Hargreaves vs. Carrick, Feadingseagulls vs. Noodle, Chief (Bayern Fan!) vs. Logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

He said something along the lines of Hargreaves being instrumental for us in the group stages, before someone pointed out that Hargreaves had only played like 10 minutes as a sub. :lol:
That just shows you up for the immature yellow liar idiot that you are. The Chief would never do a fabrication of the truth. You Hargreaves hater you.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
That is without doubt the stupidest thing you've ever posted. Yes even stupider than believing Hargreaves was instrumental in the groups stages, us beating Valencia and Celtic away from home, Bordeaux winning the UEFA Cup
Opposed to your inventing the notion that someone said only defenders and the keeper should defend and not the rest of the team? That our team "matured" from last season, even when that is clear bollocks? That our away record in Europe since 99 was rubbish?

and stating that anybody said strikers get paid to stop goals.

You knew what the question was and you knew where it was. I shouldn't have to post the same thing twice.
Firstly, my knowing where it was has nothing to do with me being able to answer it or not. Secondly,
My statement about strikers was obviously sarcasm, as Nucks pointed out. Which obviously escaped your simple mind. For which everything ever said must be spelt out.

It's ironic how you can attempt to call me stupid and then post such nonsense

You've been proven to be a liar so many times over. You liar you.
Rather I have been proven to be some one who makes mistakes, because it's human to, and who is not afraid of them that he owns up to them. You rather are a liar who sticks to his lies and mistakes. Even when they've been found out. On top of being a brazen coward.

Sam

That just shows you up for the immature yellow liar idiot that you are. The Chief would never do a fabrication of the truth. You Hargreaves hater you.
Shut up you immature juvenile fool. Your just a childish, blind, ignorant racist! Your also a liar, which isn't surprising given the fact that you are totally mad, aswell as being an idiotic buffoon. Your also a foolish, Blithering Idiot!

Thus rests Sam :cool:

kf

Apparently this is a Mauser 98 firing pin unit complete with safety switch and something called a cocking piece.

I thought you'ld like to know...

acnumber9

Opposed to your inventing the notion that someone said only defenders and the keeper should defend and not the rest of the team? That our team "matured" from last season, even when that is clear bollocks? That our away record in Europe since 99 was rubbish?

Firstly, my knowing where it was has nothing to do with me being able to answer it or not. Secondly,
My statement about strikers was obviously sarcasm, as Nucks pointed out. Which obviously escaped your simple mind. For which everything ever said must be spelt out.

It's ironic how you can attempt to cal me stupid and then post such nonsense

Rather I have been proven to be some one who makes mistakes, because it's human to, and who is not afraid of them that he owns up to them. You rather are a liar who sticks to his lies and mistakes. Even when they've been found out. On top being a brazen coward.
What like the whole giant robotic Roy Keane thing you mean?

Ekeke

Just to clarify the different sides of this argument :

Theres

A) The "Owen Hargreaves is awful and useless" theory, mostly supported by Mozza

B) The "Owen Hargreaves has been pants so far but might play a bit better in the future"supported by the majority of this thread. An example here would be Sam.

C) The "Owen Hargreaves has been alright like" theory supported by some including Choiboy.

And

D) The "Zidane won the Uefa cup for Bordeaux, we should let Saha leave for free, if it wasn't for Carrick we'd have won the champions league last season, Owen Hargreaves was the one player we needed to sign to win us the champions league, Owen Hargreaves' role is to protect the back four without helping them not to conceed goals (in which case, he's been amazing so far), it's not his responsibility to pass the ball to a footballer's standard and everyone is a fool. A fool! And a liar! But not me" theory supported soley by The Red Indian Spastic Chief.

acnumber9

It's ironic how you can attempt to cal me stupid and then post such nonsense

Rather I have been proven to be some one who makes mistakes, because it's human to, and who is not afraid of them that he owns up to them. You rather are a liar who sticks to his lies and mistakes. Even when they've been found out. On top being a brazen coward.
You did say it. Several times.

Our team has clearly matured just as all teams do with age and experience. You must be the only person in the world who doesn't believe so.

Our away form post 99 is not as good as it should've been, I was wrong when I said it had been shit since 99 though. It was inconsistent, some very good results coupled with some terrible ones. Sice 99 though we have won only two knockout ties away from home. You can't claim I didn't admit that I was wrong because I clearly did.

