Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

OmarUnited4ever

Got 3 years left on his contract, so Levy will surely make it impossible for Kane to leave.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Can see him replacing Aguero as City’s excellent-but-frustratingly-injured-a-lot centre-forward if this happens to be true.

I’d love him here, mind, but (a) he’d probably cost our entire summer budget, and (b) see paragraph one above.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If he does leave I can only see him going to City. I feel that Levy would prefer to sell him to them than us, and if Kane moves at this stage of his career it'll be to try to get almost guaranteed trophies so he'd probably prefer them as well. Also, unlike Haaland who I've always felt would be a strange fit, Kane would be perfect for Pep and City.

Giggsyking

I would prefer Haaland because he is younger. Otherwise we would be lucky if he comes to united.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
If he does leave I can only see him going to City. I feel that Levy would prefer to sell him to them than us, and if Kane moves at this stage of his career it'll be to try to get almost guaranteed trophies so he'd probably prefer them as well. Also, unlike Haaland who I've always felt would be a strange fit, Kane would be perfect for Pep and City.
Levy will prefer to sell to the party who offers more money.

Kane would elevate this United side into genuine title contention, there’s no question about that.

gajender

Got 3 years left on his contract, so Levy will surely make it impossible for Kane to leave.
If Levy is as smart of a businessman as some of the Tottenham supporters believe him to be and he truly himself is a fan then he would do right by Tottenham and sell Kane if he really wants to go because Kane value would only go down from here .
Get young upcoming manager and reinvest in the squad that would be the best outcome for Tottenham no point in keeping an unhappy player and let him leave for less money or free if he doesn't sign a new contract.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Would Real not be in the running here?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Already scored 24 goals and 15 assists this season, top both goalscoring and assist chart in England.

I know everyone wants Haaland because he is younger and unstoppable in front of goals, but Kane is more all rounded and is a better player. And if we signed him, he has very higher chance staying here until he is done. Haaland, though, you just know he will be looking for another move again couple of years later.

cyberman

If he comes to Utd its guarenteed trophies. Kane, up top for us would make us the best side in the league

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I think whoever signs him will want the no.9 version and not the quasi no.10 he’s been playing for Mourinho over the last twelve months. We have Fernandes, Pogba and van de Beek for that role in the team and Kane would be acquired simply to operate within the penalty area. Ditto with City and the array of attacking midfielders they have to operate in that space.

There’s little doubt we’d go very, very close to winning the title with him on the end of Fernandes and Pogba’s creativity. It would be a devastating attacking threat arguably unmatched in England, if not Europe.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I'd love him here. He's what we needed 4-5 years ago really.
Money wise. It would cost a lot, but ya know, I'm to the point were I'd rather it be on the pitch than in the CEOs pocket

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
There is no guarantee that Haaland will stay without a fuss even if he comes here - the resale value won't be what we think it will be, and the player might not be completely committed with the agent he has.

Taking loyalty, commitment and immediate elevation of status and level, even if Kane is available at even a slightly higher price, we should be all in for him as first choice.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Would be absolutely perfect for City.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I know it’d never happen like this — but I’d take Kane as our sole signing, if it was between just Kane or the 2/3 first team level signings we’ll probably make. Rather that than another young CB who you haven’t the foggiest will hit the ground running and comprehensively be better than what we have; a DM who many have question marks over etc etc.

Bearded One

I’d be happy if we got him or Haaland but I’d take Haaland over him for two reasons namely, his recent injury record has not been great then Haaland is younger.

OmarUnited4ever

If Levy is as smart of a businessman as some of the Tottenham supporters believe him to be and he truly himself is a fan then he would do right by Tottenham and sell Kane if he really wants to go because Kane value would only go down from here .
Get young upcoming manager and reinvest in the squad that would be the best outcome for Tottenham no point in keeping an unhappy player and let him leave for less money or free if he doesn't sign a new contract.
Kane is the best striker in England, and at this moment he is at least in the top 3 of out an out strikers in Europe alongside Lewandowski & Benzema, and Kane is younger, a player of such caliber cannot be sold unless the club has no choice but to sell (like contract expiring soon or player handed in transfer request and a buying club stumped up the fee).

if spurs want to attempt to get top 4 spot next season, then they must keep Kane, if Kane goes, they'll have no chance of getting top 4 and they'd be better of starting a new rebuild project which god knows how long it'll take them.

So for now, Levy is in a strong position and he can keep Kane for at least another year with no risks, unless Kane hands in a transfer request or publicly state that he wants to leave, Levy has no reason to sell him.

RkkMan

I would happily cut costs in other positions and put all our money from sales(Bailly, Dalot, Pereira, Lingard can all generate £60-70m in sales) to finance a deal for Kane like at CB I'd go for Milenkovic for £15-20m instead of a Varane/Torres, a free transfer for a back up GK like Romero and Laird as our back up to AWB instead of going for Aarons/Trippier. He's too good a ST to not go hard for

CM10

Obviously a great player but just can't see this being worthwhile for us. Over £100m on a player with such a narrow window to propel us towards a Premier League or Champions League (which are the only outcomes which justify that kind of outlay) doesn't seem sensible.

I also don't think the club will be throwing that sort of money around this summer. As an aside, Kane is spending less and less time inside the penalty area, though that might be a consequence of Mourinho teams never getting the ball that far up the pitch.

sherrinford

I think whoever signs him will want the no.9 version and not the quasi no.10 he’s been playing for Mourinho over the last twelve months. We have Fernandes, Pogba and van de Beek for that role in the team and Kane would be acquired simply to operate within the penalty area. Ditto with City and the array of attacking midfielders they have to operate in that space.

There’s little doubt we’d go very, very close to winning the title with him on the end of Fernandes and Pogba’s creativity. It would be a devastating attacking threat arguably unmatched in England, if not Europe.
He naturally comes towards the ball/ wants it into his feet. Asking him to play as a 'proper' no.9 won't see him stretching the play.

I don't think he would be incompatible with any of those three or combinations of those three - Fernandes and Van de Beek move constantly and take position/ make runs based on where their teammates are and the space is, while Pogba tends to move into wider areas if/when he operates higher up the pitch.

For me, the bigger worry would be how the combination of the front three would work. Greenwood and Martial, like Kane, primarily come towards the ball, and Rashford has done an awful lot of that over the last two seasons as well. In theory, Marcus is the kind of player who should strike up a very harmonious partnership with Kane, but in reality he is far too static far too often.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Kane to City
Haaland to Spain

Sound about right? :(

slored1

Would absolutely love him here. Imagine Martial but consistent and good in the air. That's what Kane brings.

RedDevilRoshi

What’s the price Tottenham will want for him? Similar to what Dortmund will want this summer for Haaland?

The price is what is going to be the stumbling block unless a striker is the only purchase Ole wants us to make this summer?

Doracle

If we can get Kane, then we should spend all our transfer funds for the Summer on him. He is absolutely crucial. If City get him, it’s game over for any chance of winning the league for the next 5 years.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Levy has a reputation as a hard sell, but he is just as vulnerable to an unhappy player wanting out as an other executive is. Watch him put an unmatchable price on Kane's head and then watch that price crumble at the prospect of having a miserable captain and no other way to generate funds to rebuild the team

OleGunnar20

I wonder if a Martial + cash deal would get Levy interested? I'm assuming Mourinho would have to feck off before thats a possibility, but who knows in this transfer market.