Harry Kane | "I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success."

cjj

Supports
Spurs
He'll sign for city, score bucket loads of goals and then people on here will moan that we didnt sign him and should of. He will break Alan Shearer's PL goal record no doubt. Proper striker like Cavani.
Either that or he'll just do what Teddy did - leave for United on a free (in his 30s), win some stuff, come back.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Possibly complete BS, but a school friend who now delivers sofas, etc, was delivering to a house in sale, and the guy he was delivering to claimed that Kane had bought a house a couple of doors down. I believe my mate was told this, whether this guy was just bullshitting i dont know
Bullshitting. Nobody in their right mind buys a house in Manchester without having a signed contract.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
We're not Dortmund. Why would we need to sell Kane at any point?
This, he would be the main striker at United for the next 5-6 years. Until he sort of drifted into the Cavani role of mentor, at that stage I feel he would probably want to head back to Spurs to see out his final days.
It's pretty amusing, and the epitome of 'modern fans' that they see Harry Kane - a player who by no means relies upon pace as one of his attributes, is seen as basically washed up already at 27 :D
He'll be kicking around in his 30's easily at this level
I tend to agree with this, my only caveat being his ankles, but at 27 it's a bit over the top here. It sometimes feels like on these forums people are talking about Tim Cahill coming out of retirement to play for United, not getting Harry Kane. He is not the glamour option I guess, but there is simply no arguing with his goal scoring figures which are on par with the likes of Aguero and Henry.

If United sign Kane and win the prem, is the 100mil investment worth it? Fans would say 100% yes, worth every feckin penny, accountants probably not so much.

Alemar

ST: Cavani, Martial, Greenwood
RW: Sancho, Greenwood, James, Amad
LW: Rashford, Pogba, Martial, James
AM: Bruno, Pogba
Pogba will be a starter if fit, regardless (of anything really). In what position is another question

dinostar77

Apparently Utd are still interested in Kane for this summer. They see it as this summer or never as there arent any clubs other than PSG/City who have the money to spend as direct competition for him. As usual big problem is levy values him at £175mil which is unrealistic post covid. £90mil more realistic. Glazers may approve going for Kane to quell supporter unrest.

Source: Transfer window podcast.

lysglimt

Scout
There is no way Tottenham will sell Kane for a price any club can afford. Not even City would spend £130-140 million on him - on top of £300.000 a week. That is spending well over £200 million on a player whose sell-on value will drop dramatically for each year. That's the problem with being 28 in todays market.

shahzy

If its a straight option between Sancho or Kane, id pick Sancho. Younger guy who has more of a chance of having a long illustrious career with us and can even be sold on in 3-4 years time and probably retain most of the value. Kane in 3-4 years time wont have as much value as the sum we will have to pay.
Besides the financial side of it, i think balance of the team would be better with a RW than neglecting that for another year

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
See out of Kane or Sancho I’d pick Kane for sure. Not because I don’t think Sancho Is a cracking player, but because I think Kane is a guaranteed success and I think we would likely win the league next season with him added to the squad. It will never happen though.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
There is no way Tottenham will sell Kane for a price any club can afford. Not even City would spend £130-140 million on him - on top of £300.000 a week. That is spending well over £200 million on a player whose sell-on value will drop dramatically for each year. That's the problem with being 28 in todays market.
Agree with that. His contract is till 2024, doubt he'll go much before that because the financial side of any deal will be impossible.

The only way of a transfer before is if he has a release clause or forces his way out via a strike or similar.

032Devil

I wonder if Kane would have the guts to ask for a transfer. He only signed a long contract last summer and Spurs chairman is a tough nut. I see Kane not having the strength of character to demand a move.

