsey-Zamora locked in a few years from Fulham and remembered he was at Everton and the rest of them looked like Leeds.