Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Only, he assists and scores more than both. I feel so sorry for Harry, he was a one season wonder for 4 seasons, then after that he's an injury prone clogger who was never as good as his one season wonder years, FFS.
The word insecure springs to mind while reading this post.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I never said any of the above. Find a poster who you actually disagree with to rant at. I said he's a phenomenal player who I would obviously love to have. I also said if you're going to spend £100m plus don't do it on a player who is not appropriate for the role you're trying to fill.

Spurs posters on here...
It wasn't aimed at you.

The word insecure springs to mind while reading this post.
How can I be insecure about a footballer?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
City are on the ropes here.

Mindhunter

I am so surprised at some of the very logical folks on this forum being completely unrealistic with the Kane situation. He is absolutely going nowhere. He has written his career off by signing such a long contract with Spurs who are known to be extremely difficult with letting players go. Nobody is going to accept the ridiculous demands that Levy will have.

Also, he is the only player in the squad that upcoming managers would definitely want to work with. Get rid of him and Spurs would be shopping on the David Moyes aisle.

No way Kane is going anywhere this summer.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
No way Kane is going anywhere this summer.
I wouldn't say "no way" - but you have a point (of sorts).

People who seem to think it's a given he'll move on are jumping to conclusions.

There are too many uncertainties involved here.

croadyman

Only see him leaving if he's willing to put in a transfer request and think that's highly unlikely

Mindhunter

I wouldn't say "no way" - but you have a point (of sorts).

People who seem to think it's a given he'll move on are jumping to conclusions.

There are too many uncertainties involved here.
He may move next summer if he is willing to put in a transfer request and kick up a real storm by going on a strike.

This summer? Not a chance in hell.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Can you blame him when he has a caretaker coach, team mates who can’t be arsed anymore and owners who also don’t give a flying feck
How is it much different from any other year of being part of Spurs? He's been part of the team, for the past 8 years, that never wins any major trophy. What does it say about his mentality? You don't develop a mentality of a winner if you never win anything. It may sound unfair, but it's the reality.

At least Spurs have won the we've had Harry Kane for years trophy.
:lol: :D :lol:

Same, stick with Greenwood at no 9 with Cavani in/out as needed and give them some service via quality out wide. If not Sancho, someone of that ilk.
+1 and we still need a decent DMF, not to mention somebody who can compete with AWB for RFB. Maybe even a good attacking MFer, if Pogba leaves and DvB keeps being muted.

People are so definitive in this thread, and obviously when he moves or doesn’t move - then some of you will be proved right!

there’s a good chance he’s going to move this summer. You have City, United, arguably Chelsea who all need a striker.

they aren’t qualifying for the CL, and he’s made noises that he wants to win.

the big issue will be spurs’ unrealistic expectation of a transfer fee. COVID means clubs don’t have as much money, and Kane cannot command the fee he would have done 18 months ago.

the contract weakens Kane’s hand, but is not definitive - players don’t hand in transfer requests these days.

ive said before that I don’t think he will move, and I think it’s purely down to clubs not having the money or not having the desire to spend £100M+ in a post COVID market.

SAF is the GOAT

Imagine if Abramowitz will sign him after the current season ? bloody hell they'll be a force next season.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
How is it much different from any other year of being part of Spurs? He's been part of the team, for the past 8 years, that never wins any major trophy. What does it say about his mentality? You don't develop a mentality of a winner if you never win anything. It may sound unfair, but it's the reality.

:lol: :D :lol:

+1 and we still need a decent DMF, not to mention somebody who can compete with AWB for RFB. Maybe even a good attacking MFer, if Pogba leaves and DvB keeps being muted.
Well the Poch years at least promised hope and the early Jose reign showed signs they were on the up, brand new stadium with nice bath robes so you can’t blame Kane for believing in the project.

The decline must have disappointed him no end

NewGlory

Well the Poch years at least promised hope and the early Jose reign showed signs they were on the up, brand new stadium with nice bath robes so you can’t blame Kane for believing in the project.

The decline must have disappointed him no end
"nice bath robes" :lol: Well played, mate!

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Only, he assists and scores more than both. I feel so sorry for Harry, he was a one season wonder for 4 seasons, then after that he's an injury prone clogger who was never as good as his one season wonder years, FFS.
Bruno has 27 goals and 17 assists as a midfielder and having a much bigger impact on his team than Kane this season. It’s not even close :lol:

Cavani was involved in seven goals over two legs in a Europa League semi final against Roma.

Kane on the other hand was nowhere to be seen in the only potential trophy of the season against City. Did he even have a shot on goal?

Kane also has all the attributes that Rooney and Hazard has. Worldclass Til 30 and after that a steady decline. We can go back to this thread in 3 years time and see whos right ;)

If he moves (which he should if he wants atleast one trophy before he retires, he should move to Paris. They will pay the money Levy wants and also needs a Icardi / Kean replacement ) - Also reunite with Poch.

Last edited:

KungPaoChicken

Bruno has 27 goals and 17 assists as a midfielder and having a much bigger impact on his team than Kane this season. It’s not even close :lol:

Cavani was involved in seven goals over two legs in a Europa League semi final against Roma.

Kane on the other hand was nowhere to be seen in the only potential trophy of the season against City. Did he even have a shot on goal?

