Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

Brightonian

I'm not saying I wouldn't love to have Harry Kane on the pitch for us, but you don't pay whatever obscene fee we would have to pay for him to get the wrong kind of forward. Cavani is showing us exactly what we need. Someone looking to make runs over and over again, to get on the end of balls forward, to stay high up the pitch and get in the box at every opportunity. Energetic, pacy, a fox in the box. Kane is more like Bruno than Cavani.

lex talionis

IF we’re willing to spend 120m on Harry, we might as well spend the 130m it will take to bring in Erling.

But if we can keep Cavani and develop Greenwood at CF, then bring in Sancho and Rice.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I'm not saying I wouldn't love to have Harry Kane on the pitch for us, but you don't pay whatever obscene fee we would have to pay for him to get the wrong kind of forward. Cavani is showing us exactly what we need. Someone looking to make runs over and over again, to get on the end of balls forward, to stay high up the pitch and get in the box at every opportunity. Energetic, pacy, a fox in the box. Kane is more like Bruno than Cavani.
Only, he assists and scores more than both. I feel so sorry for Harry, he was a one season wonder for 4 seasons, then after that he's an injury prone clogger who was never as good as his one season wonder years, FFS.

RUCK4444

IF we’re willing to spend 120m on Harry, we might as well spend the 130m it will take to bring in Erling.

But if we can keep Cavani and develop Greenwood at CF, then bring in Sancho and Rice.
Depends on whether Erling wants to come here though doesn’t it.

If we bid for Kane then it’s obvious Erling to United isn’t a possibility.

To be honest, if I had to bet my house, I would probably still lean towards Kane out scoring Haaland in the PL. Due him being PL proven and obviously an elite level striker in his own right.

Also Erling might come here and feck off after two seasons anyway.

red thru&thru

I have thought about this, right now your clubs situation is a bit of an unknown. For me Harry would only leave for a chance to win major honours, currently that's not a guarantee with United. I will be honest if Harry wants to leave, the fee isn't really my concern. I want him to stay till he retires, but if he leaves for £1 id still respect him.
Fair play. Clearly Harry would leave with a heavy heart, however, good to see that the Spurs fans wouldn't begrudge him of his move.

But yes, he's better off at City if he wants guaranteed silverware...which of course he would.

cyberman

I have thought about this, right now your clubs situation is a bit of an unknown. For me Harry would only leave for a chance to win major honours, currently that's not a guarantee with United. I will be honest if Harry wants to leave, the fee isn't really my concern. I want him to stay till he retires, but if he leaves for £1 id still respect him.
Kane guatentees trophies at Utd. If not he was overrated and not worth the fee.
Look at 34 year old Cavani at Utd ffs. 14 goals in 18 starts now so imagaine Kane in his role.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Kane guatentees trophies at Utd. If not he was overrated and not worth the fee.
Look at 34 year old Cavani at Utd ffs. 14 goals in 18 starts now so imagaine Kane in his role.
Which one is it? If Kane ended up with United I honestly wouldn't be past myself, but what I bolded in your post doesn't make sense. You seem to have one ball on either side of the fence,

cyberman

Which one is it? If Kane ended up with United I honestly wouldn't be past myself, but what I bolded in your post doesn't make sense. You seem to have one ball on either side of the fence,
If Kane doesnt see hinself moving to Utd as guarenteed success then he isnt as good as people say he is. We are now incredibley hard to beat but arent a defensive side. Add in Kane and we should turn a shit load of draws into wins that has us seriously up there with City. If Cavani were 28 we would be EPL champions imo never mind having Harry Kane up top.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
They won't. Thankfully Haaland and his daddy have a big fetish for Spanish teams, so he is as good as already a Real Madrid player, unless somebody fecks up in a major way. But yes - if Haaland came to EPL, we'd be screwed with or without Kane.
I think you are exaggerating with that. Everything seems to indicate that he ultimately sees the Premier League as his preferred league. His father played in England and he himself was born there. Everybody in his country prefers the PL. He himself has said his footballing dream is to win the PL, albeit with Leeds which obviously won't happen so he'll have to 'accept' doing it with one of the other top teams. People who have played with him have talked about him wanting to play in England.

The main thing is that he seems to want to play in and win multiple leagues in different countries, so nobody knows what order he's going to do that in. He might prefer to go to Spain first and win that before then coming to England in a few years when he should be approaching his prime and is even better. In fact I think that might have been his preferred option, but with the financial issues they just might not be an option if he wants to leave now rather than wait another 12 months for his clause. Either way I'd hardly class it as having a 'big fetish for Spanish teams'.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Why buy Erling when Mino will just push to move him on in 24 months?