I wonder if Kane would have the guts to ask for a transfer. He only signed a long contract last summer and Spurs chairman is a tough nut. I see Kane not having the strength of character to demand a move.
thought the contract was a couple of years ago at least. Poch was definitely there at the time.

crossy1686

career ending
So the Athletic are saying United have tabs on Kane and Haaland but due to Cavani resigning it won't be until next summer most likely. Also said the funds needed to buy a new striker would probably be the whole summers budget for the players they're looking at.

crossy1686

career ending
Do these players not have contract clauses any more? As in "if we go to shit or the big boys come in, I can leave for a reduced fee"? Seems very strange to sign a 5 year contract at a club that won't win anything in that time

Doracle

thought the contract was a couple of years ago at least. Poch was definitely there at the time.
It was 2018, so he’s midway through it now as it ends in 2024. I do find it odd that top players sign such long contracts without any form of exit strategy (assuming that is the case here - and I haven’t heard any suggestion that he was a way out). Their careers are short and there is always the risk of a club, particularly one at Spurs’ level, entering a rebuilding phase. I can’t see him moving this summer as the fee will be huge. That might work well for us though - one more year of Cavani and then maybe able to get Kane next summer.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So the Athletic are saying United have tabs on Kane and Haaland but due to Cavani resigning it won't be until next summer most likely. Also said the funds needed to buy a new striker would probably be the whole summers budget for the players they're looking at.
Yep next summer will be the one where the strikers move, Kane's making it known now he wants out but he'll give Spurs one more year for them to turn it around (which they won't), Haaland will move due to his release clause and Lewandowski will move as he'll only have a year left on his contract and be at an age where Bayern will be wanting a replacement

crossy1686

career ending
It was 2018, so he’s midway through it now as it ends in 2024. I do find it odd that top players sign such long contracts without any form of exit strategy (assuming that is the case here - and I haven’t heard any suggestion that he was a way out). Their careers are short and there is always the risk of a club, particularly one at Spurs’ level, entering a rebuilding phase. I can’t see him moving this summer as the fee will be huge. That might work well for us though - one more year of Cavani and then maybe able to get Kane next summer.
I think Kane's just a bit dim and naive to be honest. For some reason he trusted Levy and then Tottenham signed no one, and told the world Kane wanted to stay because he wanted to play in the new Spurs stadium, and then sacked Pochettino. He won't push for a transfer because he probably thinks they'll get top 4 next year.

crossy1686

career ending
Yep next summer will be the one where the strikers move, Kane's making it known now he wants out but he'll give Spurs one more year for them to turn it around (which they won't), Haaland will move due to his release clause and Lewandowski will move as he'll only have a year left on his contract and be at an age where Bayern will be wanting a replacement
If we could sell Martial next summer we could land 2/3 of them.

it really is bizarre.

just in terms of wage inflation, a top player would be wanting to sign a new contract every 2-3 years so that remain one of the top earners.

from Kane’s perspective there is very little upside to signing such a contract. The only upside is if he got a career ending injury or one that seriously curtailed his ability - then he has the contract to fall back on.

Doracle

I think Kane's just a bit dim and naive to be honest. For some reason he trusted Levy and then Tottenham signed no one, and told the world Kane wanted to stay because he wanted to play in the new Spurs stadium, and then sacked Pochettino. He won't push for a transfer because he probably thinks they'll get top 4 next year.
I doubt he thinks that. He must see the way the wind is blowing suggests that Spurs aren’t going to be back in contention for a while. Of course, if they get a top manager in then their prospects improve but it still feels that they have a relatively weak squad compared to City, Pool, Chelsea and us. I suspect the noises he is making are because he is seeing that there is little prospect of being competitive soon. However, I doubt he will kick up a real fuss because he isn’t that type of individual and, as England captain, he probably sees that he has to be a role model.

Pep's Suit

Of course not. Very likely City can't spend more than 50-60M on a striker this summer.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Sky running with the story that he’s told Spurs he wants to leave.

United, City and Chelsea in talks with his people

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I’d say there’s a lot of good examples of great strikers moving in their late 20s, 30s in the last few years that have been very influential, outlived the normal - I’d say historic - expectations, and more than justified the investment.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
The stand out one there is city. He’d score fecking loads for them

charlenefan

I still reckon he'll give them one more year to sort it out, which they won't and he'll leave next summer

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
100% signing for City. He’s Pep’s perfect false 9.

charlenefan

Before everyone loses their shit Levy ain't gonna give him away even if he does honour the request to leave, he'll still be asking for more than £100m (probably closer to £150m)