Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Just can't see kane signing for a PL side. As Spurs fans keep saying, he's one of their own, a Spurs fan - and like David Beckham at United will go abroad rather than face the club he loves in the PL. I'd guess Real Madrid bu possibly Barca. If he went to Bayern and played alongside Lewandowski, they'd score about 150 goals a season!!

C'est Moi Cantona

If hypothetically Martial were to be moved on either as part of a deal for Kane or Haaland or sold in general then we’d be left with only Greenwood as back up so again hypothetically if we signed Kane then having Cavani as a third option if Kane or Greenwood were injured makes sense and on a one year deal.
I'm not disputiung that would be great, but there is no way United are going to go for that luxury option, even if Cavani left then it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't sign a striker, I could see us just going down the RW route for attackers instead. If Martial goes then it'd be more likely imo.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Why is this? I thought, for us, our ticket sales are a relatively small part of our revenue. TV money presumably remains the same, as do our commercial sales and I can’t see why merchandising would fall off significantly. I haven’t looked into it but I’d be interested if anyone can explain. Am I just massively understating the importance of match day revenue?
Like has already been said we have lost around £150 million due to thier being no games in old Trafford.
Plus their will have been effects on our commercial sales, no over seas summer tours for two years, they generate a load of cash. I would suspect commercial sales will be down as well as the economy around the world is suffering.
If we have lost less that 200 million due to this I would be utterly shocked.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Just can't see kane signing for a PL side. As Spurs fans keep saying, he's one of their own, a Spurs fan - and like David Beckham at United will go abroad rather than face the club he loves in the PL. I'd guess Real Madrid bu possibly Barca. If he went to Bayern and played alongside Lewandowski, they'd score about 150 goals a season!!
I am the opposite I don't see him going abroad at all.
City or Staying at Spurs.
As City have no money :nervous: he'll probably stay at Spurs.

Winning trophies is what players should want but he hardly grew up wanting to win La Lisa or the Bundesliga.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Will be priced out of a move immediately if the numbers being quoted are correct. No one is going to have that much to spend on someone with 3-4 peak years left in them.

He fecked it by not leaving sooner. Should have left after Spurs lost out on the title to Leicester/their UCL final. He's probably realizing what an afterthought he's going to end up being to anyone other than Spurs fans at this rate.

Jericholyte2

He must have surely looked at us in that second half thinking he fancies a bit of that.

T_Model101

Likely won't even be in Europe next season if he stays at Spurs. His only hope is the conference league if they someone pull something off in the League Cup final

C'est Moi Cantona

No one is paying what people think he's worth, espcially this summer,

If we went for him then it'd be players + cash, and if Jose stays, which is likely as I doubt Spurs can afford to sack him, then Bailly and Lingard could be tempting maybe.

red thru&thru

Indeed! Roy was unusually cheeky with that comment. And Roy is not kind of a person that implies such thing without knowing something.
Yeah, that was what I was thinking. Yes City makes sense for certain trophies, but Keane was very assertive in saying United are still a big pull.

Nick7

I don’t think there’s a chance anyone will pay the money Levy will ask for.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Kane loves Spurs, and is leaving for trophies rather than money. Truth of the matter is, going to United is absolutely no guarantee of that. I'd be very surprised if he ended up here.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
If Kane really agitates for a move then Levy's bargaining power will be significantly worsened.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
In all seriousness Levy will price him out of a move, Kane might want to leave and Levy may well grant the request due to what Kane's done for Spurs but he won't give him away and let's be clear in a non Covid environment Kane's a £150-200m player and it shouldn't be expected that Levy should sell him for less just because of Covid

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm hoping Kane had a gentleman's agreement when he signed his contract that if certain scenario were to occur (no Europe qualification or no trophies after a few years), then Levy would let him go at an acceptable fee.

Very far fetched but that's the only scenario where I can understand Kane's reasoning to sign a new 6 year deal :lol:

red thru&thru

Business wise, this may make sense for Spurs to sell. Take out all the emotions and other depreciating assets in regards to players, as Jamie Redknapp was saying, plus the loss of revenue due to Covid, they are not going to get the same type of money again for Kane after this summer.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
I think Spurs are probably struggling more than most from the pandemic, with the highly leveraged new stadium.

If they miss CL and have to pay-off Mourinho they may be their most willing to sell an asset.

largelyworried

Depends if Kane pushes to go. I don’t think he can keep Kane there against his will when he can’t offer Champions League or any realistic prospect of league success. If he does push to leave, a compromise can always be found.

SwedishFish

Business wise, this may make sense for Spurs to sell. Take out all the emotions and other depreciating assets in regards to players, as Jamie Redknapp was saying, plus the loss of revenue due to Covid, they are not going to get the same type of money again for Kane after this summer.
This.

They are hurt and in need of rebuilding the squad. This is not the start of the Spurs rebuilding project, they've just been trying to patch it up.

It's time to actually take it apart and start with something new. The money generated from selling Kane will give them a good platform to do so and to get players in to help them get top 4 again.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Personally I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, spends half the season injured

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If he was 3 years younger he would be worth 100 million+, but that for a player that turns 28 in a couple of months? Not for me
Would you have paid that for Lewandowski 4 years ago?

DSG

At what price point would you bring him in to United?

70m? I see that as the over/under mark. I would seriously consider at that price point and all of the know issues -- injuries, he's almost 28... But when healthy, he is elite and continues to improve all parts of his game.

Woodzy

Personally I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, spends half the season injured
People said similar about RVP before we signed him.

Completely different amounts of money involved I know, but the exact same sort of signing.

kidbob

The lad is obviously incredible and he'd instantly make us contenders for me. But question, has he ever been good against us? We seem almost a voodoo team for him or does he struggle in big games overall?

AgentSmith

Would you have paid that for Lewandowski 4 years ago?
Lewandowski’s a different player physically. He’s missed about 3 months of football in those 4 years due to injury.

Kane’s missed over 8 months in the same period despite being 5 years younger. It’s a tougher call for him than it would have been for Lewandowski.

Still definitely would do it though, Kane’s stupidly good.

People said similar about RVP before we signed him.

Completely different amounts of money involved I know, but the exact same sort of signing.
RVP is interesting though. One great season, then two poor ones and a nominal transfer fee. Clearly it was worth it for that one title, but it’s arguable how successful a transfer he was.

AgentSmith

RVP is interesting though. One great season, then two poor ones and a nominal transfer fee. Clearly it was worth it for that one title, but it’s arguable how successful a transfer he was.
I think it’s a pretty safe bet that it would have been more than one great season if Ferguson hadn’t left.

cyberman

Lewandowski’s a different player physically. He’s missed about 3 months of football in those 4 years due to injury.

Kane’s missed over 8 months in the same period despite being 5 years younger. It’s a tougher call for him than it would have been for Lewandowski.

Still definitely would do it though, Kane’s stupidly good.
Kane would have added 3 months more if not for lockdown