Brightonian

Only, he assists and scores more than both. I feel so sorry for Harry, he was a one season wonder for 4 seasons, then after that he's an injury prone clogger who was never as good as his one season wonder years, FFS.
I never said any of the above. Find a poster who you actually disagree with to rant at. I said he's a phenomenal player who I would obviously love to have. I also said if you're going to spend £100m plus don't do it on a player who is not appropriate for the role you're trying to fill.

Spurs posters on here...

cyberman

He actually looks disinterested now. His head must be elsewhere

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He actually looks disinterested now. His head must be elsewhere
Can you blame him when he has a caretaker coach, team mates who can’t be arsed anymore and owners who also don’t give a flying feck

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Hopefully he realizes soon he's wasting his career there.

We should be all in if there's a chance to get him. Imagine an upgrade on Cavani...

cyberman

Can you blame him when he has a caretaker coach, team mates who can’t be arsed anymore and owners who also don’t give a flying feck
Its a new low though. Normally hes running about demanding the ball as he chases the golden boot as the season ends. Theres none of that, its just acceptance.

tjb

Kane would fit more than Cavani actually. It would mean we don't need to sign a Sancho as him dropping deep works well with Rashford/Greenwood. In additon, Bruno likes to make those runs from deep too, so at time's Kane can take up some creative duties, whilst Bruno ventures higher.

My main concern is the injuries with the age. Is it really worth it signing a player who has injury spells every season for 100m plus. It's not really his age that concerns me, but rather the consistent injuries he has accumulated over the years. It's a lot of money that could be dished out on a player that could slow down quickly. However, I've never been a proponent of just signing a player with a decade in mind. Personally, a good transfer is one that can give you 3 to 4 seasons of good performances.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If Cavani decides to stay, I would rather sign Sancho and pass on Kane. Not a popular opinion but I just love how Cavani seamlessly fits in our team. Kane is playing way too deep these days.

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
Where would he go if he were to leave Spurs?
He should go to Chelsea. Wouldn't even have to move :D.

But seriously, even if Kane asks for a move, I can't see Levi selling him to another EPL club. Then again, this would be the ideal time for Spurs to cash in on him, he's 28 in the summer and Tottenham needs to rebuild.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I know that in a long run and shit like that Haaland is best option but between those two i would pick Harry any day. IF his price will be under 100 mil, we should go all for him. If thst means spending entire budget then fine. Amazing striker

theklr

Levy will defo give a discount to PSG to stop him going to an english side. Done it before

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Levy will defo give a discount to PSG to stop him going to an english side. Done it before
I doubt Psg consider him. They will invest hugely in Neymar and Mbappe contracts plus attack is last area where they need new players.
If he leaves it is City or by some miracle United

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
It still confuses me why he agreed to the last contract he did. Kane and Son wasting what remains of their prime away. Feck knows what they must think having to sit through a Ryan Mason half-time team talk.

Red_toad

Haalands wage demands are reported as being huge, 600k a week would smash our wage structure. I'd say that alone would end our interest.

theklr

It still confuses me why he agreed to the last contract he did. Kane and Son wasting what remains of their prime away. Feck knows what they must think having to sit through a Ryan Mason half-time team talk.
Werent Spurs consistently in top 4 when he signed ?

Loon

:lol:
I have had a couple of people who claim to know people say this is happening. That has got to be bollocks, right? Daniel Levy?

I am not an ITK nor do I claim to be. I even told the people concerned (Journalism) they're full of it.

InfiniteBoredom

I know that in a long run and shit like that Haaland is best option but between those two i would pick Harry any day. IF his price will be under 100 mil, we should go all for him. If thst means spending entire budget then fine. Amazing striker
What if his ankle breaks down again after 1 game?

Even in normal time it would be a huge risk. During COVID time it’s utter lunacy. Sanchez transfer will look like a good deal compare to the fallout.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Werent Spurs consistently in top 4 when he signed ?
Yup and they'd just lost the CL final.

But the sped at which it unravelled the following season was insane. There must have been stirrings the summer he re-signed (July 2019).

lex talionis

Depends on whether Erling wants to come here though doesn’t it.

If we bid for Kane then it’s obvious Erling to United isn’t a possibility.

To be honest, if I had to bet my house, I would probably still lean towards Kane out scoring Haaland in the PL. Due him being PL proven and obviously an elite level striker in his own right.

Also Erling might come here and feck off after two seasons anyway.
Erling definitely has to want to come to OT for such talk to be relevant.

But all things being equal, I see Erling being a much better fit for us than Harry. However, I can’t prove that claim to be true and I won’t deny that Kane would be a massive upgrade on Martial, whose workrate is bey
Haalands wage demands are reported as being huge, 600k a week would smash our wage structure. I'd say that alone would end our interest.
There’s no chance anyone will pay 600k/week, but this whole discussion is moot anyway because of the massive amounts whatever they may be it would take to bring Erling to OT. I’m ok with that. We need to spend huge sums to compete with City, but we can’t spend crazy huge sums.