What I wasn't wrong in saying was that we hadn't won an away game in Europe for the two seasons proceeding last year.

Claiming Hargreaves was instrumental in our group win was not a mistake of forgetting something that happened several years ago (soemthing I did when saying I believed we hadn't won a tie in away to a Spanish side, forgetting our win against Deportivo) it was a blatant lie to try and prove your theory on Hargreaves correct.

Why don't you reel of my list of lies then?

kf

What like the whole giant robotic Roy Keane thing you mean?
Oh Roy Keane is a robot
A giant one at that
They built him to play football
And make Alfie’s knee go splat
He’s causing lots of agro
Within the Hargreaves thread
And if Caftards don’t stop it
We’ll all soon be brain dead

acnumber9

Shut up you immature juvenile fool. Your just a childish, blind, ignorant racist! Your also a liar, which isn't surprising given the fact that you are totally mad, aswell as being an idiotic buffoon. Your also a foolish, Blithering Idiot!

Thus rests Sam :cool:
No it is you who is all them things there. I have never been any of them things. Rather it is you who wishes I was those things but I will never be those things. You will see, perhaps when you are not so much of a yellow liar hater.

kf

Theres

B) The "Owen Hargreaves has been pants so far but might play a bit better in the future"supported by the majority of this thread. An example here would be Sam.

C) The "Owen Hargreaves has been alright like" theory supported by some including Choiboy.

And

D) The "Zidane won the Uefa cup for Bordeaux, we should let Saha leave for free, if it wasn't for Carrick we'd have won the champions league last season, Owen Hargreaves was the one player we needed to sign to win us the champions league, Owen Hargreaves' role is to protect the back four without helping them not to conceed goals (in which case, he's been amazing so far), it's not his responsibility to pass the ball to a footballer's standard and everyone is a fool. A fool! And a liar! But not me" theory supported soley by The Red Indian Spastic Chief.
:lol:

98 pages in one post!

acnumber9

Oh Roy Keane is a robot
A giant one at that
They built him to play football
And make Alfie’s knee go splat
He’s causing lots of agro
Within the Hargreaves thread
And if Caftards don’t stop it
We’ll all soon be brain dead
Excellent post.

Spot on.

Nail on head.

Thus states Andy Goram 1. :cool:

So when it's Maichael Carrick playing it's the midfielders job when Hargreaves is playing it's the defenders job. I see.
No. You see nothing. When a goal is scored because a defensive midfielder failed to stop a ran from an opposing attacking midfielder, when he had not other job to do. It's his fault.

When a goal is scored because a defender wasn't doing his job and marking a striker, yet the defensive midfielder tried his best to fill in or hard another pressing job (i,e Carrick vs Pompey was basically playing two CM roles because Scholes was so poor, hence he was caught upfield when Pompey it us with a sucker punch on the counter). It isn't his fault.

Thus, my argument stays the same even if you switched the names around

So you agree that a midfielder could be responsible for stopping a goal?
Ocassionally yes. Unlike you who says it is his job on a pitch 24/7

So if Michael Carrick was marking say Dirk Kuyt on Sunday and he scored. Who's responsibility would it be?
The defence. What the feck would Carrick/whoever be doing marking a striker during a corner? With 2 center backs on pitch?

He said something along the lines of Hargreaves being instrumental for us in the group stages, before someone pointed out that Hargreaves had only played like 10 minutes as a sub. :lol:
Something he admitted to openly. Without any fear. Making one wonder why it is still an issue being brought up in a thread in which it hasn't been redone.

Watch the video again. Hargreaves follows the ball towards Adebayor when Vidic was still beside him leaving Fabregas alone to run into the box. Vidic then goes on to make the same mistake allowing Adebayor to run in behind him. Hargreaves rightly then tracked Adebayor's run before VDS went a bit crazy. Wes Brown was nowhere near close enough to intercept.
You are right. I've watched it again. I should have instead said Wes Brown should have gone to mark Fabregas who was in his sights, totally unmarked, before Sagna cut it back to the open Spaniard. Wes was best placed to prevent that goal.

Sam

No it is you who is all them things there. I have never been any of them things. Rather it is you who wishes I was those things but I will never be those things. You will see, perhaps when you are not so much of a yellow liar hater.
It's not my fault that you are to immature to accept that you are those things. I can admit if I am wrong without any fear, you can't.

acnumber9

No. You see nothing. When a goal is scored because a defensive midfielder failed to stop a ran from an opposing attacking midfielder, when he had not other job to do. It's his fault.

