Hargreaves vs. Carrick, Feadingseagulls vs. Noodle, Chief (Bayern Fan!) vs. Logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He was shit, again

Always running behind the play. Almost always in the wrong place.

20 million pounds to repeatedly punch yourself in the face
normal Hargreaves

he needs about thousand touches to control the ball and his passing...let's just not talk about it

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I think he's no better than Fletcher, P Neville or Nicky Butt.

18 Million :rolleyes:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Exactly how rubbish does he have to be before you cnuts will at least admit he's not amazing?

He's a terrible player.

You're telling me Carrick, or Fletcher couldn't have done what Hargreaves did tonight, and probably made a much better job of it? Feckin' hell

London_Red

I exist
I expected a thread on Hargreaves as soon as he was subbed. Its pathetic really.

So he isnt allowed the usual one season to settle in?

No because he is fecking scapegoat for any of our problems.

Cold_Boy

I read your post which indicated that a defensive midfielder was not needed. He was actually needed and Lyon didnt create anything of note. We lost almost every away game over the last couple of seasons in the CL and Carrick was a part of the problem.

If Rooney wasnt such a poor finisher, we should have wrapped this game up quite early.
But then we played Giggs in the midfield.And we did not have the energy of someone like Anderson in midfield.

London_Red

I exist
Exactly how rubbish does he have to be before you cnuts will at least admit he's not amazing?

He's a terrible player.

You're telling me Carrick, or Fletcher couldn't have done what Hargreaves did tonight, and probably made a much better job of it? Feckin' hell
So Evra and Vidic were world class in their first season were they?

Hargreaves has not had nearly enough games for people to form this damning opinions of his form and his ability.

Bape

I was thinking about Hargreaves' performance on my way home from the pub. Individually, his performance was okay. He was energetic, looked to stifle Lyon and generally won his confrontations. But he is not a player that fits in United's system. He takes too long to release possession and too often he plays a backwards pass. The flow of the team is so much better with Carrick in the side as the ball moves through midfield much faster.
Well put.

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner
No...They were embarrassed by the likes of Bodmer and Makoun away in Europe last season. Juninho did nothing today and if Carrick had started, he would have had a free run and they would have scored a couple of more goals.

Our defence was already shaky against Benzema. If Hargreaves hadnt started, their midfield would have been in control and they'd have won by a couple of goals.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
What the feck are you talking about ? Some of you were the clueless morons who were earlier going on about playing Scholes and Anderson in 4-4-2 until that failed miserably.

Hargreaves had a decent game. Find another scapegoat.
Seconded. The Hargreaves hating morons are out in full effect again today. Becuase we were unlcuky to not win by more than a goal tonight. a game we fecking dominated

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Hargreaves was not anywhere near as bad as is being made out. But his style is not enough at United. He is a big factor in us playing bitty football because he takes to long to release the ball and even then it is not an incisive pass.

I don't see why Carrick couldn't have shielded today.

Nucks

RT History Department
Yeah that's pretty much how i felt. I'm not disappointed or annoyed, but i guess i expected a little bit more. For a DM i wish he would dominate the midfield more, and let our attacking mids push forward a bit.
Lets be fair here. Hargreaves has steadily improved this season. The last couple of games he has actually contributed some going forward. Today was a perfect example. He made some cutting passes when the "easy" sideways or backwards pass was there. He made some forward runs. He beat some people when he was being pressured and he as always was stout in midfield defensively.

I think the haters of Hargreaves will ALWAYS find a way to pin the blame on him for any goal.

A winger could come burning down the wing and lob in a pass and it will be Hargreaves fault.

Hargreaves could be tracking one CM and the other makes a run and scores on an individual effort and it will be his fault.

Hargreaves could be on the bench and it will be his fault.

They just don't like him end of discussion and their perception of him is so biased it is comedic to listen to their gripes. They make statements about his performances and you take pause to wonder if they actually watched the fecking game.

M160RA

He's a terrible player.

He needs time and games to settle in, just like Vidic and Evra did. I don't think he's amazing, but he has more ability than people give him credit for.

London_Red

I exist
No...They were embarrassed by the likes of Bodmer and Makoun away in Europe last season. Juninho did nothing today and if Carrick had started, he would have had a free run and they would have scored a couple of more goals.

Our defence was already shaky against Benzema. If Hargreaves hadnt started, their midfield would have been in control and they'd have won by a couple of goals.
Its impossible to tell exactly what would have happened but i agree with you. I think that Juninho would have had the chance to run freely if Hargreaves had not have played.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
So Evra and Vidic were world class in their first season were they?

Hargreaves has not had nearly enough games for people to form this damning opinions of his form and his ability.
He was rubbish before we signed him. He didn't just crop up from nowhere.

All he's done since joining United is play like Owen Hargreaves.

It's a stretch to call him a footballer

Man-United

so Fergie knows nothing about football?