Kane also has all the attributes that Rooney and Hazard has. Worldclass Til 30 and after that a steady decline. We can go back to this thread in 3 years time and see whos right ;)

If he moves (which he should if he wants atleast one trophy before he retires, he should move to Paris. They will pay the money Levy wants and also needs a Icardi / Kean replacement ) - Also reunite with Poch.
While Bruno have been pretty amazing for the club, keep in mind that 13 of the goals are from penalties. Which kinda bumps the stats down from amazing to really good.

cyberman

While Bruno have been pretty amazing for the club, keep in mind that 13 of the goals are from penalties. Which kinda bumps the stats down from amazing to really good.
Kane takes Spurs pens as well, never mind being an actual striker to boot

KungPaoChicken

Kane have 24 goals and 16 assist in the 20/21 season if you deduct the penalty's(7 in total) compared to Brunos 14 goals and 17 assists if you deduct the 13 penalties.That said I'm pretty luke warm about the potential signing of Kane. I do feel there are better ways to spend our money. Unless it's signing Haaland i think we are okay up top with Cavani/greenwood with the martial/rashford as backups we also have a few talents in our ranks who could step in. If both greenwood and cavani are fit i expect them to start 80%+ of the games next season.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Harry has 31 goals and 16 assists :lol:.

How has Kane the same attributes as Rooney or Hazard :houllier:?

it leads to an interesting question. If United spent £100m on Kane - would he insist on taking penalties? If I was Kane, i absolutely would.

jeff_goldblum

Kane is undeniably a class act and some of the comparisons in here (Lukaku??) are daft. At Spurs at the moment he's shouldering a lot the offensive work, switching between a classic #9 and a creative second striker/#10 minute-to-minute and doing both very well. Flanked by two quick wide-forwards and with Fernandes feeding him/making runs beyond him he'd be fantastic for us. In our recent line-ups where we're using a defensive double-pivot with Pogba wide-left providing creativity he'd need to curtail his tendency to drop back and stick to being a classic #9, which would waste some of his ability, but it'd still be a marked upgrade on what we have now. Frankly I think you could play him behind someone like Greenwood when Fernandes is rested/injured and he'd be a lot better than any of our current back-ups for that position.

The problem is the contract he's signed with Spurs. With the money Kane would cost we could likely buy a less versatile striker with similar goalscoring ability and have enough left-over to get a long-term solution to one or two of our other problem areas. Maybe he's good enough to justify ignoring other areas, I guess depends on who else is available in the Summer, but I can't see us spending that much on a single player regardless.

Kane is undeniably a class act and some of the comparisons in here (Lukaku??) are daft. At Spurs at the moment he's shouldering a lot the offensive work, switching between a classic #9 and a creative second striker/#10 minute-to-minute and doing both very well. Flanked by two quick wide-forwards and with Fernandes feeding him/making runs beyond him he'd be fantastic for us. In our recent line-ups where we're using a defensive double-pivot with Pogba wide-left providing creativity he'd need to curtail his tendency to drop back and stick to being a classic #9, which would waste some of his ability, but it'd still be a marked upgrade on what we have now. Frankly I think you could play him behind someone like Greenwood when Fernandes is rested/injured and he'd be a lot better than any of our current back-ups for that position.

The problem is the contract he's signed with Spurs. With the money Kane would cost we could likely buy a less versatile striker with similar goalscoring ability and have enough left-over to get a long-term solution to one or two of our other problem areas. Maybe he's good enough to justify ignoring other areas, I guess depends on who else is available in the Summer, but I can't see us spending that much on a single player regardless.
the problem is that there are so few alternatives. If we went back 20 years ago - absolutely we could buy a striker who just scored goals, or is nowhere near as complete. The problem is, these strikers just aren’t out there.

NewGlory

it leads to an interesting question. If United spent £100m on Kane - would he insist on taking penalties? If I was Kane, i absolutely would.
He can eat shit. Bruno has the best penalty statistics of anybody ever. Why would we give it up for Kane's ego. Anyway, I hope we never have to make that decision, to begin with. Cavani is staying, if Cavani continues his current form for at least one more year, we should spend money on other positions.

Look-a-Hill

I can't think of anyone beyond Kane and Haaland that I'd want. The Cavani news is great but he's only staying 12 months, and if either are available we need to grab before someone else does. Haaland is obviously amazeballs but I get the feeling he'd want to go somewhere else after 3 years even if we did manage to get him. With Kane, I think we'd have him until his mid-30s without any fuss. We've had it recently with Cavani and Ibra where we've imagined what it would have been like if we'd got them earlier. Well this feels like the time to get Kane.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
i think cavani extending has now ruled out a striker signing for Utd.

croadyman

:lol: The hacks who come up with that are such morons.

De Gea on 375k a week and Martial on 250k a week, of course they'll be absolutely desperate to go to a mid table side and earn half as much.
Yeah can see Spurs forking out £625k a week for those two haha

crossy1686

career ending
This transfer makes no sense. Loads of money, ageing striker who's injuries are catching up with him. Daft when you consider Haaland would probably cost the same or even less next summer. Unless there's a clause in the contract that he can leave Spurs for £40m if they don't get CL football there's nothing to see here.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This transfer makes no sense. Loads of money, ageing striker who's injuries are catching up with him. Daft when you consider Haaland would probably cost the same or even less next summer. Unless there's a clause in the contract that he can leave Spurs for £40m if they don't get CL football there's nothing to see here.
Hes not injured as bad as you suggest, is playing more games compared to last season and is only 28. This post is bad on many levels.