When a goal is scored because a defender wasn't doing his job and marking a striker, yet the defensive midfielder tried his best to fill in or hard another pressing job (i,e Carrick vs Pompey was basically playing two CM roles because Scholes was so poor, hence he was caught upfield when Pompey it us with a sucker punch on the counter). It isn't his fault.

The defence. What the feck would Carrick/whoever be doing marking a striker during a corner? With 2 center backs on pitch?
You still don't quite get it regarding the Porstmouth match do you? Vidic, Ferdinand and Carrick all went up for a set piece, I think it was a free kick, Nani floated it straight into the keepers arms. James then instantly kicked it up the other end of the pitch.

Do you care to quote where I said it was his job '24/7'?

Perhaps because strikers are not always the main threat from set pieces and we only have two centre backs. If you were lining up against United this weekend would you have your defenders marking Rooney and Tevez or Vidic and Ferdinand?

I am fully aware of that. .
If you were you wouldn't post this below:

I have merely said time and time again that if the rest of the team did not contribute defensively then we would concede bagfuls. No matter how good your defence is if they are offered no protection they will concede.
Which has no relevance to what I said.

acnumber9

You are right. I've watched it again. I should have instead said Wes Brown should have gone to mark Fabregas who was in his sights, totally unmarked, before Sagna cut it back to the open Spaniard. Wes was best placed to prevent that goal.
Not really because Ferdinand had that situation covered until Van der Sar went loco. Rio was best placed to deal with Fabregas. However he felt compelled to drop onto the line as we no longer had a keeper.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Monty Python my arse. You are fooling no one. You clearly mentioned Hitler Himself. Hence your comparing of trivial things like support for a footballer to being like Hitler shows a blatant disregard of what Hitler was and represented to people like the Jews. In short you don't think it important at all what he was to them. So you can joke about it. Meaning you most likely think them sub human. Because what happened to them for you is something to joke about. You do the math and place yourself in your description list appropriately. I don't need to.
:rolleyes:

You really are making yourself look stupid.

The Monty Python team dressed up as Hitler and Himmler. John Cleese did the Hitler impression in Fawlty Towers. Father Ted was seen standing at a window looking like Adolph Hitler.

Are all these racist? Do all these comedians think Jews are subhuman?

If I were to joke, for example, that my wife was once again cooking with her Nazi recipies, y’know, chicken Himmler, would that mean I was racist and thought the Jews were subhuman? :confused:
Rather you have shown just how thoughtless and crass you are. Those comedians made fun of Hitler. Just like if you came out with that Himmler thing, you'd be making fun of Himmler.
Those comedian made fun of Hitler and co.

However you did none of that. You equated people's support for Hargreaves as behaving like Hitler. You infact called them Hitler. By the mere fact you can dare to equate something as trivial as being a supporter of a footballer, to what Hitler was, stood for and how he behaved, means you don't see what all the fuss was about Hitler. In your book he was just a mere joke. Meaning what he did to people like the Jews must have been a fecking joke to you too. Meaning you lack respect for them or what the went through. It aint rocket science. If that not what you intend it hight time you appolgised or back tracked on your actions. Other wise you just prove all the more what a racist scum you are.
"Racist scum". :rolleyes: You ever been to Birkenhau mate? You should, it would open your juvenile eyes.

I was taking the piss out of your position (and IK and Nucks) in this argument. It was a joke. Only you got all upset about it and started throwing your toys out of the pram.

A bit like this one in fact - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nh7gm4jj6c

So what about the joke about chicken Himmler then? A man who has the blood of millions of innocent people on his hands? Is that not trivialising?
"Racist scum". :rolleyes: You ever been to Birkenhau mate? You should, it would open your juvenile eyes.

I was taking the piss out of your position (and IK and Nucks) in this argument. It was a joke.[ /quote] A fecking poor one at that. In severely bad taste Instead of realizing that all you are doing is justifying a classless act all the more.
Of course, he's trivilising Hitler's genocide and in doing so making fun of the Jews. Swivel-eyed loon that he is. :D

Or alternatively Two-Teams might just not have developed the critical skills necessary to function in debates. He'll learn it when he leaves home I suspect.
This was interesting.

Theres

And

I agree with this, and possibly would favour option B).