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves

He's a terrible player.

no one said he was amazing. he was alright today, a mixed bag.. nothing more nothing less. terrible he is not.. and the hargreaves-bashers march on. idiots..

Chorley1974

Lady Ole

He's a terrible player.

Have you totally lost it? Did we dominate our away games in the CL before he came and now he's fecked it up? We conceded one away goal, I forgot we have never done that with Carrick or Fletcher playing!?!

What's really your gripe with him? He's a great addition to the squad, last season it was glaring we needed a holding midfield player, Hargreaves is a good one, sadly he isn't being given the same sort of chance to settle in as other players.

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08
I'd be very tempted to say I'd prefer Fletcher in midfield over Hargreaves. We usually concede with Hargreaves in the team, to be honest. Which is what he's meant to prevent.

Carrick and Anderson for me at present moment, Carrick and Scholes if he freshens up anytime soon.

London_Red

I exist

Im sorry i totally disagree. So the fact he was hated by England fans but was then voted player of the World Cup for England means nothing then?

He was fantastic for Bayern and will be for United. He needs a season and i reckon that he will prove just how good he is.

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner
Lets be fair here. Hargreaves has steadily improved this season. The last couple of games he has actually contributed some going forward. Today was a perfect example. He made some cutting passes when the "easy" sideways or backwards pass was there. He made some forward runs. He beat some people when he was being pressured and he as always was stout in midfield defensively.

I think the haters of Hargreaves will ALWAYS find a way to pin the blame on him for any goal.

A winger could come burning down the wing and lob in a pass and it will be Hargreaves fault.

Hargreaves could be tracking one CM and the other makes a run and scores on an individual effort and it will be his fault.

Hargreaves could be on the bench and it will be his fault.

They just don't like him end of discussion and their perception of him is so biased it is comedic to listen to their gripes. They make statements about his performances and you take pause to wonder if they actually watched the fecking game.
Exactly...somehow our humiliating results away in Europe last season arent proof enough that we were getting run over in midfield.

Hargreaves was not anywhere near as bad as is being made out. But his style is not enough at United. He is a big factor in us playing bitty football because he takes to long to release the ball and even then it is not an incisive pass..
So according to you we played "bitty football today? Really?

He isn't as good as Hargreaves at it. It isn't hard to figure out. I'm wondering how Scholes got the nod ahead of Carrick instead. Looking at current form. Even though Scholes was good tonight

Freduardo

Hargreaves was not anywhere near as bad as is being made out. But his style is not enough at United. He is a big factor in us playing bitty football because he takes to long to release the ball and even then it is not an incisive pass.

Agreed completely.

noodlehair

"It's like..."

They would have won fairly comfortably if they hadn't bottled it after taking the lead.

They created feck all, but that's because nether team had the guts to take it to the other. We're supposed to be Manchester United, not fecking Benitez FC.

Hargreaves did next to sod all defensively. Except fouls someone on the edge of our box, and nearly cost us a goal by falling asleep at a corner

Scholesy

We should always play...A two man midfield - bar wingers -, of Carrick and either Scholes/Anderson.

Hargreaves cant play with his head up and Carrick is ten times better in the hold as he can dictate the play, Hargreaves cant do this. Im sorry but I think it was a complete waste of money.

Spot on

Sam

He adds nothing to the team, nothing at all.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I'd be very tempted to say I'd prefer Fletcher in midfield over Hargreaves. We usually concede with Hargreaves in the team, to be honest. Which is what he's meant to prevent.

Carrick and Anderson for me at present moment, Carrick and Scholes if he freshens up anytime soon.
That was a fantastic goal scored by Benzema, today. Not much you can really do about that. If I was going to be pedantic, I'd say that Rio and Vidic maybe should've closed him down a bit quicker but at the end of the day, it was a wonderful strike.

M160RA

We should always play...A two man midfield - bar wingers -, of Carrick and either Scholes/Anderson.

Hargreaves cant play with his head up and Carrick is ten times better in the hold as he can dictate the play, Hargreaves cant do this. Im sorry but I think it was a complete waste of money.
I agree about Carrick starting most of our games, because he's earned it based on his recent form.

Hargreaves may well turn out to be a waste of money, but I would question the logic of making that conclusion when he hasn't even been with us for a full season.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
So according to you we played "bitty football today? Really?

Generally, with Hargreaves in the team over Carrick, the play flows less for United. Today, the removal of Hargreaves gave United the attacking edge - that and being replaced by players with greater technical gifts.

He isn't as good as Hargreaves at it. It isn't hard to figure out. I'm wondering how Scholes got the nod ahead of Carrick instead. Looking at current form. Even though Scholes was good tonight

Scholes has been injured a long time and just needs games. Hargreaves wasn't exactly vital to our hopes today. Juninho et al were not that influential. Carrick would have sufficed.

Status
Not open for further replies.