Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

davidmichael

Hopefully yes, it’s a beautiful thing!
Not if City decide to go for Haaland next summer because he’s half the price of Kane it isn’t, I’d rather City get Kane so we get a free run of all the English clubs at Haaland.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Not if City decide to go for Haaland next summer because he’s half the price of Kane it isn’t, I’d rather City get Kane so we get a free run of all the English clubs at Haaland.
It’s a risk that’s for sure, time will tell. For Harland, I genuinely think that if he has another stellar season we’d go toe to toe with City financially.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
would agree with that, id only accpt him or Laporte but I cant see either wanting to come.
the whole deal wont happen. I dont think Levy would sell with a week and a bit to go. This is why i said City should have done the Kane deal first, not grealish

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Neville says we have to go for him to challenge for the league. I'm inclined to agree, we should go that extra mile now or we will be top 4 at best.

I'm sure some will think it's knee jerk reaction off the back of the Southampton game but I think we're a way off personally.

Leg-End

Easy to say go the extra mile, but it’s £120 million plus for them to even pick up the phone.

No chance.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Spurs can't replace him. He's not pushing hard for a move.

So virtually no chance this happens now

Remains to be seen how he plays this season.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I’m going to swim against the tide and say that he will move to City but only at the end of the window with Levy claiming a victory for his getting every penny out of City and good value for the players that he’s just brought in.

The fee probably 115m plus 25m in achievables plus 20 in unlikelies.

Poch

Supports
Spurs
I’m going to swim against the tide and say that he will move to City but only at the end of the window with Levy claiming a victory for his getting every penny out of City and good value for the players that he’s just brought in.

No where near enough, the longer they leave it the more Levy will want. Not sure it will happen now.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
"Just sign here, but if the big offer comes and you want to leave, there will be no problems"

Can't believe Levy is still successfully selling this trick to dummies.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Levy won't even consider a bid less than £150million

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
@Poch @balaks
We'll just have to see, won't we?
See you next week
You wont get him for £115m up front, the truth is, City have never been in this market before, established genuine WC proven English talent. I have no idea why you changed your usual MO this year because its worked so well for you, you went about this whole thing arse about face, signing Jack, who is not on the same level as Harry then offering the same, utter tomfoolery. I hope Harry gets his move, I have said it many times, but I dont think he will simply because City wont stump up the cash.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
You wont get him for £115m up front, the truth is, City have never been in this market before, established genuine WC proven English talent. I have no idea why you changed your usual MO this year because its worked so well for you, you went about this whole thing arse about face, signing Jack, who is not on the same level as Harry then offering the same, utter tomfoolery. I hope Harry gets his move, I have said it many times, but I dont think he will simply because City wont stump up the cash.
Grealish had a 100m release clause. We tried to lowball them and make some of the money conditional on incentives but Villa wouldn't hear of it.
If we just paid Levy's tipping point figure straight away that would tell the world that any player we buy in the future can go only for 30 pc above their true value.
Not good business sense

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Grealish had a 100m release clause. We tried to lowball them and make some of the money conditional on incentives but Villa wouldn't hear of it.
If we just paid Levy's tipping point figure straight away that would tell the world that any player we buy in the future can go only for 30 pc above their true value.
Not good business sense
Well you won't sign him then in that case.

Gums

Not good business sense
So instead you decided to tell the world that you are willing to pay 30% above value for Grealish. I don‘t see the difference between overpaying because of a stubborn managing director or because of a release clause. Both say pay up or move on. You paid up for the less important one first. That‘s not good business sense imo.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Not good business sense
NO but its what happens when your a big club with your recourses, its what you have to do to get the elite players. Its why I don't get why you have completely changed how you work the transfer market.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
NO but its what happens when your a big club with your recourses, its what you have to do to get the elite players. Its why I don't get why you have completely changed how you work the transfer market.
Don’t really understand why you care.
Pep often talks up the talent that exists in the English game and he’s done well with the acquisition of Sterling, Walker and Stones already so it’s not such a leap to target Grealish and Kane.
As for the timing of the deals, Grealish had agreed to join City before the Euros. He went on holidays immediately afterwards (Dubrovnik) and the deal was wrapped up on his return.
Kane also decided to come to City if possible several weeks ago. Anyone would know what Levy is like to deal with and if you want his star player it’s plain as day that your choices are 1) pay silly money 2) sweat it out while he gets a bunch of players in at nice prices, or 3) walk away.
We maybe listened a little too much to Harry’s numpty brother/agent but there are many similarities to the Bale to Madrid saga and I believe there will be a similar conclusion now.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
So instead you decided to tell the world that you are willing to pay 30% above value for Grealish. I don‘t see the difference between overpaying because of a stubborn managing director or because of a release clause. Both say pay up or move on. You paid up for the less important one first. That‘s not good business sense imo.
Grealish may well be fair market value at 100m, we’ll see. Sterling looked expensive when we paid 50m for him but that went OK.

We did try to get a discount on the price, didn’t just say “here you go, here’s 100m”. It didn’t happen and Villa tried to shop Jack to United and others to force City’s hand so we paid up the asking price.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Don’t really understand why you care.
Pep often talks up the talent that exists in the English game and he’s done well with the acquisition of Sterling, Walker and Stones already so it’s not such a leap to target Grealish and Kane.
As for the timing of the deals, Grealish had agreed to join City before the Euros. He went on holidays immediately afterwards (Dubrovnik) and the deal was wrapped up on his return.
Kane also decided to come to City if possible several weeks ago. Anyone would know what Levy is like to deal with and if you want his star player it’s plain as day that your choices are 1) pay silly money 2) sweat it out while he gets a bunch of players in at nice prices, or 3) walk away.
We maybe listened a little too much to Harry’s numpty brother/agent but there are many similarities to the Bale to Madrid saga and I believe there will be a similar conclusion now.
Why I care, were on a football discussion forum :lol:, would be pretty shit if we didn't discuss stuff.

None of which at the time were Anywhere close to the stature of Kane.

Bale went for a world record fee at the time, Kane will be sold at the price and terms Levy wants its that simple, I just want him gone as I have said many times. Where as Levy wont give a shit how unhappy Kane is, Kane will play after the window closes , he would be an even bigger fool than he looks right now if he doesn't.

SinNombre

So next summer will be the summer of Kane, Lewa and Haaland.

I would be fine with any of them replacing Cavani.

Zoo

Gary Neville will now be calling for him to be knighted. What a hero!