Theres

And

E: Ekekes' famous fabrications:

1. Owen Hargreaves' role is to protect the back four without helping them not to concede goals

2. it's not his responsibility to pass the ball to a footballer's standard

3. Everyone is a fool. A fool! And a liar! But not me" theory supported The Red Indian Spastic Chief ( who doesn't even exist:houllier:)

4. Torres is weaker than Tevez and Rooney

5. Torres is the same player as Rooney

6. The chief insisted Saha had to be sold in January for free. Even on the day we received a 7 figure bid

7. Hargreaves doesn't pass the ball like a footballer or to a footballers standard.

Chapster

\

Rather you were suing your own logic. The logic that led you to believe I said only defenders and the keeper defend. The same logic that tells you because Hargreaves goes after Adebayor, it suddenly becomes his job to have been marking him all along. .

No you're not. You're instead pointing out yours. Your post above on applies if I had said defender and the keeper are the only ones who defend. I instead I said the responsibility for stopping goals is theirs alone. Wes Brown's failure to get the ball before Fabregas, proved it all the more. Without that error. There wouldn't have been an Arsenal goal. Without Vidic being AWOL, Adebayor's run would never have been dangerous. And no one would be discussing how Hargreaves allegedly "Let go his man"
GOD THIS THING DEVELOPS WHEN YOU SLEEP!
4 pages of drivel to read but I'll answer this one

Chief
your logic in defending hargraeves
- adebayor is a striker
- main job of defenders is to mark up strikers (at least central defenders)

I agree wit this

by your logic
- central midfielders should be marking their opposition central midfielders

hence hargraeves should have been on fabregas.

now you are going to argue but hargraeves was covering adebayor. That's exactly our argument. He was covering adebayor and should have anticipated and tracked his run rather than react only when adebayor was past him.

anyway
having watched the video again

about 1:30 minutes in you see fabregas' goal

Hargraeves is guilty of following the ball. he for some reason is in the attacking half right on the sideline, allowing fabregas to befree
does well to catch him.
fabregas passes it on
hargraeves follows the ball and leaves fabregas to run

agree with yu chief that brown was very much at fault as well but to say it was only brown's fault is wrong. there were cock ups all around and hargraeves was most definitely involed with that

Sam

Theres

And

But I hate Hargreaves with a passion. :confused:

You still don't quite get it regarding the Porstmouth match do you? Vidic, Ferdinand and Carrick all went up for a set piece, I think it was a free kick, Nani floated it straight into the keepers arms. James then instantly kicked it up the other end of the pitch.
Fine, my mistake, if it really was a freekick. So they were right to all go forward and leave just Anderson and Rooney, a AM and a striker, as the only men behind defending our goal, in your opinion? We should instead blame Anderson and Rooney' who' s natural roles isn't to defend the keeper?

Do you care to quote where I said it was his job '24/7'?
:rolleyes:Not this bullshit again.:rolleyes: Must every fecking thing be spelt out for you? You do not know when you basically implied merely tracking a player gives you the same responsibility as a back four + keeper, who's chief role on pitch is to directly stop goals? Because you said stopping goals = defending? I have to fecking dig it up for you? Like you don't know what you said?

Perhaps because strikers are not always the main threat from set pieces and we only have two centre backs. If you were lining up against United this weekend would you have your defenders marking Rooney and Tevez or Vidic and Ferdinand?
They would mark the aerial threat. Which would come from Ronaldo, Vidic and Ferdinand. Yet seemingly would rather prefer our defenders mark Skertel and Hyypia, leaving the likes of Torres and Kuyt, both very good in the air, to people like Carrick

Wes

Theres

A) The "Owen Hargreaves is awful and useless" theory, mostly supported by Mozza.
:DMozza's a good lad and knows his football better than 99% of the posters on here, but thats an extremely pessimistic view

B) The "Owen Hargreaves has been pants so far but might play a bit better in the future"supported by the majority of this thread. An example here would be Sam..
meh

C) The "Owen Hargreaves has been alright like" theory supported by some including Choiboy..
:lol::lol: This coming from the cnut with 'Carrick>Hargreaves' under his name. I like jokes.

And

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Fantastic analysis there. Class!!

Chapster

dammit ac beat me to it
but i already took the trouble to hit quote

chief. you are seriously showing some blindspots now.

teams do not line up man for man in set pieces.

rather it is generally determined by height andperceived threat in a set piece situation.

So for example, when rio and vidic go up you can be sure as hell the oppositions defenders will be defending those two as they are the main set piece threat.

anyway this is a tangent as the main goal in question was in open play

acnumber9

Fine, my mistake, if it really was a freekick. So they were right to all go forward and leave just Anderson and Rooney, a AM and a striker, as the only men behind defending our goal, in your opinion? We should instead blame Anderson and Rooney' who' s natural roles isn't to defend the keeper?

:rolleyes:No this bullshit again.:rolleyes: Must very fecking thing be spelt out for you? You do not know when you basically implied merely tracking a player gives you the same responsibility as a back four + keeper, who's chief role on pitch is to directly stop goals? Because you said stopping goals = defending? I have to fecking dig it up for you? Like you don't know what you said?

They would mark the aerial threat. Which would come from Ronaldo, Vidic and Ferdinand. Yet seemingly would rather prefer our defenders mark Skertel and Hyypia, leaving the likes of Torres and Kuyt, both very good in the air, to people like Carrick
It was a free kick. They were right to all go up in my opinion, also seemingly in the managers. That may have been a mistake with hindsight but as they are our main threats from set pieces, as you have already agreed, not sending them up for a set piece when we are desperate for a goal would be plain stupid. All that is no excuse for Rooney's rush of blood that cost us the penalty.

I didn't say it was their job 24/7 merely it was their job to help throughout the match. The same way they are there to help create goals. You are the one attributing that to me.

So the marking of our two strikers would then be left to somebody other than your own centre backs then?

Watch the game on Sunday and see who marks who. I would hazard a guess Hyppia is more of a threat from corners than Kuyt. I may very well be wrong. it was a hypothetical scenario. It was you who mentioned Torres,not me. He will almost certainly be marked by one of our two centre backs.

Ekeke

But I hate Hargreaves with a passion. :confused:
Me too :smirk: That's why I lied. I'm not the Chief remember, I'm a liar and a fool. I mean, I don't even remember Zidane leading Bordeaux to a Uefa cup win... So I must be a liar. Oh, and a fool.

Sam

Me too :smirk: That's why I lied. I'm not the Chief remember, I'm a liar and a fool. I mean, I don't even remember Zidane leading Bordeaux to a Uefa cup win... So I must be a liar. Oh, and a fool.
And a racist Buffoon, or is that me ?

I get so confused. It must be my age.

GOD THIS THING DEVELOPS WHEN YOU SLEEP!
4 pages of drivel to read but I'll answer this one

Chief
your logic in defending hargraeves
- adebayor is a striker
- main job of defenders is to mark up strikers (at least central defenders)

I agree wit this

by your logic
- central midfielders should be marking their opposition central midfielders

hence hargraeves should have been on fabregas.

now you are going to argue but hargraeves was covering adebayor. That's exactly our argument. He was covering adebayor and should have anticipated and tracked his run rather than react only when adebayor was past him.
It isn't his job. His job is to track the ball, since hsi a ball winner, and Fabregas, since he is the shield of the defence. Instead he gets dragged into going with Adebayor, after he passes him, because Vdic isn't doing his job, which leaves us open to what caused the goal. Fabregas umarked. The basis of my argument. Even if Hargreaves had tracked Adebayor, Fabregas would still have been free to score. People don't realize the problems all start when Hargreaves is dragged from the position he is in, where he has an eye on the ball and is near enough to track any run Fabregas can make from midfield. Due to Vidic going missing and not being there to mark his man. people seem to want Hargreaves to have been keeping and eye on Fabregas and the possible trajectory of the ball from the wing, ball, the bread and butter of his job that he should be concentrating on, yet still have time to track back Adebayor immediately, who is only free due to Vidic's horrendous mistake. Which Hargreaves is not supposed to anticipate in the first place.

agree with yu chief that brown was very much at fault as well but to say it was only brown's fault is wrong. there were cock ups all around and hargraeves was most definitely involed with that
But it is Brown's fault we concede! Because he is ball watching Fabregas remains unmarked, to receive a pass from Sagna. Right infront of him! And what is in dispute is not how many people we should blame. But what actuall caused the goal. Which was Vidic not marking Adebayor, thus pulling Hargreaves out of position and Wes Brown not marking Fabrgas which directly caused the goal.

Not really because Ferdinand had that situation covered until Van der Sar went loco. Rio was best placed to deal with Fabregas. However he felt compelled to drop onto the line as we no longer had a keeper.
Which is why Wes should have covered him and taken up marking the open Fabregas. Which he sadly didn't do. It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.